Sarcastic droid

evasilievna

Hello,

During a flashpoint we had to destroy a droid, it kept calling us something like "meat sack" . What's it's story, anyway? And what is a "psycholocutor specialty" ? During the same mission the sarcastic droid says " observer and psycholocutor specialties report to command" - or something close to it. Don't really remember which mission is it, but at the end you have to defeat a man claiming to be Jedi and wearing a mask.

Seeing your post in General Discussion, are you sure you want to be asking these questions? :)

OK, being serious...

Before SWTOR, there was KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic). A GREAT original XBOX game (and now compatible with the XBOX ONE!). There's also a PC version you can often pick up for a couple of bucks (steam). Followed by KOTOR II, well loved here, but it has serious shortcomings. The droid is a character in it. As is "the guy in a mask".

I'd say even now: stop playing SWTOR and pick up KOTOR. It's that good. And the DNA is so embedded in SWTOR. And if you choose not to, I' guess the wookieepedia synopsis is better than nothing:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic

Then I'd recommend reading Revan, and Deceived (two The Old Republic novels done as tie-in's to this game).

1. It's HK-47. "Meatbag" is his trademark term for biological beings (humanoids).

2. He's encountered in 3 different flashpoints in the game. (I won't spoil it for you, though).

3. He is also an iconic figure in the Old Republic Era that the game is set in.

4. He's HK-51's predecessor.

I'd recommend playing Knights of The Old Republic and Knights of The Old Republic II as well. They were preludes to this game and there are several tie-ins with them.

Or read the stories / articles already linked to find out more about the lore of the game.