Jedi Knight vs Revan

mefit

It appears the Jedi Knight is able to do what Revan could not .

Does this mean hes more then Revan ?

It appears so .

Scourage in most conversations is drooling all over the Jedi Knight !

I have to say playing throught the Sith Warrior storyline and the Jedi Knight storyline that I liked the SithWarrior's better . Although the Jedi Knight fight with the Emperor was EPIC and not to mention the Emperor voice was alot like PinHead's from Hell Raiser .

Darth Bara's scenes themselves were most entertaining from the SithWarrior Story without a doubt but the Emperor scenes were somewhat better !

I'm afraid the game does indicate that the JK is more powerful then Revan. We could argue several sad points for why the JK beating Vitiate and Revan losing (sort of) to Vitiate doesn't indicate that the JK is better, but we'd be wrong. Hate to say it, but JK > Revan.

EDIT: I'm sure, however, that Revan could still teach the JK a few tricks. When I said JK > Revan, I was only saying that the JK would win in a one-on-one fight.

Edited by MasterMe

I'm afraid the game does indicate that the JK is more powerful then Revan. We could argue several sad points for why the JK beating Vitiate and Revan losing (sort of) to Vitiate doesn't indicate that the JK is better, but we'd be wrong. Hate to say it, but JK > Revan.

EDIT: I'm sure, however, that Revan could still teach the JK a few tricks. When I said JK > Revan, I was only saying that the JK would win in a one-on-one fight.

not really because in the book it says that it could of gone either way

Smh sorry but Revan fought Vitiate at full strength in his true body while the JK jst fought the voice which only carries a fraction of the Emperor's true power. Right now Revan Reborn < JK but that could change.

I have to say playing throught the Sith Warrior storyline and the Jedi Knight storyline that I liked the SithWarrior's better . Although the Jedi Knight fight with the Emperor was EPIC and not to mention the Emperor voice was alot like PinHead's from Hell Raiser .

That would be because The Emperor was voice by Doug Bradley, the man who portrayed Pinhead. :p

It was said. Revan actually fought Vitiate, whereas the JK only fought the Voice. Even the Sith Warrior fought and killed the Voice, yet the SW alone couldn't face a weakened Revan. In fact, Revan wasn't even at the top of his game when he fought Vitiate either. Revan at peak condition would slaughter the JK.

It was said. Revan actually fought Vitiate, whereas the JK only fought the Voice. Even the Sith Warrior fought and killed the Voice, yet the SW alone couldn't face a weakened Revan. In fact, Revan wasn't even at the top of his game when he fought Vitiate either. Revan at peak condition would slaughter the JK.

Do you mind explaining the voice to me? I thought that the Emperor's voice was just a vessel that his soul had taken over... or something.

This:

Revan fought Vitiate at full strength in his true body, while the JK just fought the voice, which only carries a fraction of the Emperor's true power.

and this...

Revan actually fought Vitiate, whereas the JK only fought the Voice. Even the Sith Warrior fought and killed the Voice, yet the SW alone couldn't face a weakened Revan.
Edited by YeIIow

Do you mind explaining the voice to me? I thought that the Emperor's voice was just a vessel that his soul had taken over... or something.

The Voice is a vessel that his soul has taken over via essence transfer and holds a fraction of his true power. The Emperor began to hide his true body and use a Voice to carry out his orders as a responce to Revan and his strike team's near success of defeating his real body. How strong a Voice is im not sure but they were beaten by both the SW and the JK. You can see if the Voice was = to the Emperor himself then the SW would never follow him as his wrath since then he would be stronger than the Emperor. So its safe to say the Voice only holds a fraction of the Emperor's true power.

That would be because The Emperor was voice by Doug Bradley, the man who portrayed Pinhead. :p

I learned that shortly after the post , it made me like Vitiate 100x more because of it .

By far my Favorite Movie Monster , well.....................atleast Hellraiser 1-4 .

If you closed your eyes and just listened to the scene it could have very well been writen for HellRaiser and you would not know too much a difference .

PinHead and the Emperor are kinda the same as well.

Scourage describes Vitiate as a DarkVoid , Pinhead said that about himself in Hellraiser2.

PinHead typically uses his powers and no the weapons he carries around on his person .

True , but the Voice is no Joke either . Whne the SithWarrior killed a Voice , the Emperor put all the guards down . That is when the other enity tried to take over .

So the Sith Warrior did not even really kill the voice and either or the Emperor was not fighting back.

At the End of the fight Scourage gets on you for allowing the Emperor more time to gain back more strength .

So the Voice was great enough to give worry to Scourage .

Plus , Scourage was not willing to go full in with Revan and Meetra , where he is with the JK . That says alot there .

The Voice is a vessel that his soul has taken over via essence transfer and holds a fraction of his true power. The Emperor began to hide his true body and use a Voice to carry out his orders as a responce to Revan and his strike team's near success of defeating his real body. How strong a Voice is im not sure but they were beaten by both the SW and the JK. You can see if the Voice was = to the Emperor himself then the SW would never follow him as his wrath since then he would be stronger than the Emperor. So its safe to say the Voice only holds a fraction of the Emperor's true power.

I see. Thanks for the info. :D

I learned that shortly after the post , it made me like Vitiate 100x more because of it .

By far my Favorite Movie Monster , well.....................atleast Hellraiser 1-4 .

If you closed your eyes and just listened to the scene it could have very well been writen for HellRaiser and you would not know too much a difference .

PinHead and the Emperor are kinda the same as well.

Scourage describes Vitiate as a DarkVoid , Pinhead said that about himself in Hellraiser2.

PinHead typically uses his powers and no the weapons he carries around on his person .

Yeah, the moment the emperor first appeared on the jk story line i had a little hellraiser nerdout. During the final bit I half expected him to be like "Pain...? How dare you use that word.... *force choke*" xD

What kind of gear is Revan in and what advanced class, spec and gear is the Jedi Knight in?

Revan is in full "I DO NOT CARE" Armor

Speced "Why does it matter?"

Clear it up ?

Other than the Revan debats , I usually agree with you and post "Good Read" or "Thankyou" . I was really asking a serious question in Thread Title . Maybe we just should not have any respect for eachother.

On topic

Revan didn't even come close to beating Vitiate , and lost his loyal friend Meetra in the fight as well . Real body or not.

Jedi Knight fought a Voice in the Dark Temple , a place filled of the Darksides . Not only that but killing what one could believe many Sithlords on the way .

Edited by mefit

Yeah, the moment the emperor first appeared on the jk story line i had a little hellraiser nerdout. During the final bit I half expected him to be like "Pain...? How dare you use that word.... *force choke*" xD

I have to say , I could picture Pin Head being a Sithlord . Takecaway the scares and the Pins and he would fit in PERFECTLY !

Vitiate gained more love from me after this . I hope to see more on him soon !

Clear it up ?

Other than the Revan debats , I usually agree with you and post "Good Read" or "Thankyou" . I was really asking a serious question in Thread Title . Maybe we just should not have any respect for eachother.

On topic

Revan didn't even come close to beating Vitiate , and lost his loyal friend Meetra in the fight as well . Real body or not.

Jedi Knight fought a Voice in the Dark Temple , a place filled of the Darksides . Not only that but killing what one could believe many Sithlords on the way .

He was making a joke. Give the man a break. It's fine to voice that you think his points regarding Revan are no good, but to tell him that over and over and over and over is borderline cruel.

Edited by MasterMe

Clear it up ?

On topic

Close or not Revan was the only opponent Vitiate fought in which he was scared of dying. And one could say since Scourge never actually saw the Emperor's face aside from with Revan (the emperor was wearing a mask in JK act2 and in act3 Scourge was not with the JK) he would have no knowledge whether the one he saw the JK defeating was the Emperor himself or just a voice.

He was making a joke. Give the man a break. It's fine to voice that you think his points regarding Revan are no good, but to tell him that over and over and over and over is borderline cruel.

I forgot MasterMe is the only one allowed to go over board when replying to Aurbere . It was not but a month ago that you put in a reply attacking Aurbere about Revan yourself .

Although then , I was more in agreeing with Aurbere because it seemed more spot on and less bias .

We all change in the cause of spam I guess .

Borderline Cruel ? Aurbere is anything but helpless . His grammer is 100x better than mine . His ability to write a meaningful thread is beyond my ability .

EDITED: Aurbere . Beniboybling , Wolfninjajedi ,Rayla_Felana , BrandomSM , and ProfessorWalsh are in my opinion the best Thread Writers on the SWTOR forums . When I debat against them , I realise their abilities.

To stress a point to Aurbere is not anything Cruel . Aurbere is well able to defend himself and his post .

Anything close to Cruel would imply that he was unable to defend his post , opinions , or facts . All he is well able to do.

I have come quick to learn between you and Aurbere , to never defend a poster being attacked . Later the attacker and defender will double team you in the end.

Again in 99.99% of Debats/Threads/Post outside of the Revan topics , I am mostly agreeing with everything Aurbere Post .

I know we see differently on Mandolarians as well , but its because I like to see the underdog or dogs in this case , have their day !

I find those who have to work harder for a win to be better characters/people , than those with the upper hand from the get go.

Trust me , when I reply to Aurbere to debat against him , I do so in knowing he is well able in defending himself and winning .

Edited by mefit

True , but the Voice is no Joke either . Whne the SithWarrior killed a Voice , the Emperor put all the guards down . That is when the other enity tried to take over .

So the Sith Warrior did not even really kill the voice and either or the Emperor was not fighting back.

At the End of the fight Scourage gets on you for allowing the Emperor more time to gain back more strength .

So the Voice was great enough to give worry to Scourage .

Plus , Scourage was not willing to go full in with Revan and Meetra , where he is with the JK . That says alot there .

The emperor tried to put all guards down with the SW but Sel-Makor made him go all out to kill him. So yes the SW did fight a full powered Voice of the Emperor which was augmented by Sel-Makor and lost. And also the JK fought a voice that was in a weakened state (Tol Braga states this after youve stopped him on Corellia). As for Scourge, (this is speculation but i think makes sense) he went with his vision of the JK because he knew that even if they succeeded in killing the Emperor they would die anyway due to reinforcements on the way. Scourge is a self-serving sith who wants to survive above all else. Weighing his options he can either fight with Revan and Meetra and have a 50/50 chance of winning but then die from reinforcements or he can wait for the JK to destroy the emperor and live what would any sith have done in his position?

Clear it up ?

It was a joke. Lighten up a bit.

No respect for eachother? Over a character? Please tell me you're joking.

On topic: it doesn't matter who would win because we have no real idea of what the Jedi Knight can do (power-wise). So we are comparing a blank slate to a fleshed out character. I would say the same for Revan had his character not been developed. But for the sake of the thread: Revan... I guess.

The emperor tried to put all guards down with the SW but Sel-Makor made him go all out to kill him. So yes the SW did fight a full powered Voice of the Emperor which was augmented by Sel-Makor and lost. And also the JK fought a voice that was in a weakened state (Tol Braga states this after youve stopped him on Corellia). As for Scourge, (this is speculation but i think makes sense) he went with his vision of the JK because he knew that even if they succeeded in killing the Emperor they would die anyway due to reinforcements on the way. Scourge is a self-serving sith who wants to survive above all else. Weighing his options he can either fight with Revan and Meetra and have a 50/50 chance of winning but then die from reinforcements or he can wait for the JK to destroy the emperor and live what would any sith have done in his position?

You have to wonder if Scourage was tainted by Revan and Meetra . He talks of Honor which can be a Sith Trait but rare . I have a feeling before its all said and done , Scourage is either going to go all true sith or convert .

All other points well taken ,