Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineering... do you only get recipes on crafted items?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills

illgot
12.13.2011 , 07:45 PM | #1

Every dropped item and quested item I reversed engineered only gave me mats, but can you also get recipes from non-crafted items?

UberRod
12.13.2011 , 07:59 PM | #2
Apparently. I've only ever got mats. At least in beta.

Syrocc
12.13.2011 , 08:03 PM | #3
Usually mats, sometimes upgraded recipes. I've just started crafting on my new IA, and after RE-ing about 6 of the same belts, I got an upgraded recipee for a blue belt (which, in quality, is way above any loot that you can find/buy at your own level).
lvl 40ish Powertech
lvl 50 Sniper
lvl 50 Focus Sentinel (main)
lvl 99 Troll

Obbu
12.13.2011 , 08:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrocc View Post
Usually mats, sometimes upgraded recipes. I've just started crafting on my new IA, and after RE-ing about 6 of the same belts, I got an upgraded recipee for a blue belt (which, in quality, is way above any loot that you can find/buy at your own level).
you have misunderstood the question, im afraid

He is asking: Do non-crafted items RE into upgraded recipes, or drop recipes at all?

The answer is: no, none have been confirmed yet to drop from non-crafted items.

Would be a fantastic addition, imo!

persnikitty
12.13.2011 , 08:13 PM | #5
Not in early access yet, but crafted the hell out of armor and armstech during stress tests. Occasionally got upgrade patterns/recipes from RE all the way up to purple.

RE'd every world/loot drop I could which I didn't need. NEVER got an upgrade/recipe. Did get plenty of mats though.