Arena Hungry...Tired of Waiting

USERTWO

Ok, I want to first start off by saying that I have been playing TOR since launch and I have been an avid pvper ever since I got introduced to that style of gameplay. I think the PVP in TOR is excellent so far, but it could use some arenas. Now, I know that some of you will say the classes are unbalanced and some comps will blow other comps out of the water. THAT...may be true. However, I think this can still be fun and exciting for all of us involved.

I want to organize an ARENA TOURNAMENT. Actual brackets, actual team signups and shtuff. I haven't yet worked out any details of how I am going to accomplish this mountain of a task, but I do believe that the awesome community of the Bastion will be more than willing to outstretch a hand. Now, just to show that I am not full of ****, I am putting up the amount of one million in-game credits to the winners as a donation for being awesome and supportive of this whole endeavor.

Now, everyone can join in on this. The only problem I foresee with this is the inevitable ganking that is going to occur between factions. It's going to happen, we all like to mess with each other, but let's try to keep this somewhat organized (although I am totally down for some massive open world pvp).

I will announce what I plan to do soon on the forums.

So, TLDR:

-ARENA TOURNAMENT to be held sometime in the next couple of weeks. Before the new xpac.

-1 million CREDIT prize to 1st, 500,000 to 2nd, 250,000 to 3rd. 4th place gets something special, and everyone will get something for joining.

-I will be posting this prize out of my own in-game funds and remember, it is just a donation. I do not expect anything in return for doing this or anyone to contribute money to play in this. I just want some good, old-fashioned deathmatch.

I will probably end up making a website to facilitate registration for this and post some brackets. I can do it really quickly if there is enough interest. Probably be double elim with best out of 5. 2 v 2 is usually pretty quick (some can go on forever though).

What do you guys think?

-INIQUITA-

LVL 50 SITH MARAUDER

<PAIN TRAIN>

Good luck. 2v2 was difficult enough for me.

I know that the general consensus after reading my post will be "skeptical". I will put forth the most effort possible to make this an enjoyable experience and the most competitive one. I am offering the creds because I don't care about them and I want to offer some incentive.

If you need any help organizing, let me know.

tbh if people pay money to be in the tourny, which not only adds to the grandprize, but i think it gives them incentive to get their games done since they put money on it

If you need any help organizing, let me know.

Yeah, I'm gonna need some help. I actually like the "do your own matches on your own time" thing.

In all actuality, do you mind if I take your rules word for word? I like that there are no tank/heal combos. Those are boring and last a ridic amount of time.

Donations will be accepted for the prize pool, but I am not making them mandatory. The reason I am not asking for money for this is because (even though I wouldn't dare) it is sketchy to just give money to some random player. I can't think of anything in the game that would allow for that.

I will just pay out 1st, 2nd and 3rd. EVERYBODY will get something. Whether it be a stack of medpacs, adrenals, a special piece of cartel gear. This is all out of my own pocket. I just want to do something awesome for the server, because most of you are amazing people and pvpers.

I think that's incentive enough.

The last 2v2 tourney hosted by scold started in jan. There's still 4 teams in it who are now in the second last round. It's march.... its just really hard to organize teams to play against one another on this server.

I understand, Sifu. I am actually thinking about organizing something on a larger scale after 2.0 comes out. After everyone gets gear and it normalizes, I think that will be the perfect time to start up something again.

I'll post here again after I talk with a few people and gauge interest.

Just a teaser: Arena league. It's gonna be like the goddamn NFL. We'll have divisions (round robin in each; best out of 5), then brackets for playoffs and other stuff. Haven't really worked it out in my head, but I think a 20 million credit grand prize would be awesome and more than doable. I'll even make a website for it so we can keep track of everything. The tournaments will be play as you want, just like Scold's 2v2s, with a general deadline so it doesn't drag on for months (more importantly, over patches that may change gameplay).

JUST A THOUGHT.

The game is not balanced or set up for pvp in an arena format. I mean the 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or whatever tournaments can be fun and a break from the monotony but you simply cant win unless your entire team are sins or ops. Otherwise you will without a doubt start the match one man down (at least. good teams would probably global your entire team without taking a point of dmg if you were playing a comp of 3 of the other 6 classes). Their isnt any room to build a good comp with a good team because their is only 4 choices.

1. op/op/op

2. sin/sin/sin

3. op/op/sin

4. sin/sin/op

This game is a long way off from implementing any kind of arena and would require a completely seperate build of abilities and mechanics for it to work. I would not be surprised if in 2 or 3 years (or ever) their were still no arena in swtor.

I really don't care. This isn't really for anything serious and it is designed for exactly that: having fun and breaking the monotony that is 8 man warzones. I stated before that I know there is class imbalance, and I know it will play a factor. The bottom line is: I don't care. And yes, I firmly believe that elite players with those combos would destroy everything in their path, but there are many variables. I'll have you know that in the past 2v2 we had a shadow/sage combo defeat an assassin/assassin combo AND a marauder/sorc combo beat an assassin/operative combo. WEAK players will always get schooled by STRONG players.

Arena would make this game amazing, there is no reason not to have it in a Starwars game.

Here is some ideas,

Geonosis Arena http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Battle_of_Geonosis

Massassi Arena http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Massassi_Arena

Hutt Arena http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Arena_of_Doom

Here is a whole page of Starwars Arenas

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/index.php?search=arena&fulltext=Search

It's in the lore of Starwars, it should be in the game. :D