Are comms bought barrels/hilts not RE'able?

countpopeula

I have bought and RE'd around 20 comm weapons 34 Reflex barrels and not a single successful RE. That combines with 6 Skill barrels from knives and blaster offhands for 0 schematics. I RE'd a Might hilt 34 on my very first attempt, I know that was one was looted. Is anyone else having as crap luck as I am with comm bought RE's/are they even dropping schematics or should I just stick to crafting implants? Edited by countpopeula

I have bought and RE'd around 20 comm weapons 34 Reflex barrels and not a single successful RE. That combines with 6 Skill barrels from knives and blaster offhands for 0 schematics. I RE'd a Might hilt 34 on my very first attempt, I know that was one was looted. Is anyone else having as crap luck as I am with comm bought RE's/are they even dropping schematics or should I just stick to crafting implants?

You have just been very unlucky. I bought a skill barrel 34 with comms, REed it and got the schematic on the first try.

That being said, my process might have been different than yours:

1. I acquired the off-hand blaster pistol (for gunslinger) for ultimate comms
  2. I ripped the barrel out of the bought blaster and placed into a Bound to Legacy blaster pistol and mailed it to my armstech
  3. I ripped the barrel out of the BtL blaster and REed it

...and I got the schematic

Edited by psandak

You have just been very unlucky. I bought a skill barrel 34 with comms, REed it and got the schematic on the first try.

That being said, my process might have been different than yours:

1. I acquired the off-hand blaster pistol (for gunslinger) for ultimate comms
  2. I ripped the barrel out of the bought blaster and placed into a Bound to Legacy blaster pistol and mailed it to my armstech
  3. I ripped the barrel out of the BtL blaster and REed it

...and I got the schematic

Exactly what I've been doing unless the weapon is bought on my Armstech. I guess you could call it evening out for the Might Hilt 34 and Vindicator-X first try RE's. Oh well.

Stupid question: Are you making sure you have the 20% chance to learn the schematic? I believe they changed something recently so if you buy it off the GTN you can't learn the schematic when you RE the item (if that's how you got it).

I believe they changed something recently so if you buy it off the GTN you can't learn the schematic when you RE the item (if that's how you got it).

He specifically mentions (in the title and text) that he bought the weapons for comms. No GTN involved here.

Yeah what he said, almost all of the Aim 34 barrels came from comm bought, the rest were random drop loot from DF/DP. Did 3 or 4 since the post, still nothing. Pretty much resigning RE'ing barrels, not like they're worth learning anyways at their going rate on our server which is less than mats price. Ridiculous.

Pretty much resigning RE'ing barrels, not like they're worth learning anyways at their going rate on our server which is less than mats price. Ridiculous.

Yep, 34s have quickly fallen into where 30s and 31s used to: one is completely dependent on crits to profit. If you are willing and able to sit on fleet hawking your wares in general chat for materials (and maybe a tip) working 34s is for you. Otherwise...not so much.

I will keep trying to get 34s when the opportunity presents itself, but I will no longer actively seek the schematics.