Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does one acquire augments?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How does one acquire augments?

Foofer
12.13.2011 , 07:43 PM | #1
I read that the only way to build/acquire augments is with the slicing skill. Is that true? I've been looking around torhead, and I can't seem to find a crafting skill that develops them. Is slicing really the only way to get them?

CompassRose
12.13.2011 , 07:45 PM | #2
Slicing is the only way to get them. If you take a look at the slicing mission list in torhead, you'll see that some missions give you the chance to aquire augments.

Don't know if it is guaranteed or if you need to hit your critical roll to obtain one.

drakeborn
12.13.2011 , 08:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
Slicing is the only way to get them. If you take a look at the slicing mission list in torhead, you'll see that some missions give you the chance to aquire augments.

Don't know if it is guaranteed or if you need to hit your critical roll to obtain one.
In beta, you got them on any success. However, blues and purples were rare.

HornedToad
12.13.2011 , 08:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Foofer View Post
I read that the only way to build/acquire augments is with the slicing skill. Is that true? I've been looking around torhead, and I can't seem to find a crafting skill that develops them. Is slicing really the only way to get them?
Slicing, Auction house, and I *thought* some were a quest reward but could be wrong.