Photon Missiles + Ascendency bug

How do you use them? I hold right click, a lot of beeping happens and then I fire but it only fires normal missiles, how exactly do they work.

Also the daily "Ascendency", how are you meant to complete the added bonus of destroying four heavy fighters, when only three ever show up in front of you?

Edited by LordRaeth

Photon missiles can only be used on certain targets. The targetting icon will change when you mouseover them. When it changes, you need to hold down the key and keep the icon over it until it locks on.

And the fourth heavy fighter is at the end. When you are heading toward the mine layer, the heavy fighter is off in the distance on the right side of the screen.

photons works on :

shield generators on cap-ships, the Bridge, thats about it ?

its more of a (>><<) type crosshair for it, keep it held down as it locks, then fire it. simples :)

on a side note : minefields + EMP blasts = skip to the end

Edited by Lindraskada

How do you use them? I hold right click, a lot of beeping happens and then I fire but it only fires normal missiles, how exactly do they work.

Also the daily "Ascendency", how are you meant to complete the added bonus of destroying four heavy fighters, when only three ever show up in front of you?

Hit 'c' to open up your character screen and click on Ship. Mousing over the torps tells you how to use them.

I know that but it didn't say I could only use them against specific things, like shield generators, can't use it against ships etc.

Also I'm trying it on clouds of Vondoru now and it only gives me three protons and I have four things to blow up and once I run out of the protons it doesn't let me use the normal missiles on the turrets, it keeps bringing up the locking icon, even if i repeatedly quickly press the right click.

I could actually do this mission before hand without using them, now I can't complete it cause it won't let me finish off the final turret because I only get to use my cannons on it.

I know that but it didn't say I could only use them against specific things, like shield generators, can't use it against ships etc.

Also I'm trying it on clouds of Vondoru now and it only gives me three protons and I have four things to blow up and once I run out of the protons it doesn't let me use the normal missiles on the turrets, it keeps bringing up the locking icon, even if i repeatedly quickly press the right click.

I could actually do this mission before hand without using them, now I can't complete it cause it won't let me finish off the final turret because I only get to use my cannons on it.

You don't only have 3 protons. You start with one loaded...the number is how many more you have. When your number says 0, but the icon is purple, you still have one to fire.

Well it's not firing the last one then I hold and hold and hold till it locks then release and still nothing comes out. Either way isn't it a bit stupid that once you equip protons you can't fire normal missiles at the shield generators? Edited by LordRaeth

Well it's not firing it I hold and hold and hold till it locks then release and still nothing comes out. Either way isn't it a bit stupid that once you equip protons you can't fire normal missiles at the shield generators?

You can fire normal missiles at the generators or the bridge command...after you use all of your torps. Maybe they should change that for some people, but I never found it to be an issue since a torp kills it faster anyways.