Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FIX: Stretched/squashed graphics (WORKING)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
FIX: Stretched/squashed graphics (WORKING)

BBence
05.02.2012 , 12:27 PM | #11
HI!

The second program just freezes my whole computer, and I also can't find any EDID related files.
Can someone please help me? This solution is the last one I haven't tried yet

lothlorie
07.13.2012 , 12:51 AM | #12
Hey folks,

I am wondering if someone out there knows how to fix this.

Here is an image of what SWTOR looks like now on both my old and new gaming computer:-

http://www.heroeslight.org/images/lo...aphics-bug.png

As you can see, the UI is fine (circles are circles) but the graphics are stretched horizontally. This only happens in SWTOR and makes for ugly gameplay. Graphics are fine in Tera and I briefly logged onto Rift, where they are fine too.

After spending some 5 - 7 hours the other night trying to fix this I am at an utter standstill. I read all the posts, did google searches, downloaded latest monitor driver, tried recommended EDID viewers and editors, etc. etc.

What I learnt however is something else . . .

1. SWTOR reads the monitor info from the registry (the EDID data as I understand it).
2. Monitor data may be incorrect
3. You must modify this data for SWTOR to work correctly.
4. All programs to modify or read the EDID data will not work on my brand spanking new custom built gaming machine running Windows 7 professional.
5. So I can't change this at present.
6. The monitor I am using - a 27" Samsung - was working fine on my old gaming machine until the new patch.
7. The same thing happens on my old computer as well now - graphics stretched horizontally.

Any help would be appreciated!

killerOFgiants
07.15.2012 , 06:37 PM | #13
For starters, what graphics card do you have?
Peace is a lie. There is only profit.

lothlorie
07.16.2012 , 12:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by killerOFgiants View Post
For starters, what graphics card do you have?
nVidia GTX 680 (sold by Gigabyte)

Here is my system info . . .

Spoiler

slipknotslipknot
12.22.2012 , 12:38 PM | #15
please will someone help me here. i have tried following the instruction here. but hey are EXTREMELY vague.

i have an Acer v223W 16:9 monitor. the problem is that when i play the game in a 16:9 resolution like 1024x600 the UI AND the game graphics become stretched up too tall. how ever when i play in a 4:3 resolution the UI is fine but the game graphics are now stretched out to wide.

all in all the game is VERY unsightly. no matter what i try the game just looks horrible.

anyhow if someone can PLEASE provide more detail instructions on to go through this process of fixing this crap. please do help me.

i have the two programs on my PC. but i have NO idea what to do.

http://postimage.org/image/qmj7yyyx7/

http://postimage.org/image/gb6v6b77v/

the two links above lead to screenshots of the programs suggested to use. i have been through some tabs and looked through the information. and SORTA understand what the guide here is talking about. but i find the guide rather vague and difficult to follow.

slipknotslipknot
12.22.2012 , 05:03 PM | #16
i hope there is someone out there that can help me with this.

i have a HD5450 and am using the latest drivers.

please help. the stretching is rather ugly.

slipknotslipknot
12.28.2012 , 06:19 PM | #17
anyone?

i did a google on my monitor. and some of the results say it is 16:9 while others say it is 16:10. the main website does not specify. IF IT IS a 16:10 then maybe that is my problem. however i can not see any 16:10 resolutions on my PC in Display or in CCC.

i have tried a registry hack for CCC to input a resolution. but it still does not appear in the list. i have even went to games config file and put a 16:10 resolution. however the game does not load.

i hope someone can help me :/

slipknotslipknot
01.03.2013 , 06:05 PM | #18
so i register for an F2P account on dec 22nd 2012. 5 hours later i subbed. and 2 hours later after subbing i sent a ticket in on this problem. which has not been responded to and was removed after 7 days. i sent another ticket in on the 29th or 30th. and TWO days later the ticket was removed.

so not only does customer service desk refuse to help me. i get ignored by the community board as well.

seriously, what does a person have to do to get some help around here? or is this just a known problem that no one cares about? am i doing something wrong? if i am not doing something right or need to provide more details then tell me. don't just ignore me and trololol as i bang my head on the wall trying to solve this.

people... someone... ANYONE... PLEASE help me. ><

Portos
01.23.2013 , 11:33 AM | #19
@OP THANK YOU

This post helped me identify my problem. I have a HP monitor that for some reason allows me 1920 x 1080 even tho the best resolution is 1680 1050. And that only occurs when i use the HDMI port.

My solution was simple once i found out what the problem was. I just replaced the cable and went back to regular one instead of HDMI.

This was preventing me from playing SWTOR so thank you again !!!!!!!

Jamers
01.27.2013 , 08:50 PM | #20
This worked for me on my 1440x900 resolution monitor! I did have to restart after I performed the steps above, but then the registry updated! Thank you!
ghost in the storm
Terentatek