Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FIX: Stretched/squashed graphics (WORKING)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
FIX: Stretched/squashed graphics (WORKING)

ClaudeTaylor
01.27.2013 , 10:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lothlorie View Post
Hey folks,

I am wondering if someone out there knows how to fix this.

Here is an image of what SWTOR looks like now on both my old and new gaming computer:-

http://www.heroeslight.org/images/lo...aphics-bug.png

As you can see, the UI is fine (circles are circles) but the graphics are stretched horizontally. This only happens in SWTOR and makes for ugly gameplay. Graphics are fine in Tera and I briefly logged onto Rift, where they are fine too.

After spending some 5 - 7 hours the other night trying to fix this I am at an utter standstill. I read all the posts, did google searches, downloaded latest monitor driver, tried recommended EDID viewers and editors, etc. etc.

What I learnt however is something else . . .

1. SWTOR reads the monitor info from the registry (the EDID data as I understand it).
2. Monitor data may be incorrect
3. You must modify this data for SWTOR to work correctly.
4. All programs to modify or read the EDID data will not work on my brand spanking new custom built gaming machine running Windows 7 professional.
5. So I can't change this at present.
6. The monitor I am using - a 27" Samsung - was working fine on my old gaming machine until the new patch.
7. The same thing happens on my old computer as well now - graphics stretched horizontally.

Any help would be appreciated!
I am having the same problem. I went so far as to swap to another monitor, it did not help. I put the other monitor back and it fixed the problem. I think this is temporary. It has happened bnefoe and i restarted the computer and logged back in to the game and that would fix it. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 restarts to get it to look right. Today i8 restarts didnt work so i did as i said above i swapped out monitors twice before my characters looks like they ae supposed to.

ClaudeTaylor
01.27.2013 , 11:07 PM | #22
Ya know. We pay bio 14.99 a month (well some of us do) But! They are paid to fix stuff like this. Instead we are having to help each other. That should tell you alittle something about the people running this game. They appearently dont give a crap about us paying customers. I have to send in 5 to 10 tickets a day, sometimes all i get is the same ole responce tellig me to go to these links that dont help me at all. Im not trying to bring everyone down but! Bio is gona kill this game!

OwenBrooks
01.27.2013 , 11:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ClaudeTaylor View Post
Ya know. We pay bio 14.99 a month (well some of us do) But! They are paid to fix stuff like this. Instead we are having to help each other. That should tell you alittle something about the people running this game. They appearently dont give a crap about us paying customers. I have to send in 5 to 10 tickets a day, sometimes all i get is the same ole responce tellig me to go to these links that dont help me at all. Im not trying to bring everyone down but! Bio is gona kill this game!
Bioware do not have to fix an issue due to incorrect EDID "cough" that is a windows function there is nothing for them to fix, they use EDID data if it is wrong in windows it is a windows issue.

Ring microsoft you paid for the OS (read the very first post in this thread )

ClaudeTaylor
01.28.2013 , 12:51 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Bioware do not have to fix an issue due to incorrect EDID "cough" that is a windows function there is nothing for them to fix, they use EDID data if it is wrong in windows it is a windows issue.

Ring microsoft you paid for the OS (read the very first post in this thread )
Well its real funny how nothing else on my computer causes this problem. No other games have this problem. No other mmos on my computer have this problem! No other programs have this problem!. If it looks like a fish, smells like a fish its a fish!, This alone proves its something they need to fix in their game. To be more clear! If no other programs or games on our computers are having this problem it is a swtor ( bio) problem!

OwenBrooks
01.28.2013 , 12:54 AM | #25
Ok ring bioware see what they say , i am not going to lose sleep over it.

My EDID is fine in windows, so it works fine for me.

ClaudeTaylor
01.30.2013 , 11:21 AM | #26
I have been thru 5 monitors it still does the same thing. no other programs or games do this only swtor . Bio needs to fix this its their problem and thats that! I see no csr has even tried to respond. They dont care. This game will not last much longer. I wont be resubscribing. If bio does nothing about this issue!

OwenBrooks
01.30.2013 , 12:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ClaudeTaylor View Post
I have been thru 5 monitors it still does the same thing. no other programs or games do this only swtor . Bio needs to fix this its their problem and thats that! I see no csr has even tried to respond. They dont care. This game will not last much longer. I wont be resubscribing. If bio does nothing about this issue!
Have you gone into the video control panel and looked at what resolution is available for the specified monitor, the issue you have is normally created due to 16:10, 16:9 or 4:3 being incorrectly set, do you use hd15-DVI adapters or straight DVI cables ?

Can you post a dxdiag and your client_settings file up or have you posted elsewhere ? best if these are with the monitor you normally use.

ClaudeTaylor
02.01.2013 , 01:10 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Have you gone into the video control panel and looked at what resolution is available for the specified monitor, the issue you have is normally created due to 16:10, 16:9 or 4:3 being incorrectly set, do you use hd15-DVI adapters or straight DVI cables ?

Can you post a dxdiag and your client_settings file up or have you posted elsewhere ? best if these are with the monitor you normally use.
Im using CRTs.

ClaudeTaylor
02.01.2013 , 01:13 PM | #29
Also i tried deleteing my graphics drivers and when the computer restarted it automatically installed windows drivers. I logged into the game and it worked fine no stretching at all but the minute i clicked log out (to swap characters) the screen went black i could hear the game sounds but no graphics. I am reinstalling the updated drivers now . Hoping it may help.

ClaudeTaylor
02.01.2013 , 02:04 PM | #30
The updated graphics drivers didnt do anything good. The graphics were stretched out again .