System to draw old players back.

ddkjustin

Before someone responds with "lol TOR is f2p anyway idiot l2p" : being capped at 50 and simply replaying the content I've already done is not a good way to measure my interest in returning to the game. Giving a 7 day trial of the new content is.

I unsubbed about a year ago due to school. Since then, I have not gotten one email from BW/EA asking me to come back and try SWTOR again. It seems like Blizzard used to send me one every other month or so after I unsubbed from WoW years ago. I finally took Blizzard up on one of their offers at the beginning of summer. This offer led to me buying Cata, MoP, a recurring subscription, several name changes and two character transfers.

Regardless, I resubbed to SWTOR tonight and will try it for a month. If BW had a system to bring old players back, the time and money I spent on WoW over the summer would have probably gone towards SWTOR.

Suggestion: Former subs who have been inactive for a period of time should be sent an invite to play SWTOR for seven days under sub status. If the former sub's account does not have the xpac, let them have access to the content during the seven day period. If the former sub decides to resub, offer some bonus such as a one time extra lump of cartel coins (500 extra, the monthly bonus), a free item pack specifically for former subs, etc. Anything to make the former sub feel as though they got something. People love small token gifts, aka free ****.

I think the biggest issue that Bioware needs to address is not how get these people back.. But how to retain the people they have first..

This game needs content.. It needs to stop milking the Cartel Market and start getting a little more serious about the game..

Make the Gree event a true recurring event.. Do the same for Bounty hunter event.. On for one week and then off for 3 is a little odd.. How about on every other week or on for two weeks and then off for two weeks.. Do the same for the gree event.. Then really focus on content..

We need a ton more events.. We need 2 or 3 events going every month.. We need an in game calendar.. Not a new pack for the Cartel Market..

It is really sad that over 80% of the mounts and vanity pets in the game are obtained by literally doing absolutely nothing except spending money... Not by killing something.. Not by camping somewhere looking for a rare spawn.. No special holiday quests inside existing flashpoints.. Not by playing the game..

While I think getting returning players is important.. Giving them a reason to stay to me is more important.. :)

I personally want more story content. They need to invest money into furthering what made this game great to begin with. Having 8 different stories that could be played in different ways was super cool and it is time that they did more of that. :) Edited by zejaie

I unsubbed about a year ago due to school. Since then, I have not gotten one email from BW/EA asking me to come back and try SWTOR again. It seems like Blizzard used to send me one every other month or so after I unsubbed from WoW years ago.

Ya, I unsubbed from WoW 18 months ago and I still get those BS emails. More spam for the trash. Sorry. Only pisses me off.

Edited by psandak

I was under the impression that any current subs would get access to ROTHC for free now as well. So, if you come back and sub, you should be able to try out the new content.

I haven't unsubbed since launch myself, but are you sure BW NEVER emailed you to come back? A friend of mine who played at launch and unsubbed about 6 months in says he gets emails about their new stuff. Maybe yours got put into spam folder or something? I, too, still get emails from Blizzard every few months, and I was only a subscriber there for 6 months max, 3+ years ago.

I think the biggest issue that Bioware needs to address is not how get these people back.. But how to retain the people they have first..

This game needs content.. It needs to stop milking the Cartel Market and start getting a little more serious about the game..

Make the Gree event a true recurring event.. Do the same for Bounty hunter event.. On for one week and then off for 3 is a little odd.. How about on every other week or on for two weeks and then off for two weeks.. Do the same for the gree event.. Then really focus on content..

We need a ton more events.. We need 2 or 3 events going every month.. We need an in game calendar.. Not a new pack for the Cartel Market..

It is really sad that over 80% of the mounts and vanity pets in the game are obtained by literally doing absolutely nothing except spending money... Not by killing something.. Not by camping somewhere looking for a rare spawn.. No special holiday quests inside existing flashpoints.. Not by playing the game..

While I think getting returning players is important.. Giving them a reason to stay to me is more important.. :)

I'm all for there being more recurring events, but unless they are adding new stuff every couple of iterations, one week per month is plenty for the bounty event, IMO.

I also think the Gree event is better served on a more spread out schedule, rather than monthly.

Cartel market will ALWAYS have more vanity content than that which can be obtained in-game. It's just easier and less time consuming to produce than making new missions, etc. I don't think it's sad that there's lots of stuff in there, people spend money on them, and help generate income for the production of the game.

They are releasing new content (SSSP coming to fruition?), and I feel like they're hitting a good stride with adding content on a regular basis now, after the stumbles they overcame the first 1.5 years. Oricon is a great example of what I hope we can see more of: story-driven missions leading into what become daily missions, leading to 2 operations.