Rakghoul

JaHakk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol go ahead but you will not infect me with the virus. (smiles)

I logged into one of my lowbies last night and this guy runs over to explode on me. I was standing right next to a medical droid. sorry to say he didn't get credit from that character :p

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I personally don't enjoy the event and do not participate in it. At all. I don't infect others; nor do I get infected. 2k for the vaccine is chump change. I started playing on a new server this week and was able to get each of my (so far) 4 characters the vaccine first thing when they finished their starter worlds. The only players for whom I have any sympathy are those who are truly new to the game and (a) have no clue about the event, how to avoid getting infected, or the vaccine, and (b) tend to waste their credits on shiny stuff they don't need.

I haven't had to use any vaccine yet because I know better than to loiter in heavily populated areas. For example, while leveling up a new Cybertech (and, thus needing access to the Crew Skill Trainer), I stayed on Fleet, but in a secluded out of the way spot as I crafted and reverse-engineered stuff. The few times I needed to visit my vault, I was careful and aware of my surroundings. A couple of times, I barely escaped the area of effect when someone 'xploded. It's kinda like a mini-game: Avoid Infection on Fleet.

The rules to survive George A. Romero week on Fleet are simple: Be aware; don't stand near other people; keep a vaccine in your inventory. In keeping with such romantic sentiments as "No glove, no love," I subscribe to "No potion, no motion."

Edited by Thoronmir

I know a bunch of people using the virus on the spam bots on fleet who spam their goldsite crap, literally one guy begged me to infect him just so he could infect that spammer with it ( don't know why he didn't just tell me where the spammer was so I could directly infect him and save the other guy 20 minutes but fine)

LOL if you're on fleet and get infected ... throw yourself off the balcony and respawn ... no repair bill and infection gone. Just move away from anyone infected ... rinse and repeat as necessary.

That's actually the best advice I've heard this week. Thanks! My level 10 appreciates it.

I know a bunch of people using the virus on the spam bots on fleet who spam their goldsite crap, literally one guy begged me to infect him just so he could infect that spammer with it ( don't know why he didn't just tell me where the spammer was so I could directly infect him and save the other guy 20 minutes but fine)

I'm not sure how bothered bots are by dying... I mean, they are generally characters that'll get deleted anyway once enough people have reported them and tossed them on ignore. :p

But I can see the entertainment value in blowing them up.

Yes but if you were sick IRL you wouldn't go barf on people for fun. So why would you do so here? Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Ah but irl we don't have a mission to blow up on people that we receive prizes for. We're just after the prizes, honest. :rak_01:

I'm not sure how bothered bots are by dying... I mean, they are generally characters that'll get deleted anyway once enough people have reported them and tossed them on ignore. :p

But I can see the entertainment value in blowing them up.

It's not the repair bill, it's shutting them up. You're definitely impacting their business, regardless of who ignores them or reports them before they're banned.

I usually try to have empathy for those that do not enjoy certain aspects of the game. I am having difficulty with this one though.

I think I understand some of the issues, but considering the ways the annoyances can be defeated.....vaccine, elevator death, etc....it seems to me that, though perhaps annoying to some I feel it is mostly harmless fun.

I equate it to someone getting angry when the ball or snowball is thrown at them, or the dance ball is used...sure, it can be annoying, but it's really harmless IMO.