Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Classes based on Film Characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Classes based on Film Characters

lazarayonwow
12.30.2011 , 04:27 PM | #1
What classes do you think are based on who? I will start with 1

Darth Maul - Assassin xD

Bobbyrab
12.30.2011 , 04:56 PM | #2
JK - Luke Skywalker

SI - Palpatine

SW - Vader

Smuggler - Han Solo

Consular - Hmmm...Yoda maybe?

Bounty Hunter - Boba Fett

Trooper - Clone warriors

Agent - Can't think of one

Lumpyone
12.30.2011 , 06:04 PM | #3
I've heard a lot of people say they thought the Consular was based on Yoda. I guess to an extend I can see that as a foundation perhaps, but as I've played a Consular I think its more based off Obi Wan.

winterforge
12.30.2011 , 06:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lumpyone View Post
I've heard a lot of people say they thought the Consular was based on Yoda. I guess to an extend I can see that as a foundation perhaps, but as I've played a Consular I think its more based off Obi Wan.
After Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul, Yoda granted him the rank of Jedi Knight because he was the first Jedi in 1,000 years to kill a Sith. Later he became a Jedi Master. Having said that, the game isn't just like the movies. Assassins can use Force Lightning but you never saw Maul use that, etc. Some of the movie characters are two classes combined, so Obi-Wan really is like a Consular and Knight rolled into one.

Master_Fel
12.30.2011 , 06:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by winterforge View Post
After Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul, Yoda granted him the rank of Jedi Knight because he was the first Jedi in 1,000 years to kill a Sith. Later he became a Jedi Master. Having said that, the game isn't just like the movies. Assassins can use Force Lightning but you never saw Maul use that, etc. Some of the movie characters are two classes combined, so Obi-Wan really is like a Consular and Knight rolled into one.
A lot of the movie characters don't roll into a single class (particularly the major Jedi/Sith). The Inquisitor is Maul/Sidious based, and the Warrior is based on Vader. The names themselves are a bit misleading, because in some cases they mean completely different things in Star Wars (e.g. Jedi Knight being a rank, basically meaning said Jedi isn't an apprentice or a master).
Alor'ad Verden Fel
Juaan ner'vode, ni atinii darasuum.
Beside my brothers, I endure eternity.
Website - The Champions of Mandalore - Forums

TheHiddey
12.30.2011 , 06:29 PM | #6
I picture Leia as (having the skillset of) an IA.

TheGreatMe
12.30.2011 , 11:14 PM | #7
wilhuff tarkin = Imperial Agent

Zeromentor
12.31.2011 , 12:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobbyrab View Post
JK - Luke Skywalker

SI - Palpatine

SW - Vader

Smuggler - Han Solo

Consular - Nothing comes to mind

Bounty Hunter - Jango Fett

Trooper - Clone-Wars Republic Troops

Agent - Maybe Mara Jade
Fixed, and I have no idea what they based Consulars on.
Ex-SWG player from 2005-2008.
RIP: Zeromentor, level 90 Bounty Hunter
RIP: Zerocyber, level 72 Spy.
Europe-Infinity Server. Now on Kinrath Spider.

BubbaDuke
12.31.2011 , 02:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobbyrab View Post
JK - Luke Skywalker

SI - Palpatine

SW - Vader

Smuggler - Han Solo

Consular - Hmmm...Yoda maybe?

Bounty Hunter - Boba Fett

Trooper - Clone warriors

Agent - Can't think of one
Consular is definitely Yoda. If Yoda were a normal sized race it'd be easier to see.

Agent is supposed to be based off of Tarkin I guess..I don't really see it because he never fought in the movies.

Kanubis
12.31.2011 , 06:41 AM | #10
Obi-wan acted more like a consular in Episode 2, being sent out to investigate the clone production and separatist situations. He was sent as an ambassador rather than a warrior.

He just happened to be really good at fighting. However, the Ep3 novel declares that he never mastered a particular Lightsaber fighting form. Mace Windu comments that this is why he was able to defeat uh.. you know, the wheezing four saber robot guy - because he wasn't mentally locked in to a specific form, and that dude killed jedi by learning their form and countering it. This does suggest that he wasn't trained as a warrior.

Also, on the Death Star in Ep4, he takes a very cautious approach to Vader, using Force powers to distract Stormtroopers rather than confronting them.

He used the force push thing against the trade droids and stuff as well.

So basically, if he used a double-bladed lightsaber, it would be a no-brainer.