This game's doing okay though... Right?

Thedownwarddog

Like... Everyone's not just cannibalizing and consuming it... ******** it out and pissing on it like what usually happens with MMOs right?

Like.... You guys understand that this game.... It's really good? like it's.... Like it's doing okay right? Right?

Activision's not trampling all over our villages and killing us with the brainwashed stormtroopers right?

People.... People understand when a game is good right? They don't.... They're not just going to nitpick it to the point where it dies and plug their brains back into the all consuming faceless monster that WoW has become at this point.... Right?

Okay. Phew. Thanks guys. I just.... Like I really like it when companies do stuff like this... Productions that really look professional, polished, endearing... I get really nervous. This game is just what the industry needs right now... Maybe it wont get through some CEOs heads.... But if people realize that games really are good when they treat us like adults and give us unique heartfelt experiences like this... I just.... I love this game so much... I would be heartbroken if it failed like so many other MMOs...

Really... I think this game has a greater power people are missing... It's so unique and massive... The potential is INCREDIBLE... This game could revolutionize the industry... I have so much faith in it. Please succeed Star wars.

Okay. Phew. Thanks guys. I just.... Like I really like it when companies do stuff like this... Productions that really look professional, polished, endearing... I get really nervous. This game is just what the industry needs right now... Maybe it wont get through some CEOs heads.... But if people realize that games really are good when they treat us like adults and give us unique heartfelt experiences like this... I just.... I love this game so much... I would be heartbroken if it failed like so many other MMOs...

Really... I think this game has a greater power people are missing... It's so unique and massive... The potential is INCREDIBLE... This game could revolutionize the industry... I have so much faith in it. Please succeed Star wars.

This game is what the industry needs right now? You gotta be f'n kidding me.... There is nothing innovative or revolutionary about this game, the game industry needs new and fresh approaches to MMOs, not regurgitated WoW in space.

Like... Everyone's not just cannibalizing and consuming it... ******** it out and pissing on it like what usually happens with MMOs right?

Like.... You guys understand that this game.... It's really good? like it's.... Like it's doing okay right? Right?

Activision's not trampling all over our villages and killing us with the brainwashed stormtroopers right?

People.... People understand when a game is good right? They don't.... They're not just going to nitpick it to the point where it dies and plug their brains back into the all consuming faceless monster that WoW has become at this point.... Right?

There are a few bright spots in this game; but overall it's mediocre. It's missing mountains of features, is one of the buggiest AAA MMO's I've seen at launch (and I've seen quite a few, especially recently) although not as bad as say the likes of STO .. still It's about 75% of a game... Vaguely reminiscent of DCUO (and that game has far better voice acting btw) in that aspect.

Without the Star Wars name and sound effects from Lucasarts no one would have even tried it out. Right now, I came from Rift, which had a $50 million dollar budget, not $300 and has all the features that this game is sorely lacking (except their crafting system sucks even worse) and I might be going back; despite my deep loathing for Trion's customer service. Rift isn't even a year old and didn't have half the Dev time or the budget. EA pushed this out the door for Christmas and a good 6 months too early. I bet Bioware morale is low even if their stock price is up, maybe that's why the forum mods are deleting negative threads?

Edited by Aurrelio

This game is what the industry needs right now? You gotta be f'n kidding me.... There is nothing innovative or revolutionary about this game, the game industry needs new and fresh approaches to MMOs, not regurgitated WoW in space.

I'm really sick of arguing this point. I get that people take a superficial approach to everything and have really bad judgement and unfulfilable expectations for everything, but there's a point where enough is enough and it's time to be responsible about your critiscisms.

At face value, this game is a MASSIVE online game with an incredible amount of depth, immersion, attention to detail, love, and respect for both the product and universe. I've been playing for about 5 days now and I havent had ANY problems. None at all so debiltating that I need to cry on the forums about it. I've been having so much fun. I went on the forums to say how much I love it. No one acknowledges the amount of immersion. No one acknowledges the amazing enviorments and atmosphere. No one talks about the story or anyhting.

I get really nervous about this. I think that there's a vocal minority who are going to run this game into the ground with nitpicking. Personally? most of the complaints people have are totally invalid with my experience. I HATE wow. I've been hearing about how wonderful it is for going on 8 years now. I hate it, I can't play it.

When I was a kid I DREAMED of MMOs this good. This game has the potential to bring MMOS into the present era, treat us like actual people. Not just bodys with credit cards sweating at the thought of a full progress bar. I love it. I feel like I'm having an interactive experience. I feel like i'm playing.... A GAME. It's doing EVERYTHING I want in an MMO and NO ONE seems to care.

I get that people complain. I get that people whine. But I really get sick with how goddamned persistant they are about it! They don't realize that if this game succeeds, then wow will get better even! Games in general will look at SUCCESSFUL PRODUCTS WITH NEW IDEAS (only thing that registers in CEOS heads), they dont get that itll get more companies spending more money (HELPING OUR ECONOMY) and generally have NOTHING BUT POSITIVE RESULTS IN THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY

Nothing will ever kill wow. People are proof of this. You guys NEVER want your addiction to die. but we can all win if we start looking at positives. If we stop being so goddamned defensive.

Please start looking at positives. Just look at everything and go "Maybe that was a good idea..."

I know this will never happen. But I can dream, right?

Nothing innovative? Are you *********** kidding me?

Seriously I cringe every time some troll says that SWTOR offers nothing new.

SWTORs innovation was the story, it made questing fun, it was able to make people care when they down that boss at the end of a flashpoint.

When I play this game I don't care that I'm not level 50, the only progression I care about is the story.

That to me is innovation at its finest, the ability to take what has been beaten to death by things before it (i.e WoW) and change to be enjoyable and entertaining again.

There are a few bright spots in this game; but overall it's mediocre. It's missing mountains of features, is one of the buggiest AAA MMO's I've seen at launch (and I've seen quite a few, especially recently) although not as bad as say the likes of STO .. still It's about 75% of a game... Vaguely reminiscent of DCUO (and that game has far better voice acting btw) in that aspect.

Without the Star Wars name and sound effects from Lucasarts no one would have even tried it out. Right now, I came from Rift, which had a $50 million dollar budget, not $300 and has all the features that this game is sorely lacking (except their crafting system sucks even worse) and I might be going back; despite my deep loathing for Trion's customer service. Rift isn't even a year old and didn't have half the Dev time or the budget. EA pushed this out the door for Christmas and a good 6 months too early. I bet Bioware morale is low even if their stock price is up, maybe that's why forum nazis are frantically deleting negative threads?

I think the reason that "forum nazis" are deleting threads are because people are viciously attacking the game without giving weight to anything positive. I really am seeing nothing but complaints and it's awful.

Everything I see is vicious. "OTHER GAME HAS THIS". "THIS GAME IS DOING THIS WRONG." I would be incredibly unhappy if people were viciously attacking my product without giving weight to ANYTHING positive.

It's like if you've just showed up at an art gallery with a painting and people are grabbing their magnifying glasses and comparing it to everyone else.

Like sure. Comparitive critiscism is valid and all but to completely destroy individualism in products in favor of a "standard" that people only flock to out of adversion to change... It's not fair to the product! especially when they stomp it into the ground and want to basially DESTROY the painting before they can even improve it! Ridiculous.

Innovation.... questing is so innovative for an MMO. Grinding is so innovative for an MMO. Shooting someone in the face is so innovative for a FPS too.

WoW stole from Everquest, Everquest stole for Lineage. INNOVATION!

What is innovative is actually merging an RPG into an MMORPG (wait what?) and having an encompassing story line which all side quests also stem from. Thats what the industry needed. Innovation.

wow was regurtitated everquest in azeroth and it did fine.

a small fraction of players actually visit the forum and spill their guts out all over it. the other large percent play the game and do just fine. Alot more than threads will be seen about peoples negative experiemces rather than positive, its hardly worth noting those opinions. Example: 1000 ppl go to a restaurant and love the food, one person finds a hair and complains for the next 10 years and never goes back. Awww the wonderful world of life.

Innovation.... questing is so innovative for an MMO. Grinding is so innovative for an MMO. Shooting someone in the face is so innovative for a FPS too.

WoW stole from Everquest, Everquest stole for Lineage. INNOVATION!

What is innovative is actually merging an RPG into an MMORPG (wait what?) and having an encompassing story line which all side quests also stem from. Thats what the industry needed. Innovation.

This is the most dumbed down MMO I have every played. Smaller groups, less class/professions options, crafting is dumbed down, smallest world, pathed to the extreme, etc etc.

Hand-holding questlines are not something innovative. Non existant guild functions, piss poor sharding/instancing, I could go on and on.

You're going to tell me that because they married voice acting and an extensive questline into the game and simutaniously dumbing down every other aspect that is known to MMOs is a good thing?

This is the most dumbed down MMO I have every played. Smaller groups, less class/professions options, crafting is dumbed down, smallest world, pathed to the extreme, etc etc.

Hand-holding questlines are not something innovative. Non existant guild functions, piss poor sharding/instancing, I could go on and on.

You're going to tell me that because they married voice acting and an extensive questline into the game and simutaniously dumbing down every other aspect that is known to MMOs is a good thing?

you didnt play guild wars did you?

Ignorance at its best. Every quest is voice acted and built into seamless and unique stories for each class archetype. That is 8 separate and unique storylines within the game. No mmo has achieved that in such detail or in better presentation. Dialogue actually has impacts. I hooked up with an NPC (Jaxo) and she emailed me back for a repeat performance.

And saying this is wow in space? Why? Because there is war zones? That's like saying wow was nothing but daoc with orcs - because like it or not, nothing new was introduced with WoW.

MMOs have certain staples that will be in every game made. Those thinking the genre is going to be "revolutionized" to the point that it's unrecognizable to any other mmo are disillusioned or don't understand the genre. Look at fps games for example. What changes? Graphics and weapon choices for the most part.

The difference in all games, is their ability to deliver a story, to immerse players in their game world, and offer content that keeps them involved in the late game. The last is the most difficult, and I think SWTOR did the first 2 better than any mmo has to date.

Edited by marcothy

Ignorance at its best. Every quest is voice acted and built into seamless and unique stories for each class archetype. That is 8 separate and unique storylines within the game. No mmo has achieved that in such detail or in better presentation. Dialogue actually has impacts. I hooked up with an NPC (Jaxo) and she emailed me back for a repeat performance.

And saying this is wow in space? Why? Because there is war zones? That's like saying wow was nothing but daoc with orcs - because like it or not, nothing new was introduced with WoW.

MMOs have certain staples that will be in every game made. Those thinking the genre is going to be "revolutionized" to the point that it's unrecognizable to any other mmo are disillusioned or don't understand the genre. Look at fps games for example. What changes? Graphics and weapon choices for the most part.

The difference in all games, is their ability to deliver a story, to immerse players in their game world, and offer content that keeps them involved in the late game. The last is the most difficult, and I think SWTOR did the first 2 better than any mmo has to date.

Honestly, I only have myself to blame for being unhappy. I knew it was going to be like KOTOR 1&2, but I thought it would feel like a MMO. This game does not. I care more about guilds and community than playing solo for a story.