Republic Dark Side RP.

LordRaeth

With the introduction of being able to wear sith and imperial looking clothing I was thinking about establishing "evil" rp on the republic side as a counter point to the basic good roleplay that is around. I for one think those who go against established directions of roleplay to be a good thing, for example if you've played other games like WoW there were numerous guilds and characters that portrayed organisations and figures that were against the norm, such as the infamous Scarlet Crusade etc.

I was wondering what you thought about this?

Additionally I've made a thread in the suggestion box about possibly making the imperial trooper armour available on the republic CE store. There thread can be found here.

I think this could bring about a good amount of rp, no longer are inter-faction roleplay limited to planets where both factions have equal access but we could now have them on every planet, making the feeling that war/espionage is really going on which I think is pretty lacking. Now however you could have Dark Jedi, assisted by Imperial Agents (Smugglers in agent gear) and Dark Troopers (Troopers with the Imperial Armour)

I was hoping some of you could support this suggestion.

Truthfully, a lot of times, this type of RP seems more like "But I want to be original or go against the grain" rather than good RP.

I want to the Jedi class, but I want to be a Sith Background! Also, it makes for harder things, like "Now you're exposed! Everyone knows you're really a Sith pretending to be a Jedi to infiltrate them, but you ignore it because it ruins your game." ect ect ect Basically things like that.

Truthfully, a lot of times, this type of RP seems more like "But I want to be original or go against the grain" rather than good RP.

I want to the Jedi class, but I want to be a Sith Background! Also, it makes for harder things, like "Now you're exposed! Everyone knows you're really a Sith pretending to be a Jedi to infiltrate them, but you ignore it because it ruins your game." ect ect ect Basically things like that.

Only if you're blatant, I wouldn't even say my dark side Jedi is sith, merely a dark jedi. it also really depends on what part of the story line you set the roleplay in, if the treaty is still enforce, then a diplomatic figures from the Empire assisted by guards would be fine.

The problem I see with current rp is there's no protagonist and antagonist, it's all "good" people conversing among themselves, so while the idea of the "enemy" being around is a bit peculiar I think it's necessary for a good to and fro type of rp.

Only if you're blatant, I wouldn't even say my dark side Jedi is sith, merely a dark jedi. it also really depends on what part of the story line you set the roleplay in, if the treaty is still enforce, then a diplomatic figures from the Empire assisted by guards would be fine.

The problem I see with current rp is there's no protagonist and antagonist, it's all "good" people conversing among themselves, so while the idea of the "enemy" being around is a bit peculiar I think it's necessary for a good to and fro type of rp.

True. I see this to. I think there's multiple reasons for it myself. First, TOR just isn't RP friendly. Second, I think it's the natural evolution of MMO RP. The idea of a protagonist and antagonist is great, but only works with people who know each other well, because in my experience, no matter how many people try and claim otherwise, they don't like to lose.

Pen and Paper RPing gives people numbers to look at, compare, and dice to roll to go "Okay. This is the chance you will get hit. This is how much damage you will take if you get hit."

MMOs it's up to the players themselves to decide and more and more outside of social style RPing, I just see complaints of "blah blah blah godmoding" And trying to settle it with PvP, level, gear, gets called out as not being RP.

I like the idea. But then you asked a question. In my experience with MMO RPing, doing this sort of RP tends to have people go "gaaaah...them again." outside of staying with a group of individuals or keeping it an NPC for your guild.

But I'm sure others have had better experiences.