Important Jung Ma pvp notice

yooohoo

On the forums there is a place for customer support. I have been relentlessly posting about server transfers and its been ignored. Literally everything around it has been answered. So if this matters to you at all please help me out and create your own forum on it.. The pvpers of Jung Ma i believe want this to happen so lets all get together and actually do something about it. Unless you would like to wait 6 months for a 20 dollar character transfer per toone.

I think it's toon, and you presume much Suluu. I for one love PVP and play exclusively on Jung Ma. I am quite happy where I am. If you have a problem with Jung Ma, re-roll. Before you give me the usual spiel about how you have all this stuff on Jung ma, I have a comment you should consider very carefully: If you don't like the Jung Ma community... or lack there of as some people complain... shouldn't have rolled there. It doesn't take a genius to figure that an RP-PVP community likely won't stay very big for very long. It's usually a small core of dedicated players who -with exceptions- usually try to be more mature. You should have realized long ago it wouldn't stay big forever.

With that in mind I would support a moderate fee for character transfers. I personally wouldn't mind say.... $5 per character or a nice $30 bundle for all characters on a particular server to be transferred. If people want to move I think they should pay for it. Responsibility for your decisions sucks doesn't it?

Have fun!

Oh my gosh.. your the general sarcastic ***** that cant even follow an argument. Everything you just said makes no sense if you really think about it. Theres no way anyone could predict that this server was going to die. And I will give you the general re-roll argument because you seem to be the only person missing that point. NO ONE wants to re-roll. Disagree? Ok look at the forums for the public test server. Over half of them are complaining about not being able to copy lvl 50's over. Disagree? Well ask around. I cant find anyone who is like, "HELL yea man that would be awesome, I would love to spend three weeks getting to lvl 50 and grinding War Hero!!" And thank you for correcting my spelling its clear that you are one of those guys but confirming it to the community was a nice touch. If you have something to offer in terms of an intelligent conversation then do it but don't come on here and like the alpha male because no one wants that. Keep that stuff in the game or better yet dont do it at all because you just ruin the game for everyone when someone starts a conversation and you come along and instead of responding to it you correct their spelling and you try to be funny.

I however will respond to the one thing you did offer and that was paid transfers. I agree with you 100 percent on that. 5 dollars or a 30 dollar bundle would be VERY nice. I think that you should have to pay for character transfers this prevents all people from server hoping, and there should be legitimate concerns on free transfers. A 5 dollar per character or even 10 dollars per character would be a very nice touch. However i could easily see it turning into a ludicrous amount of money which would probably destroy the jung ma server. Edited by yooohoo

At release JM was packed. Before the first merges it was the most busy pvp server on the East coast after Fatman. The "should've known" sentiment is just bs. We got screwed in the last set of merges because, unlike every other remaining NA server which had 5+ source servers, we had 1.5.

Jung ma was a great choice initially.

1. Lots of players

2. You can run pvp

3. You can run pve

4. You can RP

5. AND BEST OF ALL YOU CAN RP AND PVP. Who the hell doesn't want their guild to be in roll and crush their enemies. The main point of SWTOR was to be an elite hero in the star wars universe and crush your enemies.

So saying (he, us , and everyone suffering on Jung ma with no ranked pops EVER, ) should have known that bioware/ea would transfer everyone away and not send anyone to the server was not known .

Good work suluu , For continuing to bring this issue up. We love The game, pvp, and still want to play. Albeit with ranked and RP/pvp.

And to all you smartazz trolls out there, F off. We are trying to better the game while you are just sitting there annoying others. Your not going to get someone to say great job trolling, your so witty, can I be your friend. You just show how petty and insignificant you are and perhaps you like to be insignificant on a low pop server .

Edited by SithLordSix
Spell

A few months ago Anwar called BW customer service and talked to over 8 people. Finally a higher up said that they would get a transfer for Dark Empire to another server and that it had happened before (to people who were originally on destination servers). We were given instructions and followed them, only to be told that transfers were not allowed. We then had a question, quit the game or reroll on Pot5. We sill somewhat enjoy the game and the people in the guild, so we manned up and rerolled. And you know what, it wasn't that bad. Yes not having any perks is frustrating. But it was worth it. So stop your crying Suluu or anyone else. Either reroll or shut up.

Quit coming on here to cause problems.. if people cant contribute to the conversation then don't post. And I'm glad for Dark Empire they are part of the 1% of numb nuts that spent 4 weeks re-rolling. If your so happy there then why bother with this thread it obviously doesn't concern you. And I'm training to become a fighter pilot so dont tell me to man up on swtor. Edited by yooohoo

If you put a topic on a forum you should expect someone to disagree with your ideas. And I for one have had -experiences- with communities such as this so yeah I did know it wouldn't last. Did I have a time and date of 'failure' no, but the story has repeated itself time and time again. Yes, true, things are never -exactly- the same, maybe JM wouldn't have failed? Maybe it still won't who knows. But one can read the writing on the wall, and when the server population -started- to decline you continued playing. Sorry but after having been in several communities where I've had to start over from scratch because one server was abandoned, I find myself lacking in sympathy that you continue to play despite disliking it, instead of saving yourself time and effort and re-rolling ahead of time so that you don't have to worry about that.

As for the war hero grind? If you're unfamiliar with 1.6 WH will become the new 'BM' and take regular comms versus ranked comms. Not something I'm particularly fond of but C'est la vie. Heaven forbid you have to play in BM for a couple weeks ^^ Though that's generally the case with any new character unless you're an enthusiast who makes WH for their alts ahead of time.....

While I'm not entirely in the belief that people should have an out I simply feel a lot of it could have been avoided. Though I'm also a bit curious as to the problem. When I go to pvp, which is usually throughout the early afternoon to early morning... four/five A.M I haven't had a lack of willing participants in PVP.... So I'm a bit curious as to why people are still driving to transfer? Is it because you feel the PVPers in Jung Ma of late suck? If so I should point out to you that you'll run into those type on -any- server you go to. Unfortunately getting them to -not- suck....That takes patience.... lots and lots of patience.

And for my last point. How...many guys have you seen with the name Rennia?

Edit: Also for those people jumping down my throat and going on about how Jung Ma was -initially-. Point out in my post where I said when SWTOR first launched. I don't believe I did. But it's been up for a year, and the population has been declining for at least -half- that. I know that because I was here. So, when the signs started coming that the population was dropping, I'm not sure if you people were asleep and not noticing it or what... But then again you're the same people who claim it's 'been dead' for months so that's rather contradictory.

Edited by Rennia

And I'm training to become a fighter pilot so dont tell me to man up on swtor.

That makes no sense. If being a fighter pilot autmatically qualifies you to be a man on the internet epeen competition, then I am missing out. :cool:

Seriously though... the thread title has nothing to do with your topic discussion, so one can hardly blame others for posting. Your announcement that you still can't move to another server is hardly an important PvP notice for Jung Ma.

I'm personally happy with Jung Ma; I get Ranked WZ queues when I want (within a minute or so), and regular WZ queues within 5 minutes. I get to RP. Now you may be thinking, "He must be trolling, how does he get instant (or near instant) ranked WZ queues???" It's very simple:

Our guild and another guild form 2 teams and we queue together. The matches have been VERY close (10-0 in Alderaan), 20 second differentials in Voidstar, etc. We split the teams to try to make them as fair as possible, not just try to ROFLstomp each other. This introduces coordination to PvPers who might be a little intimidated by the thought of Ranked WZs.

Want Ranked WZs people? Form two full groups. Where there is a will, there is a way. Your way of just throwing the towel is a rather defeatist attitude in my opinion.

But either way, I do hate to see people not enjoying a game... so I do wish you luck in transffering off server. Some say the grass is always greener on the other side....

Edited by Creedys

Oh my gosh.. your the general sarcastic ***** that cant even follow an argument. Everything you just said makes no sense if you really think about it. Theres no way anyone could predict that this server was going to die. And I will give you the general re-roll argument because you seem to be the only person missing that point. NO ONE wants to re-roll. Disagree? Ok look at the forums for the public test server. Over half of them are complaining about not being able to copy lvl 50's over. Disagree? Well ask around. I cant find anyone who is like, "HELL yea man that would be awesome, I would love to spend three weeks getting to lvl 50 and grinding War Hero!!" And thank you for correcting my spelling its clear that you are one of those guys but confirming it to the community was a nice touch. If you have something to offer in terms of an intelligent conversation then do it but don't come on here and like the alpha male because no one wants that. Keep that stuff in the game or better yet dont do it at all because you just ruin the game for everyone when someone starts a conversation and you come along and instead of responding to it you correct their spelling and you try to be funny.

I am happy here on jung ma.

I will try to be civil.

Lets look at this from a different point of view why there is no response from Bioware. I believe the Devs are taking a "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" aproach.

Rember back in beta we ( the gaming community) begged Bioware to create a RP-PVP server? Yes there were no RP-PVP servers before hand. So bioware creates Jung Ma and other servers that are RP-PVP. The game launches with mass amounts of server congestion. We ask for more servers, they create more servers. Then to many players suprise several servers become ghost towns. We cry to Bioware that we have no one to play with. So the Devs make server mergers, first by choice then by force.

There are many threads that are "please let us move" there are also several threads to the liking of please let us stay. People complain about the population for only one aspect of the whole game- PVP. Also the posters from the "please let us move" side jump on every thread that is on this subject just to fluff their point. From my perspective since I was on Ajunta Pall there are TONS of people to play with, in the current population compaired to my old server . True this is a RP-PVP server so the lower amounts of population don't give us instant ques on everything . But ques still pop reqularly. To argue this server is dead it requires the server to have no players on it at all on each planet and fleet.

The Dev's said in one of their cantaina chats that they will not close Jung Ma. For right now you are here, lets make the best of it. There are other people pefectly happy like me who wish to stay on Jung Ma. If the Op wishes for their opinion to be respected please respect the people who are happy here on this server. Instead of server mergers and transfers out lets try transfers both ways. People can come into Jug Ma from crowded servers and people who wish to leave go. Don't demand that we all should be sent away. I really enjoy the community we have here. The Dev's let some of the Ajunta Pall people leave and that was a mistake for it hurt our population worse. Not all the Ajunta Pall people left- most fo my guild is from that server.

If Bioware still preaches the wait and see approach the number of people on this server is up. And only adds to theargument of letting it stay . If you are so unhappy with it either stop playing or re-roll. That blanket statement is about all the answer any one will get because they are sofar keeping Jung Ma intact.

<<

If you put a topic on a forum you should expect someone to disagree with your ideas. And I for one have had -experiences- with communities such as this so yeah I did know it wouldn't last. Did I have a time and date of 'failure' no, but the story has repeated itself time and time again. Yes, true, things are never -exactly- the same, maybe JM wouldn't have failed? Maybe it still won't who knows. But one can read the writing on the wall, and when the server population -started- to decline you continued playing. Sorry but after having been in several communities where I've had to start over from scratch because one server was abandoned, I find myself lacking in sympathy that you continue to play despite disliking it, instead of saving yourself time and effort and re-rolling ahead of time so that you don't have to worry about that.

>>

Obviously you haven't been playing this game for very long. Were you around when JM was one of the most populated servers in the game? Were you around when it was the #2 pvp server right after Fatman on the East Coast (back when almost every other server in the game was on life support)? The ONLY reason we're having a problem right now is because when BW decided to make all of their servers into mega servers, they left Jung Ma out of it. That is all. Maybe f2p will fix it, maybe it won't - we're at least 2 months away from knowing the answer to that.

And, for the record, I do have a lvl 15 legacy on POT5 right now. Is it legacy lvl 50? Does it have the Unity buff? Does it have have the rainbow buff (minus smuggler/IA)? Unlocked races or ship items? Full sets of legacy gear for 3 classes? Many millions of spare credits? Every vaguely useful crafting skill at 400 (along with a couple not-so-useful ones)? Lots of presence? No. My main on POT5 does have mostly WH gear but he's a long long way from what I've got on JM (months of hard re-playing, not weeks).

Obviously you haven't been playing this game for very long. Maybe f2p will fix it, maybe it won't - we're at least 2 months away from knowing the answer to that.

And, for the record, I do have a lvl 15 legacy on POT5 right now. Many millions of spare credits? Every vaguely useful crafting skill at 400 (along with a couple not-so-useful ones)? . My main on POT5 does have mostly WH gear but he's a long long way from what I've got on JM (months of hard re-playing, not weeks).

See you're not the only one capable of picking and selecting things and posting them out of context. I can do it quite handily too. I've pretty much edited out all the useless crap that really doesn't mean anything. Most of that stuff is either easily obtained or irrelevant. However to answer your question I joined roughly around March so it's been quite a while. Don't have legacy 50... only legacy 40 but that's hardly an accomplishment. My main is pretty much WH geared. They would be entirely with elite warhero augmenting it (No I didn't say EWH AUGMENTS) if I wasn't too busy buying BM for my numerous alts... think I've got like... five sets of BM shells from that. Should vendor them mayhaps... Maybe not. Got loads and loads of legacy gear. That and I've been having too much fun doing other things besides War Zones... and hell even the game entirely... Though I do love PVP.

If the entire server population were to suddenly and completely vanish or if I stopped liking this community and wanted to go somewhere else would I? In a heartbeat. So again what is your driving point?

Also that bit where you tried... and epically failed to correct me on "months not weeks." Again out of context. Learn to read all of it before trying to comment if you would please? Have you actually I don't know... read the upcoming changes in 1.6 like I pointed out? They're changing the tiers from recruit>BM>WH>Some EWH to recruit>WH>EWH. That means (In english and small words) that War hero, you know that thing you're complaining about months long grinding for, will take NORMAL warzone comms. If it takes you MONTHS of 're-playing' to get a full set of War hero when all it takes is normal comms, you either aren't putting much effort into it, or you're one of the worst PVPers in SWTOR. What I said was that one might simply have to suffice with BM for a short while until 1.6 hits, which shouldn't be far away. And I know we're all capable of doing that. We did it before after all.

Edited by Rennia

<< If the entire server population were to suddenly and completely vanish or if I stopped liking this community and wanted to go somewhere else would I? In a heartbeat. So again what is your driving point? >>

I was responding to your point:

<<

Sorry but after having been in several communities where I've had to start over from scratch because one server was abandoned, I find myself lacking in sympathy that you continue to play despite disliking it, instead of saving yourself time and effort and re-rolling ahead of time so that you don't have to worry about that.

>>

There's a lot more to "starting over" on a new server than grinding out war hero gear which we'll be able to do quickly on tuesday (yay). I honestly couldn't care less about your sympathy, but I do take issue with your position that we shouldn't be asking for (or complaining about the lack of ) an option to transfer because we should have planned ahead or whatever. At the very beginning JM was the server to be. In JULY JM was possibly the second most populated East Coast PVP server, and now, December, we get to listen to clowns saying "I foresaw this, you should have too, so move on and shut up."

Edited by WaywardOne

You bring up an interesting point and now that people are disagreeing in mature way we can create dialogue but calling people names and provoking them and then anxiously waiting for them to hit back is for little kids. I do believe the game came with an age limit?

Anyways some really good stuff has been said above, some things that I had not considered so thank you for those that are old enough to realize they are talking to adults and not children

Edited by yooohoo

There's a lot more to "starting over" on a new server than grinding out war hero gear which we'll be able to do quickly on tuesday (yay). I honestly couldn't care less about your sympathy, but I do take issue with your position that we shouldn't be asking for (or complaining about the lack of ) an option to transfer because we should have planned ahead or whatever. At the very beginning JM was the server to be. In JULY JM was possibly the second most populated East Coast PVP server, and now, December, we get to listen to clowns saying "I foresaw this, you should have too, so move on and shut up."

Again you are taking things out of context. Suluu had the courtesy of reading through my entire message and recognizing that while I disagree with his beliefs on the how when and whys, I am not against people having that out. In my initial post, if you read it, I stated I feel that a $5 per character or $30 for entire group on a server is something I would consider reasonable for server transfers. If you think that's steep I suggest not considering Eve online, pretty sure theirs is higher.

Also I disagree with that statement that it was second most populated in July. Maybe for a few days but I recall the huge rush from the optional transfers, then the population dropping like a rock between the AP 'hard core PVPers' pining for the fjords (Bastion) and people going "oh this was dumb' and never coming back. And honestly... Having been playing, actively on JM for the past few months. The Doomsayers have been crowing for a looong time. Day in and day out they were screaming on fleet that the server's dying the server's dying. Frankly it was -almost- enough to make me want to re-roll myself... just to avoid the doomsayers.

...We love The game, pvp, and still want to play. Albeit with ranked and RP/pvp.

And to all you smartazz trolls out there, F off. We are trying to better the game while you are just sitting there annoying others. Your not going to get someone to say great job trolling, your so witty, can I be your friend. You just show how petty and insignificant you are and perhaps you like to be insignificant on a low pop server .

That's a solid 5... followed by reminders of why I still play, why I remain on JM and did not re-roll on Fatma-- :rolleyes: In my experiences here, the greatest content in the game will always be community driven.

We have some funny people in general... but I still see people helping newbs, helping Imps on Pube alts navigate the Fleet, and yes... there are trolls. *** should you have less fun in this game because of an idiot? Either laugh, because some of that crap is hilarious... Or use your ignore button.

Either way, it's your time on the clock. Why waste it complaining when you could be contributing or participating? :confused: This place probably isn't going to last much longer. Enjoy it while you can.

May I intervene with a related but the opposite question? Since there are people in that very topic willing to talk.

I have the different problem from OP - I do not want to leave but can be forced to do so. It just happen that the toon I really like ended up on Jung Ma. It is not a problem to roll very similar character anywhere else but there are reasons for me to stay. Yet, I am not a big fan of world PvP aka gank, only organised one (like WZ). Now, the question is - would it be a big problem for me to finish my class quests and get lvl 50 here or I would have to constantly request guild help for progress since world if full of gankers?

In other word - how is ganking situation on Republic site?

Very rarely do people get ganked while leveling on this server. And every time we get word of it happening, Alpha Company comes to put the imps in their place.

If you get camped or ganked repeatedly just search "alpha" in the who tab and send one of us a whisper.