Sort by... Alphabetically

Aravail

As it currently stands, you can sort your cargo bays or inventory by Quantity, Quality, Value, or simply Compact. None of these options, however, will sort it so that stacks of the same item (e.g. crafting materials) are next to each other, making it often difficult to find a specific item. The closest you can do is sort by "Value," but even then all crafting materials of the same tier get jumbled up. I'd really like to see a "Sort by Alphabetically" option which would simply sort everything in the bay by, well, alphabetically. That would automatically put all items with the same name next to each other and would make it super easy to find that one crafting material or item you've been looking for. Would be a huge help to those of us with lots of stuff in our cargo bays, and doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to add.

Great idea. Also if you right click on an item and lock it in place so that it is not affected by sorting. I like to put all my stims, xp boosts, etc. in the bottom row so I don't use sort because then I just have to move them back... lazy I know.

• 3 weeks later...

good idea.

and if there was also a option for sort by name and level then its also good for other items that have level requires to sort then automatic by name and level in you cargo bay's and inventory.

and a option from sort by quantity and name is good for the craft materials.

Edited by Spikanor

• 1 month later...

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes! And Please, Please, Please, Please!

I spend an inordinate amount of time keeping my cargo bays sorted alphabetically for GTN posting. Keeping track of 50-80 belts, helms, mats, etc. is a huge pain that an alpha sort would make it MUCH easier.

This enhancement would be right up there with the right-click to search in GTN feature (which still makes me smile every time i don't have to manually type an item to check pricing).

Great idea! Bioware, Please take note of this request. There are lots of other good ideas in this thread, but the core topic appears to be 'low hanging fruit" with a huge ease-of-use impact for some of your most loyal and profitable subscribers.

I wish i could start a chant "ALPHA SORT, ALPHA SORT, ALPHA SORT..."

ALPHA SORT, ALPHA SORT, ALPHA SORT...

and SORT BY TYPE with alpha being the default secondary sort order. As a database and user interface developer I know that this is an extremely easy thing to implement, especially since they already have the sort system in place. Change by "Quantity" to by "Type." Devs, seriously, this is an easy fix that will improve player "quality of life" tremendously.

Edited by Megnin