Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Logitech G13 and SWTOR

demonolithic
01.01.2012 , 12:00 AM | #1
Curious if anyone is currently using this when they play SWTOR? I have a cat that loves to relax with me in my lap so using this to tool around with would seem a great idea. Just hoping the software is working with SWTOR.

Thank you for any feedback, suggestions, trolls... it's all good.
.. let me start by saying nothing...
Cochise
The Shadowlands

Riulassher
01.01.2012 , 02:08 AM | #2
It's working just fine, I haven't run into any problems. Joystick for movement, keybinds, Ctrl modifier, etc. I have mapped movement to arrow keys, because I had bad experience with using Numpad keys before.

One issue is that every time I roll a new character, all keybinds and majority of settings have to be set again.

Attilious
01.01.2012 , 02:10 AM | #3
been using this for years if you dont keybind movement to the joystick throw it out and stick to using a keyboard i really could never use a keyboard again i mean its almost like going back to a mouse with a ball and clicking everything then waiting in general for a group

only one problem is it has access problems you have to run it as admin to get it to work in game kinda annoying

Andryah
01.01.2012 , 02:13 AM | #4
the out of the box drivers don't work with this game, so be sure to download the latest drivers from the logitech web site.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

demonolithic
01.01.2012 , 02:47 AM | #5
Thank you all for the replies. Looks like I'll be ordering from Newegg shortly. Once Corsair works the kinks out of the M90 I'll have all my Razer garbage replaced.
.. let me start by saying nothing...
Cochise
The Shadowlands

Kerrunch
01.04.2012 , 04:25 AM | #6
I am using one and my out of the box drivers work.

I have my keys all mapped to emulate the keyboard and I never look at the display so no big deal there.

The only problem I've found in SWTOR is that my F1 button will sometimes set off the 1 button.
I have F1 mapped to the little joystick for a quick thumb snap.

The only other problem I've had with these controlers is that sometimes they do not load correctly when the machine boots up. A restart usually helps.

Clemsonalum
01.04.2012 , 01:40 PM | #7
I was given one a few days ago by a friend. I played with it some last night. I like it so far. I use it with my G500 mouse and it works great.

Shiby
01.08.2012 , 03:04 PM | #8
I still canot get any profies to work on my g13 ive updated to the latest software but it still dosent work

zoofar
01.08.2012 , 03:14 PM | #9
Sometimes you have got to change current profile manually from the G13's screen. Click around on it abit and you'll figure it out. Might be the unit is locked on a different profile than the one you are seing on the software.

Otherwise it's an excellent tool.

You can even make a script on it that auto-pages action-bars so you get "more" than just the two at the bottom. Lovely.
Peace

Lythir
01.08.2012 , 03:43 PM | #10
I've been using a G13 for a few years now, first in AoC to improve my mobility while casting / blocking, then in WoW as I went back for a fix of their latest junk. I simply wouldn't want to play an MMO without it now, or in fact any game.

The joystick is mapped to WASD so I can fire off any of the 22 main keys without stopping circle strafing. If you choose to map abilities here instead you're going to lose use of four of your buttons or have to keyboard turn with your right hand, and both are not ideal.

G1-G22 are mapped to my most commonly used abilities - with the most needed sitting on G3-G5/G10-G12/G16-G18. The stretch keys (ones I need to reach for) get lesser abilities or ones on long CDs, like temporary buffs. G20-G22 often have stance changes or in SWTOR medpacks, stims, etc. G23 and G24 are unmapped currently becuase I have to be stationary to use them. I might map the after death buff sequence to one of them.

In games like WoW I mapped a completely different set of keys for situational use - like having to drive a vehicle - or gathering resources which had me mounting and flying up a lot (none of which is useful in general play)

Now those who are level 30 or higher no doubt have more than 22 abilities which they would like to key activate - I personally have about 42. To get them all mapped I have my mouse 5 key mapped to my alt key forming a shifted key when used at the same time as the G13.

e.g. G10/G11/G12 are mapped to '1', '2', and '3' so I can make conversation choices without moving my hand. Alt 2 is mapped to my ability to remove DoTs, so in PVP all I need to do is hold down my mouse key and press G11 - and DoTs be gone!

With the addition of alt modifiers (or ctrl if you like) on the mouse I can easily access 44 keys - which is enough for my gameplay style - all while maintaining a good circle strafe.

Once you're used to it, the G13 is a significant advantage.