Dread Masters Look Ridiculous

Cyron

Hello Bioware,

Let me start by saying I love your game and - before the silly looking new Tier 2 gear (seriously, the inquisitor looks like a sea monster) - I always thought you guys had great taste in the design of outfits and gear. Today, I realized that my level 50 sorceror had not yet finished the Dread Masters story arc on Belsavis. Since it's a pretty cool moment, I thought I'd record it with Fraps and hold onto it. I've since changed my mind.

The new post-1.2 masks for the Dread Masters look absolutely ridiculous. Really, what the heck are they? Rubber serial-killer masks? It looks like they were drawn to be part of each lord's face, because the lips move and the mask-eye-holes blink. Are they made of bizarre rubber, then? It just doesn't work. I cannot, for the life of me, take them seriously. Please please please, reconsider those. I imagine that the Dread Masters could make a great story update later in the game, and I would hate for players to finally fight their way to the Dread Masters... only to pass out from a fit of giggles.

(I apologize if this isn't appropriately filed under "General" but it didn't qualify as a heroic mission, nor would I classify it as "story and lore.")

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel the exact same way, i came through belsavis today on my assassin, and i loved the other look of the dreadmasters... when i saw the new look I was really dissappointed.. please change back!

A "Before and After" pic would be awesome, not done this quest since well the first time back in Jan.

Also

Dread Masters are indeed gonna be part of future story. Unconfirmed, but my guess is 1.3 of 1.4 Final Ops Boss. After you beat Warlord Kephess there is a cutscene regarding them. For more info youtube it

I saw a while ago a screenshot of the new masks and they do look ridiculous compared to before.

I agree there was nothing wrong with them, they were fine. This is one case where BW thought they needed to be more "unique" and totally ballsed it up.

Put them back to pre-1.2 please.

Think the reason they changed the masks is that according to datamining by Torhead et al the Dread Masters will be the focus of the story after the Rakghoul arc is over. So expect to see these guys a lot more in the future patches!