KotFE Info...??

Nivek_Sivad

Hey,

My friends and guildies are talking about how they may be leaving SWTOR for a bit to go play WoW when Legion hits, because they just don't know much about KotFE(They haven't been kept up to date). What can I tell them about the expansion, and it's features, that'll pique their interest? I'm not asking this because I'm trying to get advice on changing their opinion about WoW, I just want to inform them of the features of the expansion, from big things to little things. I know there will be "There is a search button for a reason.", but I'm asking this on a player-to-player basis, so I c an get a list of what's to come from someone who can put a bit more detail in, rather than Bioware's: "Story coming... 'Soon'."

Thanks!

-N

What we do know so far:-

1) On launch there will be 9 new playable chapters with new chapters coming regularly from Jan 16

2) aparently our past choices matter from how we treadted our companions to ....

Ok thats it for new content really but there are also changes to the 1-60 game such as:

2) flashpoints and operations are being changed, many flashpoints can be done at any level 15-65 and most are now tactical, some flashpoints get story mode (only the first one on each side and any "story" flashpoints that relate to SOR or finish the Ilum story.

3) Comapnion gear is essentially being removed, all companion gear is now visual only, the stats come from their gear scaling to your curent level (whether this is green stats or blue we don't know).

4) Companions can now perform any role you wish, Kira can now heal you for instance.

5) Gear is being made simpler, there will only be 1 mainstat for everyone.

6) the levelling from 1-50 will be changed slightly while it seems 12x xp will be removed levelling will be faster, the quote from Bioware is that the time taken to complete the game from scratch will be about the same as it took to complete KOTOR back in the day.

7) There will be no new endgame content (other than the upgraded ops and flashpoints) on launch, though its said that there will be some endgame stuff worked on after the launch.

Now depending on what your guild freinds or your friends are after interms of gameplay, these changes may or may not affect their decision to leave, I play this game for story purposes only (I dont PvP and I don't do ops) but I also have not completed the class storys several times over, so there is still quite a bit I can still do.

From last month, I'm sure you get the idea

These are good questions! We are working on a blog

I am actively working with the team on a blog/post which will describe everything in detail.

I know there are other questions pending, and we are working on other posts and blogs to cover those topics as well.

We will likely talk more about Influence when we talk about your Character's Alliance.

No plans to talk Crafting on this livestream, but do know that it is on the list of info you will be getting in the next few weeks!

Hey,

My friends and guildies are talking about how they may be leaving SWTOR for a bit to go play WoW when Legion hits, because they just don't know much about KotFE(They haven't been kept up to date). What can I tell them about the expansion, and it's features, that'll pique their interest? I'm not asking this because I'm trying to get advice on changing their opinion about WoW, I just want to inform them of the features of the expansion, from big things to little things. I know there will be "There is a search button for a reason.", but I'm asking this on a player-to-player basis, so I c an get a list of what's to come from someone who can put a bit more detail in, rather than Bioware's: "Story coming... 'Soon'."

Thanks!

-N

I hate to be mean.. but your friends are leaving for wow? then they should go back to WoW, they will anyways, this game isn't for them. Plus legion doesn't even have a release date yet? it will probably be sometime next year, way after KOTFE.. so why can't they make their own decisions about KOTFE? Later doom and gloom post.

We need more blogs with information :tran_cool:

A long time ago I created a fake facebook account and just had a blog on it called 'This is the last Blog Ever!' With one entry 'Made ya look.' I wonder what ever happened to that account, pretty sure they bulldozed it.