Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High Latency at Random Times ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
High Latency at Random Times ??

DarthSimus
01.02.2012 , 11:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MoltenRog View Post
Problem is, My server isn't heavy and I have this server can be in the morning when it's light or during heavy or medium or light times.

It's random lag spikes.
Yes it is, I suffer from the same problems. I was just mentioning what other people have noticed for themselves. I can occasionally play for an hour here or there, and at other times I get kicked out every few minutes. It's incredibly frustrating and it is a server error.

Qaoz
01.02.2012 , 11:47 AM | #22
My EC9000 problem seems to have subsided, but I still experience massive latency (1500-2500ms average with spikes in the six-digit area). Sometimes my latency will suddenly drop from 2000-ish to 200-ish and back up after a while.

I had an average latency of ~200ms (standard for an overseas connection) around the New Year switch, where the amount of people online, not to mention in-game, was probably at an all-time low. I'm not exactly tech savvy, but it sounds like something somewhere is having an issue handling the load.

DarthSimus
01.02.2012 , 11:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Qaoz View Post
My EC9000 problem seems to have subsided, but I still experience massive latency (1500-2500ms average with spikes in the six-digit area). Sometimes my latency will suddenly drop from 2000-ish to 200-ish and back up after a while.

I had an average latency of ~200ms (standard for an overseas connection) around the New Year switch, where the amount of people online, not to mention in-game, was probably at an all-time low. I'm not exactly tech savvy, but it sounds like something somewhere is having an issue handling the load.
Please read my post on page 2, I've already mentioned what the problem is.

Qaoz
01.02.2012 , 12:12 PM | #24
I read your post and was confirming what you said.

dubq
01.02.2012 , 02:03 PM | #25
Screenshot of what I see when it happens. Notice the insanely high latency and the little red x over the connection bars. Also, the other player in the screenshot, was experiencing the same thing. He looked like he was having a seizure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4..._02_094444.jpg

dubq
01.02.2012 , 02:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSimus View Post
I feel I'm posting this every other minute but here goes:

The latency issue you're all experiencing is the first half of the error 9000 problem. There is a sticky at the top of this forum for further information. Some who have looked into tracing the problem believe it to be with the Telia servers used to route information to the Bioware servers.

There is nothing you can do about it, save hoping that Bioware will eventually update us.
This is fine, and thank you for posting this, but how were we to know this had anything to do with 9000? There is no error code when this issue happens. It just happens. Just saying, there's no need to get uppity about it toward those of us who didn't know this had anything to do with that error.

DarthSimus
01.02.2012 , 02:08 PM | #27
I wasn't getting uppity, I was being resigned to the fact that because Bioware CSRs' are totally useless, nobody knows why it's happening to them.

Qaoz
01.02.2012 , 02:18 PM | #28
I'm guessing Error Code 9000 means "server connection timeout" which would explain why it's related to our latency issues.

I sure hope it's on their end, because I'm all out of things to try here. And if it is on their end then I hope they fix it fast.

Someone in the game (just before I timed out) mentioned something about UDP and 560 byte packets, which would cause some severe lagspikes if dropped occasionally. I have no idea what he meant, but it sounded like it might be worth mentioning here.

Edit: He also mentioned checking the router's CPU load (not throughput). No idea how relevant it is, but I might as well post it.

Yezhik
01.02.2012 , 02:35 PM | #29
I'm so effing tired of this crap, RANDOMLY, be it 3pm, 9am, 12am, 9:49 pm. I get freaking 300k latency, or 18k, or some dumb number.

I can browse the internet and my speedtest.net says i have 10ms ping, and 30ms to califronia's servers(even though that shouldn't matter since im on East servers).

Yet freaking swtor decides to lag the hell out and ruin my gameplay experience through any time of day
Ruskiy Jedi

MyTallest
01.02.2012 , 02:39 PM | #30
I am trying a different course of action tonight to see if it might fix the issue. I have opened all the ports suggested by the forums 8995,12000-12999,20000-30000. I know it should not make a difference but I am going to try. I am thinking maybe the UPNP enable process on my router is getting overwhelmed with multiple requests or the port is opening then going dead for what ever reason then when SWTOR requests that same port the router just sticks it tongue at it says "NEENER NEENER YOU CANNOT HAVE IT". I will report more after tonight's game play. I agree this is NOT an ISP error at all this is MOST definitely an issue either on part or whole with the server. On word and upward !!!!