Good bye guys

Quaterlegend

The fluidity of this game has really kill all the good things in it. It feels painful to move or even fight. The engine is top resource dominate for my computer and internet to keep up with. In short bye all had a great idea here but EA and Bioware FAILED!!!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fluidity of this game has really kill all the good things in it. It feels painful to move or even fight. The engine is top resource dominate for my computer and internet to keep up with. In short bye all had a great idea here but EA and Bioware FAILED!!!!!!!

See you soon!

Might I recommend a non-wooden computer?

It's definetly your computer if you're having such big problems.

I experience this myself on my laptop. I tried a 16m OPS one time and never again, because it lagged horribly.

On my computer however I have no trouble at all. I don't lag and I have no performance issues.

You need a new computer

Feel free to come back when you got one

This game works great on both my laptop and my desktop

Well take care of yourself.

No need to rage on everything though.

Up until a few months ago I ran this on a 3.2 Ghz Dual Core (circa 2006) with 4 MB Ram and a Nvidia 285 (4 years old) with no problems in 16 man ops. Your computer is either way below the minimum, or some settings are bad. Something as simple as going from Fullscreen mode to Fullscreen(Windowed) can make huge differences in performance.

The engine is certainly not the best optimized, but considering the vast majority run it fine, the problem is most likely on your end in system or game configs.

QFT

Stop trying to white knight for Bioware people. This engine is HORRIBLE.

It would help if the OP actually posted his computer specs before jumping to the conclusion its the engines fault.

I won't deny from reading other people's experience that swtor seems runs ****** on really high specced computers but I bet the majority of the time people complaining about problems playing this game are people are running this game with ****** specs.

Edited by Nickious

QFT

Stop trying to white knight for Bioware people. This engine is HORRIBLE.

The engine is fine. But, people should stop trying to play TOR on an Atari 2600. Or at the least, stop blaming TOR for their lack of a good computer.

Edited by Infernixx

Hey, I got one of those. It was the first thing I ever played on :tran_cool:

Perhaps I should try to hook it up with SWTOR and see what happens

I had one of those when they first came out, too. Over $120 dollars and that was back in the early 80s when that was a ton of money.

Good **** for its time.

Yup... must be the engine... since I can run it just fine on my 6 year old machine that was a "medium" spec when I bought it...

It's an i5-2500 3,30Ghz w. 16Gb RAM using a GeForce GTX 550-Ti card...

Yup... must be the engine then... because everybody knows bad engines run best on old computers... or something :rolleyes:

It can't possibly be that someone bought a monster computer and simply don't know how to set it up properly and maintain it properly with updated drivers for motherboards to graphicscards and normally just pushes through games with raw force.

And it can't possibly be that someone is using an old computer that sucks but can run WoW at highest settings and thus "should be able to run any MMO at highest settings".

Nope, couldn't be that, must be the engine.

Yup... must be the engine... since I can run it just fine on my 6 year old machine that was a "medium" spec when I bought it...

It's an i5-2500 3,30Ghz w. 16Gb RAM using a GeForce GTX 550-Ti card...

Yup... must be the engine then... because everybody knows bad engines run best on old computers... or something :rolleyes:

It can't possibly be that someone bought a monster computer and simply don't know how to set it up properly and maintain it properly with updated drivers for motherboards to graphicscards and normally just pushes through games with raw force.

And it can't possibly be that someone is using an old computer that sucks but can run WoW at highest settings and thus "should be able to run any MMO at highest settings".

Nope, couldn't be that, must be the engine.

It is unlikely your computer is 6 years old since the i5-2500 was only launched in Q1/2011.

It is unlikely your computer is 6 years old since the i5-2500 was only launched in Q1/2011.

Well, I DID play SWTOR on a computer that had 4 or 5 years old components when the game launched (bought and put together in 2007). AMD X2 3800+, GeForce 8800GTS, 4GB RAM. And I played with almost every setting on high (sans shadows, grass, character limit, and needless stuff like that). I still remember it running Crysis on Maximum details... every game ran perfectly until Witcher 2...

So, it seems that people are running it on something even older... and cannot wonder that they have crappy experience

Yes, the game is taxing, but so are most MMORPGs. They require the full package as in CPU/GPU and a lot of RAM.

That is due to their nature of being an online game.

What helps in most cases is to increase the Virtual Ram Size of your Windows. This allows Windows to cache more data on the disk, which would otherwise be stuck in the RAM. Also, close your Browser during playing, all Browsers need a lot of RAM.

I don't know how much you have, but this issue is overlooked by many.

This game doesn't use more than one core of my CPU. As my cpu is fairly old (dual core 2.8ghz) I really need the dual core aspect. I have 8gb of ram which is more than enough for what it uses without SWTOR:Unleashed. However I have been considering using that. The thing is... if it isn't using dual cores then Unleashed wont do me any good as that mostly dumps files into virtual ramdrives.

This has got me pondering now and I will investigate this further as surely no game should be limited to a single core these days. Even an old engine like hero engine should be updated.

[edit: It seems it does use more than one core but only when in fullscreen. When minimised it reverts to single core load. It top ends at 85% which is nice to leave some for other apps. This is with lowest graphics settings. I bump the graphics upto full and the cpu stays the same, the system ram stays the same. The throughput to gpu will be my bottleneck there with a HD 48xx. The only time it gives me any greif is 16man raids of course. Everything else is fine]

Edited by dakyo
had a quick check in resmon and perfmon

This game doesn't use more than one core of my CPU. As my cpu is fairly old (dual core 2.8ghz) I really need the dual core aspect. I have 8gb of ram which is more than enough for what it uses without SWTOR:Unleashed. However I have been considering using that. The thing is... if it isn't using dual cores then Unleashed wont do me any good as that mostly dumps files into virtual ramdrives.

This has got me pondering now and I will investigate this further as surely no game should be limited to a single core these days. Even an old engine like hero engine should be updated.

Sorry, but I can't confirm this.

The game uses all of my cores. I got a AMD 965 Phenom II, which has 4 cores/threads.

Sorry, but I can't confirm this.

The game uses all of my cores. I got a AMD 965 Phenom II, which has 4 cores/threads.

yep my bad I was checking with window minimised. Just edited my post to confirm it does multicore