Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High Latency at Random Times ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
High Latency at Random Times ??

MyTallest
01.01.2012 , 05:21 PM | #11
BUMP for others having this issue

Divinusfoeda
01.01.2012 , 05:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MyTallest View Post
I just realized that I may have posted this in the wrong forum so I am re-posting it here. Here is my original post.

I know this might have been posted already and if it was please do not flame me just kindly point me in the correct direction. I am experiencing a very interesting issue. Every once and while during game play my latency will spike up into the hundred of thousands my highest to date is 425,465 MS it stops wait wait wait and then resets back down to my normal most of the time of 50 ms and it is fine for a time then back up it goes. I have somewhat of a high end system AMD 64 FX2 5200 8gb ram Geforce 260 GTX. If anyone else getting the same at random times??? My network is fine as I run TS at the same time and experience NO lag on that program at all. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

EDIT: I have ran the launcher Repair tool to make sure all my files are up to date and correct.
Hello there. I'm experiencing similar problems. I play on the servers Canderous Ordo and Thelsa (I forget) and experience this issue with both servers. For the record, they are both high population servers and Canderous Ordo is frequently in queue status.

I will get a huge lag spike (around 10, 15k ms) for maybe 10 seconds and then everything goes back to normal. I usually turn to my wife and expect her to be loading some stupid YouTube Makeup video tutorial, but she's not the blame here (this time).

I also believe that the inherent server lag is what's causing the FPS issues. I swear that when I'm in an instance or online at a dead hour (like 3, 4:00am) the game runs as smooth as can be (like Beta). When I'm on at a higher playing time and especially when there are lots of people on the same planet, I feel like the game just isn't responsive at all. Even if I'm off by myself somewhere in a corner of the map, it's like the server is lagging and having trouble communicating with my client.

Anyhow, most of the problems I've run into seem to be directly related to the servers themselves not being able to handle the player load.

MyTallest
01.01.2012 , 05:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Divinusfoeda View Post
Hello there. I'm experiencing similar problems. I play on the servers Canderous Ordo and Thelsa (I forget) and experience this issue with both servers. For the record, they are both high population servers and Canderous Ordo is frequently in queue status.

I will get a huge lag spike (around 10, 15k ms) for maybe 10 seconds and then everything goes back to normal. I usually turn to my wife and expect her to be loading some stupid YouTube Makeup video tutorial, but she's not the blame here (this time).

I also believe that the inherent server lag is what's causing the FPS issues. I swear that when I'm in an instance or online at a dead hour (like 3, 4:00am) the game runs as smooth as can be (like Beta). When I'm on at a higher playing time and especially when there are lots of people on the same planet, I feel like the game just isn't responsive at all. Even if I'm off by myself somewhere in a corner of the map, it's like the server is lagging and having trouble communicating with my client.

Anyhow, most of the problems I've run into seem to be directly related to the servers themselves not being able to handle the player load.
I agree it is weird how / when it happens. I was alone like you were in a remote part of Balmorra with only 23 other people on the planet and all of sudden up to the stars goes my Latency it finally stopped at 45k stopped there for a bout 10 seconds and then reset back to normal nothing else was running on my network at the time.

MyTallest
01.02.2012 , 03:56 AM | #14
BUMP for others. Need more instances of this issue.

dubq
01.02.2012 , 11:28 AM | #15
I had the worst one last night. Normally it goes away after a few seconds and I can resume playing. This time it kicked me right out of the game and back to the server selection screen. Luckily it was late enough that there was no queue, but still...

DarthSimus
01.02.2012 , 11:30 AM | #16
I feel I'm posting this every other minute but here goes:

The latency issue you're all experiencing is the first half of the error 9000 problem. There is a sticky at the top of this forum for further information. Some who have looked into tracing the problem believe it to be with the Telia servers used to route information to the Bioware servers.

There is nothing you can do about it, save hoping that Bioware will eventually update us.

MoltenRog
01.02.2012 , 11:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
If its erratic like that, then the signs are pointing towards an ISP issue. They might be throttling you, especially if it is around the same times each day, maybe with a letup for a day or so.
Everyone one of your posts concerning this issue is always first to blame the ISP, because you're not suffering from this issue.

Once again, I'm having exactly the same problem, I get erratic lag spikez and back down to 20-30ms and from my side i've done a packat log and it just drops packets off the server, which once again leads it to a SERVER PROBLEM.

DarthSimus
01.02.2012 , 11:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MoltenRog View Post
Everyone one of your posts concerning this issue is always first to blame the ISP, because you're not suffering from this issue.

Once again, I'm having exactly the same problem, I get erratic lag spikez and back down to 20-30ms and from my side i've done a packat log and it just drops packets off the server, which once again leads it to a SERVER PROBLEM.
Read my post. Though I will mention the problems seem to get worse when the Servers are under high load, and a lot less worse when under very little load.

MoltenRog
01.02.2012 , 11:40 AM | #19
Problem is, My server isn't heavy and I have this server can be in the morning when it's light or during heavy or medium or light times.

It's random lag spikes.

SoupyLogs
01.02.2012 , 11:41 AM | #20
For me, this issue occurs when I log on for the first time any given day. I'm usually log out for the day/night on the fleet to gain my rest XP plus pick up all my dailys, put more items on the GTN and check my mail when I log in. It happens 100% of the time I log on when my character is on the fleet.

If I log my character out somewhere else, I run fine until I get to the fleet for the first time. I could be on for a few hours with 0 lag, but as soon as I hit the fleet I lag out.

While I'm lagging out on the game, my Ventrilo and NetFlix on Xbox Live do not. It's not an ISP issue ever.
Jimmy Friday
Twin Sun Coalition
The only honor I know is get honor and stay honor