So what do we get in return for all the hard work on Guild Ships?

OrionSol

Just curious...

What do we get in return for all the hard work on Guild Ships?

I mean, we have to dump 50m credits to open it, to be able to run dailies... ok got it. It is kind of like and expansion in that way.

So, can someone please enumerate the benefits we get for our players/guild for such a huge investment?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost is a challenge to work towards with your guild, which was severely lacking in this game. That, too me, is more important than the ship itself. This is an MMO and finally the community aspect is being pulled together.

Well, once you unlock your guild ship you could join in the fight for the bragging rights of being able to say you own your own entire planet within the star wars universe! :D

And when Super Guilds form and puts a stranglehold on the whole system, how long will interest last?

And when Super Guilds form and puts a stranglehold on the whole system, how long will interest last?

That'd have to be a consortium of guilds. Like a minimum of 30, maximum of 150(depending on how many planets they make available on a given week), each with enough people to compete out every guild who isn't part of the consortium out of the top 10.

Edited by Vandicus

So, yay. A handful of Megaguilds can hold all of the important planets. Maybe they can even coordinate with each other on which mega guild takes which planet every week, ensuring easy success. :rolleyes:

Sorry smaller guilds. Only personal Conquest for you.

Edited by TheBBP

So, yay. A handful of Megaguilds can hold all of the important planets. Maybe they can even coordinate with each other on which mega guild takes which planet every week, ensuring easy success. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that this may be the reality.

I would 'suggest' that placing on the leaderboard comes with a 2 week CD, allowing smaller guilds a chance to place as well.

I wouldn't call 150 a handful. Even the minimum of 30 for when there's only 3 planets to conquer.

I doubt we will see guilds coordinating to strangle the system. I could maybe see guilds agreeing to go after different planets, but there is no way for guilds even guilds working together to "block" other guilds, due to the fact that the system is point based and the points are drawn from dozens of different sources.

That is not coordination to you? If a handful of the largest guilds on the server decided to, they could squeeze everyone else out.

My guild is a raiding guild so we have 70 mill in the bank and enough members that it would take a guild of 600-800 people to squeeze us out so this is not our worry.

I doubt we will see guilds coordinating to strangle the system.

They coordinate for PvP in win swapping, what's to stop them from doing the same with this? If there is a way to gain an advantage and exploit something people are going to find it, use it, and everyone else be damned.

My guild is a raiding guild so we have 70 mill in the bank and enough members that it would take a guild of 600-800 people to squeeze us out so this is not our worry.

You are making my point for me perfectly. The entire design for conquests revolves around large guilds controlling everything.

They coordinate for PvP in win swapping, what's to stop them from doing the same with this? If there is a way to gain an advantage and exploit something people are going to find it, use it, and everyone else be damned.

Indeed.

You are making my point for me perfectly. The entire design for conquests revolves around large guilds controlling everything.

Indeed.

I fail to see the problem.

Is there a problem with Walmart having a larger share of the market than the "mom and pop" corner store down the street?

You can only invade one planet a week, so no matter how big the guild is they can only do one planet.

You seem to be under the impression that guilds have... just one guild...

There is one guild I know of that has 5... because there just isn't room in 1 for everyone... stupid 500 person limit including alts...

Only 1 guild can rule a planet which gives them a special mount but the top 10 guilds per planet get the other rewards. No one is going to be squeezed out.

I fail to see the problem.

Is there a problem with Walmart having a larger share of the market than the "mom and pop" corner store down the street?

Yes, there very well is a problem with Walmart, but that is another topic that has nothing to do with a game. It is apples and oranges.

You get a Guild Ship! Ta da!

Wich is - to be honest - more than you could ever get as a guild in WoW or Lotro (ok, they had guild houses... but looking at the videos... and adding conquest... NICE!) or many other mmos out there.

It's really a pretty cool and big addition to the game. And just because lots of people fear total failure and lockout and non-instant-rewards and stuff you need to progress to... doesn't make it bad, actually it makes the ships even more awesome.

I really hope that the "lotro-style" trophies for random stuff in the gameworld but also for the BIG FIGHTS will come to live. You know... like unique event trophies that a guild can place in their ship for visitors to see...

And just because lots of people fear total failure and lockout and non-instant-rewards and stuff you need to progress to ...

That's what kills me. What is it with 'Chicken Little' and the 'Sky is Falling' with gamers?

EDIT: I mean sure, it might not work out but at least wait to see it on live BEFORE you spell out doom and gloom and the death of small guilds along with all the kittens.

Edited by thewitchdoctor

I beat you, my interest is gone. Smaller guilds just lost. ill save the few credits we were able to pull together and put it towards a guild stronghold.

I am very disappointed, had hoped it would be fair across the board, small guilds wont stand a chance when the super guilds hit. It will be the same 10 guilds in the top ten ALL THE TIME.

Oh and for those who say "gee that is a defeatist attitude", or "your guild sux" etc, just keep it to your self dont need your elitist attitude or you running your mouth, you wanted the price so high that only the "BEST" guilds can compete. well enjoy your ever shrinking small pod.

When will Bioware invest in a guild recruitment system? so smaller guilds can start to grow and not be shut out?

I guess never

unfortunately you are most likely closer to what will happen than you may think.