What a Huuuuuuuge Gamble.

Proto

Unfortunately, whoever invested all of those millions into this game isn't going to get a payoff anytime soon. With 2,000,000 estimated box sales globally (about 1m in US) they will barely recoup the cost it took to make this game. With the box sales shown here: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/Global/ I think that we can safely say the word spread pretty quickly about the current state of this game. :(

Oh, and the chart that just keeps on giving http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor

Edited by Proto

Unfortunately, whoever invested all of those millions into this game isn't going to get a payoff anytime soon. With 2,000,000 estimated box sales globally (about 1m in US) they will barely recoup the cost it took to make this game. With the box sales shown here: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/Global/ I think that we can safely say the word spread pretty quickly about the current state of this game. :(

I think it already turned a profit. I could be wrong.

yes let us make uneducated guesses about the profit margin based on rough third party estimates of box sales that don't even include digital copies

conjecture at it's finest

Because EA is so quick to give out any actual numbers right, right? 3rd parties will have to do until the iron curtain is raised.

I think it already turned a profit. I could be wrong.

lol ,

they stated themselves they need 500.000 subs for 6 months just to be able to get all of their money back

and sins they losing subs fast i dont think they gonna make it ....

lol

mine is ending in 2 weeks to and not resubbing before they fix low pop , proper lfd tool , still got weird ability delay on my jugg , on my sorc its better weirdly enough ..

Edited by Genesizs

Because EA is so quick to give out any actual numbers right, right? 3rd parties will have to do until the iron curtain is raised.

Or maybe it's none of your business unless you are a stockholder. If you are a stockholder, you'll find out on feb 2.

Just let it go, there is no mass conspiracy to trick people into playing.

I got mine digital it's not even released in australasia yet

Keep dreaming op

why do people need to post this crap

Is it to try make themselves feel important

Or is it some lame attempt at I told you so

I'm mean what's the purpose

They already made over nine thousands dollars in profits. I'm sure of it.

Why, that might just be enough for them to power their servers with a SECOND hamster+hamster wheel!

Poor Bobo over there is showing strain. Pauses every 10 seconds.

Edited by StrikeOfLight

I'm certainly not convinced this won't be F2P in a few years, but those numbers aren't actually bad. Like others have said, digital downloads aren't included by VGchartz. Second, all new games have drop-off in hours played in the months after release. I played about 60 hours the first week. Am I going to do that every week without fail? Of course not.

It's way too soon to make predictions of success or failure. Check back at the end of summer to get a good trendline.

I don't think Xfire is an accurate representation of subs. At all.

About 16-20 of us, USED to use Xfire and do not any more, and we all have 3-6mo subs going.

Also: If all the people who spent their free time trying to find any failure they can, that has been posted umpteen times on these forums already, ACTUALLY spent that time on something constructive in their life they would have probably already solved some of the world's problems.

Put your energy to good use, stop trying to bring people down who really don't care:

-Why you quit.

-What you think when you aren't happy.

-What YOU find wrong with something that they might enjoy.

-What YOUR rotten opinion is.

-What you feel your $ is worth.

-How much you enjoy or do not enjoy this game.

-What "factual statistics" you managed to dig up off the internet.

The amazing part of all this is... the posts are dwindling, just a little bit each day.. the negative ones. Little more. Little more...

And all the people I am enjoying the game with, they peek at the forums each day and we all sit in vent going:

"Not yet....."

... "Not yet...."

Because, just like every single other online game launch... you guys will move on to the next one, find something to gripe about and shovel the garbage into those forums. And then we'll be able to hang and post in the forums, get some good theorycrafting going, hypothesize on the next expansion etc etc.

I feel bad for GW2 players, I'll probably pick up the game myself, unfortunately as soon as some little thing bothers someone it will turn into another mess on the forums. So on and so forth with every game that comes out and doesn't instantly satisfy the loud mouths.

Until then... I guess get it all out while you can, there's no immediate release in site where you can try to garner attention incessantly all day and night by trolling a major game company's forums.

Edited by Ebbikenezer

My friend was one of them.

He wants to mail the game back to Bioware inside a crate with a live and very angry Badger inside it.

5 of my friends bought WoW cataclysm ... none of us play WoW anymore, must because WoW is dying right?

Yes, there was a discussion a while back that BW only needed 500,000 subscribers to be profitable and able to fund additional development. Besides, there is going to be a surge as each of the movies is released in 3D. So you can figure that the game will be around for at least the next 5 years.

My friend was one of them.

He wants to mail the game back to Bioware inside a crate with a live and very angry Badger inside it.

Why? Almost everyone had a chance to beta test the game. There were thousands of hours of videos available. There was even a beta forum that he could read.

He knew what he was buying. If not, he can only blame himself.

Edited by Tygranir

that's not even a passable excuse let alone a good one to base any kind of conclusion on... so in the absence of real facts you just accept incomplete guesses from random people as fact and make more guesses based on them? lmao

that's not even a passable excuse let alone a good one to base any kind of conclusion on... so in the absence of real facts you just accept incomplete guesses from random people as fact and make more guesses based on them? lmao

Gotta love these forum economists.