Over 57 Million Characters Created in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

TaitWatson

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Yellow Fortitude Crystal is the most popular? Uhh, no. You are fixing your stats on that one. I don't see ANYONE using Black/Yellow crystal past lvl 10.

Depends on what is meant by "popular". Total number in use... or total number acquired, etc. etc. I think it's more about how they collate the data. In other words, total volume of crystals acquired on an account.

Given that every preorder customer has probably rolled at least a dozen or two characters by now.. and that each character they roll gets a B/Y crystal gratis when the character logs in...(not to mention companions).... this data actually makes sense. Not to mention that any preorder customer can use collections to replicate as many as they like.

TL;DR I don't think it is the most popular crystal in terms of number of players actively using it.... but I DO think that every preorder sold (which was around 2 M, give or take) has acquired more then a dozen of these (because they are free). So you are looking at 20-50 Million of these crystals instanced in game on player accounts.

Edited by Andryah

It's really encouraging to see that the game has a large enough active player count that you feel comfortable publishing it. I wonder how much 12x had to do with nudging it over that magic number of 1 million.

I was hoping to see some numbers on what a big hit the 12x bonus was too, like number of new characters created or capped out with the bonus in effect. Do you think you might publish some fun numbers on that after you recover from the 3.0 launch?

Edited by Heezdedjim

I too found it pretty humorous that a crystal only available to the few players still in the game who pre-ordered is somehow the most popular. Definitely something extremely wrong with the way that data was reviewed.

It is probably all those "day 1" subs they lost, those still outnumber us by a magnitude.

What about the most popular and rarest pets and vehicles(other then the original correlias mounts)? How many Czerka Crate-O-Matics have ever dropped? Whats the most killed FP and Raid boss, whats the least killed? Just a few things I'm curious about. Edited by DustinDune

Black Yellow Fortitude Crystal is the most popular? Uhh, no. You are fixing your stats on that one. I don't see ANYONE using Black/Yellow crystal past lvl 10.

/signed.

Sorry, but I call massive bantha poodoo on this one.

Edited by BenKatarn

endurance, most often put into shields, offhands, and blaster rifles/pistols which would make them very hard to see if ever seen.

So you have 2 tank companions per player very easy to put those in both shield per companion, toss it into their companions main hand as well and you potentially have 4 per char + char itself. Times a few million chars not hard to see, was surprised myself but once I figured it was end. was easy to understand what they are being used for.

Some interesting statistical anomalies here.

57 million characters.

But only 6.8 million with ships.

Thus it's not hard to see that Advanced Black-Yellow is popular, as 50 million characters are sitting below the level to get a ship (having not finished Coruscant or Dromund Kaas.)

I'm not sure if it was a typo or there's some other anomaly, but 9.3 million Knights and 8.8 million Consular's is 18.1.

I'd be curious to know what the top ten or top five most popular color crystals are at level 50+.

(Also, to the note that Imperials outnumber Republic? 30.1 million Imperials. 29.7 million Republic. )

Edited by Savitar

Depends on what is meant by "popular". Total number in use... or total number acquired, etc. etc. I think it's more about how they collate the data. In other words, total volume of crystals acquired on an account.

Given that every preorder customer has probably rolled at least a dozen or two characters by now.. and that each character they roll gets a B/Y crystal gratis when the character logs in...(not to mention companions).... this data actually makes sense. Not to mention that any preorder customer can use collections to replicate as many as they like.

TL;DR I don't think it is the most popular crystal in terms of number of players actively using it.... but I DO think that every preorder sold (which was around 2 M, give or take) has acquired more then a dozen of these (because they are free). So you are looking at 20-50 Million of these crystals instanced in game on player accounts.

You just proved my comment right. The stats are fixed. The data is skewed and they know it.

I too found it pretty humorous that a crystal only available to the few players still in the game who pre-ordered is somehow the most popular. Definitely something extremely wrong with the way that data was reviewed.

Exactly my point.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I remember back at launch many people myself included used them, and I still see them occasionally, got low levels still using them so they might not be that far off

Just because there's no other choice back then or at that early level, doesn't make it "popular"... ;)