freedom of different classes

MatthewGoldens

Hey everyone

I've been wondering about the amount of freedom the classes receive - freedom being the freedom to act and spend time as they please, for the most part. Obviously I'd think Bounty Hunters and smugglers get the most freedom because they're not answerable to anyone whereas for classes like the trooper it kinda doesn't make sense if you are just chilling in a cantina on the fleet if you've been given a mission.

It's bothering me because if you think about it a trooper or Jedi taking his own sweet time to go to wherever he was ordered, or maybe even stopping to do a war zone along the way is, non canon.

Thoughts?

Edited by MatthewGoldens

Ranking freedom in my opinion who has played all classes: Major spoilers for most classes, so be warned.

1) Smuggler, answers to no one he/she merely gets dragged into situations as a means for the developers to advance the class storyline.

2) Bounty Hunter, not quite as much freedom as the smuggler as you do occasionally take orders, but you're still pretty close to the smuggler in terms of freedom .

3) Sith Warrior

You become the Emperors Wrath eventually only answering to the Emperor himself, everyone else can go F themselves

4) Jedi Consular

You advance quickly through the ranks and eventually become one of the leaders of the Jedi Order (ie jedi council member)

5) Sith Inquisitor

A bit of a rough start, but by endgame you're on the Sith council , which only answer to themselves and the Emperor (by extension his Wrath)

6) Jedi Knight

Even when you become a master who defeats the Emperor's Voice you still don't make it on the Jedi Council and remain just another Jedi Master, which always bothered me. Perhaps one day :confused:.

7) Imperial Agent

Sure you can act outside of the rules that confine most imperials, at the end of the day you've always got someone above you: all Sith Lords outrank you.

8) Trooper takes orders from everyone the whole game and is pretty much a yes/no sir the whole story. Bottom of the totem pole.

Edited by Alzor

Interesting. But by the end of the imperial agent storyline you become free to act as you please, don't you? Sure the Sith outrank you but you have leverage over them.

True, but at the end of the day if you were to step out of line in the presence of a high profile sith lord they would put you down. Most of the other classes don't have that type of pressure.

Edited by Alzor

Pretty sure my agent took the black codex and went independent at the end of the story.

just a sham the post chapter 3 doesn't let you go all illusive man on the galaxy

And if a darth has a problem with it ill do to them what I did to Jadus.

Holy ****, yeah I'd totally love to go all Illusive Man on the galaxy, maybe create my own intelligence network of which I'm the head. Interestingly though I've been wondering, does the agent still "support" the Empire after you go rogue? And if you do, why would you? The Empire is full of ******es. Sure, you get a cool dude like Keeper or Darth Marr here and there but most people are despicable.

Interestingly though I've been wondering, does the agent still "support" the Empire after you go rogue? And if you do, why would you? The Empire is full of ******es. Sure, you get a cool dude like Keeper or Darth Marr here and there but most people are despicable.

In terms of actually doing anything after you finish your class story, you're pretty much railroaded into it. There really isn't any non class specific content that doesn't make an assumption of loyalty to your particular gameplay faction. One of the reasons my agent hasn't done squat since finishing the class story, really. It doesn't really fit in that well with the rest of the content.

I'm not sure I'd call Marr a cool dude, anyway. He basically tells you at the start of Makeb that if he didn't need you and the Empire's situation wasn't so dire, he'd have you killed.

Edited by Bleeters

In terms of actually doing anything after you finish your class story, you're pretty much railroaded into it. There really isn't any non class specific content that doesn't make an assumption of loyalty to your particular gameplay faction. One of the reasons my agent hasn't done squat since finishing the class story, really. It doesn't really fit in that well with the rest of the content.

I'm not sure I'd call Marr a cool dude, anyway. He basically tells you at the start of Makeb that if he didn't need you and the Empire's situation wasn't so dire, he'd have you killed.

he can try but he's trapped in a ray shield on a exposing dreadnought alls he's going to be thinking is dam after what happened to the last dark council member to screw with this guy I should have seen this comeing

:rak_03:

There's basically two types of "freedom":

Type 1: Freedom by having no allegiance, and no chain of command. You do your own thing and only happen to help your faction along the way. Smuggler seems to be this, BH seems to be this post Chapter 1.

Type 2: Freedom by being at the top of the food chain. Examples include the Sith classes, possibly the Knight.

As for the agent:

Depending on what you chose they're a mix of type 1 and 2. Type 1 in that they're no longer part of any hierarchy though loyalty on principle to the Empire seems to be assumed and Type 2 by being (potentially) one of the most powerful and influential people in the galaxy.

Now type 2 creates a different problem: if you're the top of the food chain why are you personally still running around being an errand boy? That breaks the logic a bit especially for the Inquisitor and the Agent. The Warrior gets a pass as his position seems to imply more hands-on work.

Otherwise yeah, a lot of the stories like the agent and inquisitor imply great things we'll probably never see because MMO. But they're fun to think about.

Edited by CrutchCricket
fix error

Pretty sure my agent took the black codex and went independent at the end of the story.

just a sham the post chapter 3 doesn't let you go all illusive man on the galaxy

And if a darth has a problem with it ill do to them what I did to Jadus.

In my case,

that's blackmail him out of everything he owns and send him into voluntary exile.

Also, I'm cool with Marr. I think at first he's sceptical as in the case of my agent I've shown that I'm as much a threat to him as an asset, and my methods differ from his.

However, at the age of the Makeb campaign, he does in fact state that he wishes to reform the Empire with me, which actually caught me off guard due to the fact that he said it as if I were an equal. Also, after one set back, I had to quickly state that I'm not done, and he said "Yes, I know, we wouldn't be speaking if you were." It actually made me think: Hey, he has faith in me.

Edited by Branosaros