Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High Latency at Random Times ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
High Latency at Random Times ??

AmedusTOR
03.01.2012 , 10:25 PM | #111
Same issue here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada on the Kaas City Server. Hovers around 220MS, and spikes up to as high as 1400MS every ten seconds or so. I had thought it was my connection, but it turns out several of my guildies (and a handful of people in General chat) are having the same issue.

WaywardOne
03.01.2012 , 10:37 PM | #112
Same problem - hit me a bit last night, but it is slamming me tonight. Every few minutes if I start to do something (like pvp or run around the republic base), my latency goes from 42ms to 6k + and, if I keep trying to do something, I get kicked out.

I've reset my modem and router to no avail, and am able to do other things on the internet - like watch movies on amazon, surf, watch youtube, check emails and post here.

I have done ping tests and pinging 159.153.64.234 has little or no packet loss -unless- I start running around.

I've played this game a lot, in beta and since before release, and have never had significant connection issues until now. Of course it is March so this goes way after the original post... I will try opening the suggested ports on my firewall.

Quilland
03.06.2012 , 11:32 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by MyTallest View Post
Thank you for posting on my post. I was hoping I was not the only person getting this issue. I have been back and forth through my network making sure all my settings in my router / tcp stack and such were all correct. My Internet also aside from the game is fine I remain on TeamSpeak with no issues. This is not going to sound right but YAY for someone else having this issue "LOOK MA I'M NOT CRAZY " !!!!
Well, you probably are crazy just not this time
I'm having the same issue.
  • My latency bar gets the red-X for a period of time, usually less than a minute.
  • Latency goes through the roof, sometimes as high as 60k ms
  • My internet connection outside SWTOR remains fine. I have ventrilo running at the same time and its latency stays less than 100ms
  • I usually stay connected but sometimes get disconnected and cannot reconnect for a minute or so
  • My character can not move forward and none of the combat functions work
  • After a short while latency instantly drops back down to normal and everything is fine.... until the next time

The problem doesn't occur every day. Some days it occurs once, other days it occurs multiple times. Another person in the same house on the same ISP playing SWTOR doesn't have this problem. That said the problem isn't due to ISP since other connections do not show a latency jump. The problem is server-side.

Broketoon
03.18.2012 , 01:14 PM | #114
Cold Lake, Alberta...
All servers...both west and east coast getting huge latency spikes from 300-X to everything in between at random times; started begining of Feb...pings to the servers are good; Internet is not affected, nor are any other games. no packet loss.
Its becoming increasingly worse and unplayable ._. ...
A broken clock may be right twice a day, but its wrong the rest of the time..

Corlantis
03.18.2012 , 01:31 PM | #115
Same thing happening here.

I've had throttling issues with another ISP and game, this seems like it could be the problem. However, there has been no recognition of the client that it should disconnect. After several minutes of no contact to the server, you'd think that would happen, but as the OP said, it just get's stuck and the server lag figure just keeps counting up.

So, I had plans to do something with friends today, but I've given up, this game is unplayable today.

Hopefully this gets investigated and resolved soon.

Potwood
05.17.2012 , 07:42 AM | #116
I have exactly the same problem.. Hope they will take a look at this. Bump!

stephenalandavie
05.17.2012 , 07:48 AM | #117
Is there any on european servers having this issue? I am on a few servers and i have to say i havent had this problem.

obviously it is happening for people i see the posts everywhere. And with that frequency it cant be a customer issue, but a developers issue.

Gehenna_CA
05.17.2012 , 10:21 AM | #118
Seeing the exact same issues recently. Usually once or twice over the course of a couple hours of play. Ping spikes very high for a brief moment and then goes back to normal. It only started recently for me and SWTOR is the only game it happens in so it is not my connection.