Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FIX: Stretched/squashed graphics (WORKING)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
FIX: Stretched/squashed graphics (WORKING)

Galadorn
02.03.2013 , 01:00 PM | #31
I want to give a big thanks to the OP. This worked and fixed the problem. It isn't as simple as he made it out to be. But it worked for me.

I had an Acer AL1916W monitor that was stretched. When I used the tools provided by the OP, I found that the maximum resolution (1440x900) was being exceeded (1400x1050). The 1400 was just fine but the other resolution was not (and the INF file didn't even denote the height only a ratio). But once I disabled all invalid resolutions for the DVI input (I ignored the VGA settings), it worked like a charm.

Thanks again, this worked!

Daevak
02.14.2013 , 03:10 PM | #32
RedRangerABC, I cannot even begin to thank you enough for this information. A week ago I didn't even know EDID existed, and I was pretty reluctant to get into hexadecimal editing as I am still a pretty big noob with anything programming. Well I tried solution after solution to get my girlfriend's game displaying properly, literally dozens of different solutions and nothing worked. Today I got completely fed up and decided to download the programs and step out of my comfort zone to fix the problem. After messing around for a couple hours trying to figure out how to use the programs, I finally identified a string that represented a resolution with a width higher than the native resolution of the monitor. After finding the relevant blocks of information, I followed your steps, edited them to 01 01 as you said, loaded the drivers, restarted the system and voila!

I was pulling my hair out for a week, and your solution worked where all others failed. I seriously cannot thank you enough for posting that fix. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 05:14 PM | #33
Not sure why I didn't think of the below as a possible fix before, easier then modifing the monitor driver directly

Click Start
Control Panel
hardware and sound
device manager
go to monitor and right mouse click on update driver software
select browse my computer
pick from list
untick show compatible hardware
select standard monitor types then select digital flat panel (Pick your max resolution here) (if you have a lcd that is)

mareeni
04.10.2013 , 03:39 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Not sure why I didn't think of the below as a possible fix before, easier then modifing the monitor driver directly

Click Start
Control Panel
hardware and sound
device manager
go to monitor and right mouse click on update driver software
select browse my computer
pick from list
untick show compatible hardware
select standard monitor types then select digital flat panel (Pick your max resolution here) (if you have a lcd that is)
YES!!! Thank you! I was having so much trouble with this issue. I did what you recommended, restarted my computer, and no more stretched characters for me! Thank you!

OwenBrooks
04.10.2013 , 07:40 PM | #35
Great to hear, It was only a thought I had and wasn't sure if it would help, in theory it should and it does.

May not be a fix for everyone depending on hardware setup, I am glad it helped.

SilverDrake
04.30.2013 , 03:53 AM | #36
Thank you A LOT. This one worked for me. Problem has been bugging me for some time, now everything is fine.

Seriously, thanks a bunch. You helped a great deal.

Kurokage
03.11.2014 , 10:27 PM | #37
I did try the EDID fix first, but it didn't work because the highest resolution listed was already 1680x1050, my monitor's native resolution. I couldn't find any evidence in the registry or using either of the two programs that my computer was in any way telling SWTOR it could handle a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Switching from a HDMI cable to a DVI-D cable fixed it, though. I guess HDMI just doesn't like 16:10?
The Kypri Legacy - Jedi Covenant
Trysani: 60 Sorcerer | Alyann: 60 Operative
Evumei: 47 Scoundrel