I got the synthweaving "blues"

Konta_Takuto

ok so I reached level 400 synthweaving normally this is a happy joyful experience to a crafter who maxed out but for me not so much.

I looked into the first national bank of Konta and realize I only got 50k credits or so....I hear all my guild mates during the pre release "slicing oh boy over 1 mil" blah blah (realize now I shoulda charged them for making some basic stuff for them :p ) so when I get to 50 which will be soon (47) how the heck am I supposed to drop a 330k bill for the last speeder training.

now I realize there are other ways to make money but heres where the sadness comes in. I am criting crazy on synthweaving when I RE I get new schematics get purple blue...so I make pretty good stuff put it in the market at recommended price...my stuff isnt selling on the marketplace so doing some research Im seeing that most level 50s are wearing the centurion pvp gear that they get from bags......

SO WHY BIOWARE! why make such a pointless skill that in the end has no real value! sure I can make Kira nice things but who cares about that...when I think of Konta the Legendary sewer of clothes, I expected to make Legendary robes that everyone is hitting me up to make. I expected these legendary robes to have godly stats and look so COOL compared to everything else (cause most of this crap in synthweaving looks terrible yet PVP armor looks by far the coolest)

So the short story there is not enough demand for synthweavers and is an all in all broken crew skill seeing as how the final items are not desired enough by the public to generate any revenue leaving me profitless and more likely in debt from collecting the materials....my question though does bioware plan to do any type of "buff" to synthweaving to make it more of a demand? has anyone else experienced this issue?

and lastly if Konta were to sell his sewing machine and move on to a new career what would you recommend that is both profitable by the public and usable for himself?

I am thinking Artifice/archaeology/treasure hunting

Or perhaps Konta missed a Martha Stewart episode and is sewing clothes wrong? and is missing something?

PS im so glad you slicers got nerfed bragging with your money and buying your license right at 25. :p

Edited by Konta_Takuto

do daily quests, there are a few on ilum, space missions & belsavis. you will generate around 60-100k credits per day doing those.

The demand for items is non existant due to the fact that all armor/mods/enhancements can be obtained easily through commendations. So the only real use for crafting your own items is allowing you to use them or give them to low level alts or guildies.

there is a demand for certain items and a high demand for some types of resources. Check your server and find out whats missing.

If you want to make money with crew skills, like most MMO's all the money is in crafting areas that either have items that are in demand because they cant be obtained other ways, or consumables. Basically cybertech, Artifice , & biochem.

Its possible with rare recipes that other skills will be viable long term, but basically armormech,armstech & synthweaving are for outfiting lower level players & alts or for personal use as you level.

Hmm the only advice i could give is craft for lower level players. Try and get lots of purple schematics around the level 30 range, these players dont have access to PVP armor till level 40.

Im also synthweaver and am finding it costly but i sold a level 23 purple rober for 15k yesterday :) Ok its not huge money but its something

Hmm the only advice i could give is craft for lower level players. Try and get lots of purple schematics around the level 30 range, these players dont have access to PVP armor till level 40.

Im also synthweaver and am finding it costly but i sold a level 23 purple rober for 15k yesterday :) Ok its not huge money but its something

exactly, ive sold some stuff but it is just not great enough to buy skills or repair armor (sitting with broken armor and 200 creds as we speak) not to mention I was hoping to craft stuff for myself which I did and came very handy levels 20-40 but now my stuff is like going to a thrift store compared to PVPennys (lol)

I don't even wair the armor I can craft (sythweaving 400) and just use the pvp armor myself. Something is very wrong with the current system. :-/

exactly im not gunna wear my armor because sure I can make purple stuff or orange and mod it but its not gunna change the fact pvp armor is better and even looks better.

same goes for armormech they are just as screwed in the end

Crafting is intended to be optional.

In practice, this means that crafting is unnecessary (as otherwise it isn't optional) and thereby useless. If it does manage to become useful through some oversight or mistake, it will be altered until it becomes optional once again.

Welcome to SW:TOR. Do enjoy your stay.

How-To Make Credits: Go triple gathering. Don't run crew missions. Harvest all the nodes and 'strong beasts/droids. ((Slicing or Archeaology.) Scavenging. Bioanalysis.) Sell to the crafters who haven't yet come to the realization that they are wasting their time and credits investing in an intentionally inferior aspect of the game.

Alternatively, roll Biochem for the purple reusable consumables until they inevitably nerf those.

Edited by Sun-Runner

I found synthweaving useful like you said up until 40, but afterward the access to armor from badges and pvp is high and it looks better and has better stats. I had hoped that weapon/armor crafting would be done right in the game and allow the crafters access to items with higher stats for the level than drops would allow. This would mean crafters could sell even their greens to levelers.

In reality I have used only a few patterns (some were decent) while leveling and most have been below badge or quest gear (not to mention FP gear). I will probably drop synth soon and either grab 3 gathering skills to make money, or some mission and gathering. There just doesn't seem to be anything worth making with the armor/weapon crafting and it is a huge money sink.

I already posted this in another thread but :

As a 400/400/400 Synthweaver, I must admit I feel pretty much useless.

It was ok during the levelling phase (10-30) because the chance of getting an improved pattern through RE was quite high and I could make some gear that I would keep 3 to 4 levels.

At 50 however, the situation is really bad. The investments needed in term of time and money to be able to obtain a specific Tier 2 artifact schematics is really huge. REing is random, getting a mastercraft is random and obtaining epic crafting material trough illegal trading is also random.

This is actually not bad because only the truly dedicated crafters will be able to craft most of the epic armors.

The issue is that the quality of the lvl 49/50 crafted items are not up to par with pvp and pve gear and basically no one at max level will buy the mastercraft epic Tier 2 armor I spent so much time and money to make.

Worst, the fully modded stuff obtained through quest rewards that I am wearing at level 48 is actually better than the epic armors I can craft (apart from PVE gear).

The main issue here is time and money vs reward.

In summary, I feel that all the schematics I can make are mostly useless and that, as a synthweaver, I will only be there as a mule to craft the PVE raid gear.

Fixing this is not hard :

Given the time and money needed to obtain high level blue and purple schematics and craft the armors, the reward should be great :

- The blue armor should be better than the commendation/quest rewards gear. It should be the raid entry gear.

- The purple armor should be slightly below PVE raid and PVP gear but still desirable for people who wants specific stats on their gear (like for instance tanking gear with all 3 tanking secondary stats)

- The mastercraft Tier 2 purple gear should be equivalent to PVE raid gear and PVP gear. If bioware is afraid that this gear will flood the market, then make it that critted gear is only available for the crafter.

It was ok during the levelling phase (10-30) because the chance of getting an improved pattern through RE was quite high and I could make some gear that I would keep 3 to 4 levels.

At 50 however, the situation is really bad. The investments needed in term of time and money to be able to obtain a specific Tier 2 artifact schematics is really huge. REing is random, getting a mastercraft is random and obtaining epic crafting material trough illegal trading is also random.

This is actually not bad because only the truly dedicated crafters will be able to craft most of the epic armors.

The issue is that the quality of the lvl 49/50 crafted items are not up to par with pvp and pve gear and basically no one at max level will buy the mastercraft epic Tier 2 armor I spent so much time and money to make.

Worst, the fully modded stuff obtained through quest rewards that I am wearing at level 48 is actually better than the epic armors I can craft (apart from PVE gear).

In summary, I feel that all the schematics I can make are mostly useless and that, as a synthweaver, I will only be there as a mule to craft the PVE raid gear.

Given the time and money needed to obtain high level blue and purple schematics and craft the armors, the reward should be great :

- The blue armor should be better than the commendation/quest rewards gear. It should be the raid entry gear.

- The purple armor should be slightly below PVE raid and PVP gear but still desirable for people who wants specific stats on their gear (like for instance tanking gear with all 3 tanking secondary stats)

- The mastercraft Tier 2 purple gear should be equivalent to PVE raid gear and PVP gear. If bioware is afraid that this gear will flood the market, then make it that critted gear is only available for the crafter.

well Im just glad im not the only one experiencing this I thought I was crafting wrong or missing a set of schematic or god knows....BIOWARE PLEASE BUFF CRAFTING!

Also is it just me or is there no sets of armour available at level 50? There's the purple rakata.. boots and belts or whatever they are, but the highest full sets are level 49.

Armour crafting really needs more complete sets, it's one of the only bonuses it has, not having to wear mix'n matched gear.. It'd also help if crafted stuff had it's own unique looks, but sadly it all looks just the same as the pve drops/commendation rewards..

Not only that but the 3 level 49 heavy armour suits, for example, are all 100% identical looking, so there's no options there either.

Basically all of us that went synthweaving are bankrupt morons, which will all end up looking identical to one another.. Unless they make the skill not suck, which I doubt.

Am I the only one wondering why Synthweaving isn't making the armor mods aimed at force users? You can make the armor, why not the mods?

Also, Synthweaving needs to give us the ability to have the elusive full mod critted armor pieces in many different cosmetic styles. That is, the gear has armor, mod, enhancement and augment slots.

Being only level 21, this is rather worrying to read.

I had hoped that at level 50 I could make raid entry level gear, and then with certain hard-to-aquire schematics I would be able to craft some raid level gear, with a chance of it having an extra slot.

Are my hopes far off the current state?

Also buffing crafting would not make it a "necessary" thing, as you could aquire equal gear without it. It would simply be a different way of reaching the same goal, with extra money gain at the end for the people who spent time and probably most of their money on it.

Am I the only one wondering why Synthweaving isn't making the armor mods aimed at force users? You can make the armor, why not the mods?

I've been wondering the same thing, and I post about her and there since there is no organization/search on this forum. Armortech can't make armor mods either, another aspect of crafting that proves the crafting system was designed by monkeys high on crack.

I am in the same boat, and i fully agree with you..

We can only hope this will get looked over. >(

Sadly, crafting overall will the be LAST thing BioWare addresses. It's low priority to them. I feel your pain as another player with L400 Synthweaving. It's overall, worthless & a huge, huge money sink. Deeply disappointed.

I agree with the OP. I'm 200 in synthweaving(level 25) spending all this money to level it up and get new recipes when no one is interested in buying any of it hardly. The devs really either need to nerf drops or gear from various rewards or they need to give us some recipes that people actually WANT to wear. And not after we've spent all our credits making things to reverse engineer them into a pattern that we then have to spent all the credits we no longer have trying to obtain rare materials.

I've seen systems where player made gear is in high demand. FFXI, Vanguard, SWG, etc. The devs took way too much of a page from WoW in this aspect. Either make the crew skills viable or get rid of them. Right now the only reason for my synthweaving is to make myself gear. And even then drop rates are such that I'll get even better items from random drops or quest rewards.

To be honest, and this is my opinion, crafting in this game is just a side game. If you have lootable armor/weapons etc or armor/weapons etc available from vendors like this and the same goes for other games, old school crafting professions always end up second rate.

From what I gather they want to cater for the "heroic" set of players who like to pvp and raid as they see going to a third party to buy equipment as a hindrance. Armortech, Synthweaver and Armstech even to some extent Artificer are not viable professions once you hit lvl 50 - at least in my experience. Main reasons are there is no item decay ( by that I mean your items eventual decay away even after repairs- will not work in this game), this is a loot based game so realistically crafted armor/weapons etc have to take a backseat to the loot. Getting raid/pvp equivalent armor from a crafter would defeat the purpose of raiding/pvp'ing regardless of how hard it is to make said armor.

Sadly unless they revamp the basic structure of the game i.e. you focus the game around the crafter's rather then looting weapons, armor, hilts, mods etc from raiding, or via buying through vendors this will not change.

It was obvious early on this would end up happening so really not a surprise to me just need to grin and bear it. Unless someone figures out how to make crafted armor, weapons etc worth while without turning the professions in to glorified modders or cheapening raid and pvp gear it will stay like this :rolleyes: .

No it should be better. If its the same why would people buy it when they can get it via PVP or PVE raids?

On a side note i made about 60 level 49 green bracers, RE'd them all, got no blue schematics.

If i ever get my dream suit of full purple level 49 (cause there is no level 50 sets, ***) synthweaving armour with an open slot, i believe the graphics for it should be changed so it looks like it's made of solid gold, because that's basically how expensive it'll be to get.

For example, i could only finally afford rank 2 speeder training at level 49.

Edited by Veiran

On a side note i made about 60 level 49 green bracers, RE'd them all, got no blue schematics.

If i ever get my dream suit of full purple level 49 (cause there is no level 50 sets, ***) synthweaving armour with an open slot, i believe the graphics for it should be changed so it looks like it's made of solid gold, because that's basically how expensive it'll be to get.

lol ;) totally agree