Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

DriftingShade
01.22.2013 , 10:39 AM | #81
Personally, I'd have to say that my favorite class to play as so far is the Mercenary Bounty Hunter. I'm only Level 16 at the moment with her, but I'm loving the playstyle and PvP is just awesome with her! Now, I saw a few people saying that Mercs were ****** in PvP on a different thread but I do pretty decently with one...until the enemy notices I'm there. Then I'm f*cked.

Back on topic though, my second favorite is definitely the Jedi Shadow. I have him up to 35 right now (I know, I suck but I have a fiance and a life so I can't play ALL the time) and I love the Rogue-ish playstyle mixed with the capability to tank rather well. Shadows aren't so bad in PvP either from my experience. I'll have to play some more matches and see how things go.
Lumnis: Level 35 Jedi Shadow, The Harbinger
Aven'Drizz: Level 16 Mercenary (BH), The Harbinger

Asbiorn
01.22.2013 , 11:14 AM | #82
I find the Sith Sorcerer to be the most fun to play with Mercenary being second.
Jedi Guardian I thought was boring and found myself rushing to get him to 50 so I could just be done with him. I just started a Sith Marauder and am enjoying it more than the Jedi Guardian.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

Tamanous
01.22.2013 , 12:12 PM | #83
For simply fun factor I would have to say my gunslingersniper (prefer agent story by far but gunslingers are just more "slick" than snipers) tops all others I've played.

They are simply just hella fun. I enjoy the tactical aspect of them. No other class is so dependent on choice of engagement and all of their builds are enjoyable. Every time I start playing a melee class I find it comes down to: Get into melee ... faceroll keyboard ... run around like a maniac.

Gunslinger/snipers require 360 degree, 40m+ awareness and perfect choice set up which I enjoy. Many times I have realized that I lost a fight entirely based upon where I decided to engage from and from rotation choices. Someone might kill me easily and then next fight I kill them more easily simply because of tactical choices. Few classes have this extra layer of complexity. Perhaps frustrating to some, I find it interesting and enjoyable. As well, of all the classes, they seem to be good from their collection of abilities and least reliant on 1 or 2 gimmick powers which so many other classes completely rely upon.

Baalzamon
01.23.2013 , 02:05 AM | #84
Most fun atm is my Juggernaut (Vengeance spec) and my Sentinel (Combat spec).

beefyandbeef
01.23.2013 , 07:20 PM | #85
IMO, The Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer Madness is by FAR the most class to play...

I have played every class and advanced class one for each side, and The SI Sorcerer is on the top...

You cannot beat force lightning'ing people in the face, contantly streaming a wave of force lighting gives you the feeling of pure raw power. Also, I find it quite amusing(as a dark side SI) to shock whiny babies during conversations.

Not only is it super awesome to kill major bosses or hunt down a ghost and ind it, but I find myself just killing trash mobs for fun for the feeling of power!

Heck! I even went to Korriban as a level 40 just to lightning the heck out of the mobs there

Well that's my two cents...
Roaric Level 50 Vanguard
Proud CE Owner
Semper est lux in tenebris-There is always light in darkness

Eterud
01.25.2013 , 06:30 PM | #86
Most interesting story lines:
Bounty hunter>Sith inquisitor>Imperial agent

Most fun gameplay:
Mercenary(both the Pyrotech/Bodyguard specs) > Assasin(Darkness for pve/deception for pvp)

Least fun gameplay:
Marauders. Usually I play melee classes in mmo's..loved warriors/dk's in wow for example. but in this game warriors/marauders are just pure....boring dullness to an extent that I actually fell asleep while playing it, Couldn't stand levelling my marauder further than level 29.

oaceen
01.30.2013 , 12:05 PM | #87
shooting people in the back of the head with a shotgun never ever ever gets old

Elisaveta
01.30.2013 , 03:44 PM | #88
I've played a Sith Sorc, Jedi sage, Sith mara, IA and Gunslinger.

For pure story I enjoyed the sith warrior the best. Gunslinger had a charm of it's own I really enjoyed all the conversations and the corso romance.

For overall gameplay (WZ, Flashpoints, grouping) Sorc was my fav. The combinations of abilities you get are awesome plus I generally prefer playing ranged casters so I'm probably a bit biased.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

revansowns
01.30.2013 , 06:30 PM | #89
Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin, with Scoundrel/Operative as a close second.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

Marak
01.30.2013 , 09:01 PM | #90
I have a 50 of every class in my sig. Not going to go into storylines, but I would say my ranking is thus (and I'll only do DPS specs just so we're comparing like to like) (also specifically for raiding and not necessarily ranked by effectiveness):

Annihilation Marauder
TK Sage
Lethality Operative
Sab/DF hybrid Gunslinger
Vigilance Guardian
Sharpshooter Gunslinger

Least favorite:
Madness Assassin
Focus Guardian
Balance Sage
Concealment Operative

Don't know or "Meh" (no order):
Hybrid Sage
Sab Gunslinger
Deception Assassin

No class is perfect and all of them have strengths and weaknesses. Like I hate the fact that annihilation marauders have effectively zero multi-target DPS, but I still find them to be the most enjoyable to play. And some people only find enjoyment in relative effectiveness. Some classes will parse better than others.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder