EMERGENCY ALERT: Rakghoul Plague Outbreak on Alderaan – AVOID ALDERAAN!

TaitWatson

Well if the plague is that bad shouldn't the guards on the fleet kill the peons with the disease when they come stand around the GTN and mail boxes trying to spread it?

Or better yet give everyone an insta kill ability to kill anyone wishing to spread the disease and give them rep with the faction for doing so. Then the griever that posted above could be grieved in return

I would agree to that, if it was a yellow roving level 1 NPC and if the plague couldn't be cured or prevented with a vaccine or relic. Yellow so anyone CAN attack it if they want to. Level 1 so that it is possible for even lowbies to kill in one shot if they have the plague and get the drop on it. Roving so that people CAN avoid it if they choose too, without making it too easy to avoid/kill. And removing the ways to cure it, so that you QQers can quit greifing the people that are just trying to complete the darn daily quest people have to be allowed to complete the daily quest.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm do the rep vendor stay like they do in the gree event and bounty contract week when the event is over i wonder

Honestly I hope that they make this event a roving event where it will be on different planets every time it comes back. So for that reason I hope that they will remove the vendors on Alderaan, however I am sure that the vendors on Nar Shaddaa will remain in the GSI shop because they where there before the event started.

You know i was on Tat about a month back and noticed an indentation just north of the sarlacc pit. When I drove by it the codex for "The Spike" popped up.

Now this is PURE SPECULATION on my part, but what if all the pvp planents are at risk? AND perhaps this ties into GSF somehow? Maybe PVE missions to track down an infected ship? All of this for the summer?

(I have way too much free time on my lunchhour...)

Pure Speculation? I love this idea, how about some more. Now that the first Big Baddies

The Dread Masters

are killable, what if this is the start of a new Big Baddy?

I'm really getting fed up with this. You know, I get, I really do, you're providing content to high level Characters. That's great. But for the love of god stop infected being able to board the Imerial/Repulic fleet. I'm sick of having my low level characters become infected because someone explodes next to me and 2K for the vaccine is a lot of money when you're level 12 and trying to gear up.

I'm really getting fed up with this. You know, I get, I really do, you're providing content to high level Characters. That's great. But for the love of god stop infected being able to board the Imerial/Repulic fleet. I'm sick of having my low level characters become infected because someone explodes next to me and 2K for the vaccine is a lot of money when you're level 12 and trying to gear up.

Just send yourself one of the Newcomer relics and you're good. The 5k relic is much more cost effective than the 2k (does not persist through death) vaccines.

I feel the same way, it's craptastic,

they need to keep the infected on whatever planet they are running the event and let them infect others to their little pee picking hearts content, If i wanted to be involved in this event i'd go to alderan and do it, but no thank you.

Or round up your guildies and friends and infect away.

The announcement on the fleet say to kill them on sight. Ok give my level 12 an ability that insta kills them problem solved

I feel the same way, it's craptastic,

they need to keep the infected on whatever planet they are running the event and let them infect others to their little pee picking hearts content, If i wanted to be involved in this event i'd go to alderan and do it, but no thank you.

Or round up your guildies and friends and infect away.

The announcement on the fleet say to kill them on sight. Ok give my level 12 an ability that insta kills them problem solved

Or at least for the RP-PVE servers, make it so that getting infected automatically activates your PVP flag permanently until you're killed. We'll see how many infected come onboard the fleet when they've got hundreds of blasters and lightsabers waiting for them.

Or at least for the RP-PVE servers, make it so that getting infected automatically activates your PVP flag permanently until you're killed. We'll see how many infected come onboard the fleet when they've got hundreds of blasters and lightsabers waiting for them.

Ooooh. I like this.

And they could have all (every NPC in the game including companions) the NPC's go hostile towards them when the infection reached staged two

You know i was on Tat about a month back and noticed an indentation just north of the sarlacc pit. When I drove by it the codex for "The Spike" popped up.

Now this is PURE SPECULATION on my part, but what if all the pvp planents are at risk? AND perhaps this ties into GSF somehow? Maybe PVE missions to track down an infected ship? All of this for the summer?

(I have way too much free time on my lunchhour...)

Dulfy has a guide that refers to another guide at Jedipedia, which indeed lists other planets ...

I just had a terrible thought:

What if the plague cannot be contained. What if it spreads further and further. Now it is only on Alderaan. But I heard that some people on the fleet already showed symptoms.

What if someone is infected and unknowingly brings it to another planet, for example Corellia. Or Tatooine.

We lost already so many soldiers in the Alderaanian tunnels... but the rakghouls keep getting more and more.

What if the whole galaxy will be infected eventually. All our heroes will die. The planets will be empty. All infrastructure will be shut down. The Old Republic will be no longer.

[it would be quite clever, if BW would use this event to shut down this game for good when the day has come that EA makes the decision. Would be cool to go down that way, I think. If you get the plague, your char will die for good. New characters cannot be started anymore (since the end of the game has been announced). Eventually, every player will die from the plague. Somehow, that seems like an epic way to end a game. Until then, we keep on fighting.]

Later a new game comes out, players must secure a planet (you keep some items and your character's legacy)

It would be cool if upon entering the fleet if you are infected the guards will try to give you a vaccine however if you move or try to attack them before it is completed you are marked with a quarentine symbol and guards and players are alerted to your presence. If you are not quarentined in 20 seconds a safe zone is secured in the bazaar and a danger alarm sounds. A group of jedi npcs is sent to kill no longer quarentine. If all else fails you are shot with a blaster set to stun then killed. You then get an achievement or badge 'terrible security' if you killed 5 guards Edited by Starprotectorz

1 day too late, everyone died because there was no information given on this breakout. :p

Seriously though, what is up with this site never releasing info on events when the events start / right before they start? At least they are consistent with being late like the first Rakghoul event where one also had to find out themselves that this event was occurring. :rolleyes:

Hum, it was made clear on the site that something would happen on alderaan at least a week before the event started. It was also clear in december that rackghoul event would be back in january or february.

Agreed :) It made no sense to me that you would get a reward from THORN for infecting people, unless it turns out that THORN is less about containing the plague than about spreading it....I'm guessing Mr Hyland's infected children are behind all this, especially since we've only seen Holograms of Hyland, even on the news broadcasts...

Doctor Lorick, you just weren't thinking big enough.... :cool:

Edited by Ancaglon

Agreed :) It made no sense to me that you would get a reward from THORN for infecting people, unless it turns out that THORN is less about containing the plague than about spreading it....I'm guessing Mr Hyland's infected children are behind all this, especially since we've only seen Holograms of Hyland, even on the news broadcasts...

I believe the quest text stated they need more test subjects or something like that. So it kinda makes sense, though it's unethical.

Answer: I've heard it's only going until the 28th. Which is disappointing. But it also makes sense from an anti-short reputation grind perspective.
Well. Given that any character from 20 to 55 can get most of the missions done every day, including the Story Mode Operation, it doesn't work particularly well for that purpose.

Over 13 characters, of whom 6 are in the range 20-40, I have enough reputation items saved up to hit Legend. Not enough Cannisters on any one character to get the Dewback mount, but enough, had I wanted to, to buy the Veractyl, and plenty of Legacy weapons, mostly Lightsaber hilts, in a couple of weeks' time.

Oh, and some people already had the "Cure for the Plague" title on Friday -- I was about 2/3 of the way through for the kills last night, so they must have really been grinding.

(Incidentally, while you can pick up the missions at 20, killing that initial level 25 mob was, hilariously, far harder than killing the level 20 strong or elite mobs that they triggered, because at level 20 most of my lowbie Sentinel's attacks missed... it got a lot better at 21, but till then it's a darn good thing Treek is a ridiculously good healer).

Edited by Ancaglon

What if the plague cannot be contained. What if it spreads further and further. Now it is only on Alderaan. But I heard that some people on the fleet already showed symptoms.

What if someone is infected and unknowingly brings it to another planet, for example Corellia. Or Tatooine.

We lost already so many soldiers in the Alderaanian tunnels... but the rakghouls keep getting more and more.

What if the whole galaxy will be infected eventually. All our heroes will die. The planets will be empty. All infrastructure will be shut down. The Old Republic will be no longer.

[it would be quite clever, if BW would use this event to shut down this game for good when the day has come that EA makes the decision. Would be cool to go down that way, I think. If you get the plague, your char will die for good. New characters cannot be started anymore (since the end of the game has been announced). Eventually, every player will die from the plague. Somehow, that seems like an epic way to end a game. Until then, we keep on fighting.]

Holy ****. Years down the line, this would be totally the most ****** way to go down.

(Although considering how much peopel QQ about an easily curable virus that kills you and lets your respawn with no repair bills, I wonder how these QQers will put up with the Plague causing permadeath and having no cure.

Just posting my two cent per-normal:

PROS:

*This event is managed much the same way as the Gree, which to me seems to be the correct way to run a world event. I really had a good time, & I feel like the Raid at the end will keep people coming back.

*THE RAID was pretty cool, although, I'm not sure I get why the adds are there as soon as you walk in the door. One thing I would like to see though is a circle put around slam for lower skilled players.

*The Jawa vendor has some really nice items to earn -- kudos. Seeing the infected skins back is nice as well.

CONS:

*The overall gear is kinda ugly...not a deal breaker....but it's a thing.

*I cleared the HM & SM Raid Boss....why did NO GEAR drop? It was bad enough in the Gree event where only a couple pieces drop....there should be at least 5 pieces of gear for a 16man team.

OVERALL: A this is a really solid event & I'll be excited to see it come back!

Edited by Lecto

• 6 months later...

^ Did this just totally happen? O__O :rak_02:

Although, not sure if this outbreak will become too big to contain, the Star Wars universe progressed well after this point in time. :)

Or so we think.