Anyone else feel like the Deep Core Explorer Hypercrate was a bit "light"?

I'm normally swamped with items after opening a hypercrate.

And that's after I've removed all the companion gifts, xp boosts and jawa scrap.

But this time, the items barely took up half my inventory after removing that :/

I didn't even have to unload the junk before getting to the last 5 or so of the crates... I normally have to do that long before that.

So, is it just me having an unlucky draw, or is this pack a bit lighter on the good stuff?

(also, got hardly any waepons)

Unbelievably, horrifyingly disappointing.

/sigh

...Makes me think this is another pack where they decided to fiddle with droprates and screw everyone, like the Nightlife pack fiasco from last summer.

Edited by Saregon

well, there appears to be less armour sets in there to begin with.

Also, watch out for stuff that stacks, if you have less diversity in those in the pack, you may get just as much but is hidden in stacks.

I don't ever buy hypercrates so I can't really say.

I feel like every time a new pack comes we get these same complaints. Usually it isn't many people though. Some people probably have some really bad luck and some have good luck. Of course if you have good luck you won't be on the forums upset about it.

On the plus side if you buy for profit lower drop rates tend to = bigger profit selling dropped items.

When they are common as muck is much more annoying imo.

Don't ever open packs if you buy for profit.

Sell the packs unopened for a guaranteed income instead of gambling for something rare.

Don't ever open packs if you buy for profit.

Sell the packs unopened for a guaranteed income instead of gambling for something rare.

I would say that is true for spending CC, I use credits though and only really aim to buy packs that are close to embargo, already embargoed, or back for 1 week then re-embargoed.

I find almost without fail I make profit opening packs that way and that's at current value of the items when I open the packs. On average I would say I make about double what I pay for the packs.

However buying current packs this is just never the case, be lucky to break even and I only buy those for new rep ( don't think I'll bother with the new rep until they release the packs with the best items in them, usually the last set of packs for the shipment ). If there were an item I really wanted I would wait a few weeks for it to hit rock bottom and just buy it.

I like the new mix. Older packs had a lot of garbage, these have a better quality. Plus I think the armors, weapons and mounts are better overall. So I like the new drop rates. I buy crates for a mix of selling for credits and to gamble on a few items. Last few packs have worked out very well for me, including the nightlife re-release and grand acquisitions packs

I like the new mix. Older packs had a lot of garbage, these have a better quality. Plus I think the armors, weapons and mounts are better overall. So I like the new drop rates. I buy crates for a mix of selling for credits and to gamble on a few items. Last few packs have worked out very well for me, including the nightlife re-release and grand acquisitions packs

So you like the lower droprate? :confused:

I would say that is true for spending CC, I use credits though and only really aim to buy packs that are close to embargo, already embargoed, or back for 1 week then re-embargoed.

I find almost without fail I make profit opening packs that way and that's at current value of the items when I open the packs. On average I would say I make about double what I pay for the packs.

However buying current packs this is just never the case, be lucky to break even and I only buy those for new rep ( don't think I'll bother with the new rep until they release the packs with the best items in them, usually the last set of packs for the shipment ). If there were an item I really wanted I would wait a few weeks for it to hit rock bottom and just buy it.

Well that's a fringe case really...

Not alot of folks out there buying packs for credits that are about to be embargoed only to sell them much later.

Most either buy new crates for CC to sell or soon-to-be embargoed packs for CC to sell later.

Very few buy for cash before embargo (at least from the ones I've talked to)

So you like the lower droprate? :confused:

To me it's quality over quantity. Less junk to take up space.

I opened 4 crates and got 3-4 complete armor sets, full set of weapons, mono cycle, 2 of the pod mounts, 3 vrakes, multiple decorations (at least 1 of each except the arrangement). So yeah, guess I am ok with it as the lower rates. It tends to increase their desirability, credit worth and "value"

To me it's quality over quantity. Less junk to take up space.

I opened 4 crates and got 3-4 complete armor sets, full set of weapons, mono cycle, 2 of the pod mounts, 3 vrakes, multiple decorations (at least 1 of each except the arrangement). So yeah, guess I am ok with it as the lower rates. It tends to increase their desirability, credit worth and "value"

I'm not talking about the junk (as you would have known if you read my entire first post).

I'm saying that normally, AFTER clearing out the junk, I have much more in the inventory than I did after opening a hypercrate in this pack.

It's times like this I am glad that I know what is coming in future packs thanks to the work of people we aren't supposed to talk about doing things we aren't supposed to talk about.

Because instead of blowing all my CC on a couple of hypercrates for this stretch, I have the foresight now to hold off until the pack that has the Freedon Nadd armor hits.

It's times like this I am glad that I know what is coming in future packs thanks to the work of people we aren't supposed to talk about doing things we aren't supposed to talk about.

Because instead of blowing all my CC on a couple of hypercrates for this stretch, I have the foresight now to hold off until the pack that has the Freedon Nadd armor hits.

Why not both? :D

I actually like alot of the stuff in this pack, so I'm buying both this one and the one with FN in it...

There is a happy medium that BW hasn't tweaked right yet, regarding drop rates. Just when you think they get it right, they turn around and pack seems to screw up the equation.

Out of 3 Masters hypercrates, I have a ton of the ceremonial armor, was able to get at least 1 complete set of the boxed stuff, but the other 2 unboxed I had only 1 - 3 pieces. Its like the older packs and the cybernetics. You get tons of the crap cybernetics, that kills any type of market for them, so you just delete them.

For this pack, again I was able to get at least one complete armor set, the rugged infantry which I wanted, a couple of pieces from the Tund Sorceror and Elegent Duelist, two of the Dark Legionairre helmets, and nothing from the instigator set. The good thing however, was that I wasn't flooded with more than two of anything, so hopefully the multiples will sell, unlike that ceremonial crap.

There is a happy medium that BW hasn't tweaked right yet, regarding drop rates. Just when you think they get it right, they turn around and pack seems to screw up the equation.

Out of 3 Masters hypercrates, I have a ton of the ceremonial armor, was able to get at least 1 complete set of the boxed stuff, but the other 2 unboxed I had only 1 - 3 pieces. Its like the older packs and the cybernetics. You get tons of the crap cybernetics, that kills any type of market for them, so you just delete them.

For this pack, again I was able to get at least one complete armor set, the rugged infantry which I wanted, a couple of pieces from the Tund Sorceror and Elegent Duelist, two of the Dark Legionairre helmets, and nothing from the instigator set. The good thing however, was that I wasn't flooded with more than two of anything, so hopefully the multiples will sell, unlike that ceremonial crap.

I got the entire Tund Sorceror set.

I got most of the Rugged Infantry (sans helmet and belt).

I got helmet and chest from Dark Legionaire (better than getting anything else I guess).

No Elegant duelist.

Got upper and upplementary Instigator.

Got 2 supplementary cyborg.

Only got 2 pistols and the assault cannon.

Oh and a Vrake. (and a bunch of the other pointless mounts that nobody will want)

That said, I'm used to getting more from a single hypercrate.

One thing that annoyed the hell out of me was that the "bonus" thing we got that we were supposed to get something "rare" from... I got the Rugged infantry bracer from that :(

Bit of a let-down.

Well that's a fringe case really...

Not alot of folks out there buying packs for credits that are about to be embargoed only to sell them much later.

Most either buy new crates for CC to sell or soon-to-be embargoed packs for CC to sell later.

Very few buy for cash before embargo (at least from the ones I've talked to)

Guess I shouldn't let my secret out of the bag lol. I am actually surprised how few do it to be honest ( if it was common practice prices of the embargoed packs would be higher ( I'm willing to pay 500K each for packs with decent content ) and probably the items would sell for less for longer ) yet I've made a pretty large fortune doing just that ... oh and buying up the odd undervalued items as I go through checking the prices/listing my items.

Guess I shouldn't let my secret out of the bag lol. I am actually surprised how few do it to be honest ( if it was common practice prices of the embargoed packs would be higher ( I'm willing to pay 500K each for packs with decent content ) and probably the items would sell for less for longer ) yet I've made a pretty large fortune doing just that ... oh and buying up the odd undervalued items as I go through checking the prices/listing my items.

I suspect people just lack the long-term commitment it takes to swoop up packs before embargo and then sit on them for a while.

I suspect people just lack the long-term commitment it takes to swoop up packs before embargo and then sit on them for a while.

I do the same thing that you are refering to here, and honestly, it's a game and I have to plan my work and finances in real life in the long-term and what not and cargo space in the game is limited and I make a winning even without waiting for the packs to be embargoed, so I just cannot be bothered with more than "buy and re-sell for some quick profit". ;)