Crafting App

Jeminis

I'd like to throw the idea of an application that allows you to que crafting and crew missions on the go up for discussion. It would really bring the whole "crew works while you're offline" feature to its full potential.

1. It's primary purpose would be to let you manage crew skills and assignments from your smartphone while offline.

2. The finished items could be sent directly to your mailbox.

3. The app could play your companions' voiceovers when you assign them a mission, just like in-game.

Other possible features might include an equipment viewer similar to wow's armory, mobile mailbox that you could check mail and get attachments from, and a mobile auction house that you could buy and sell from, possibly including neutral auction houses (if they exist, I haven't used the one on nar shadaa yet but I think it is neutral.)

Only hangup I can see at the moment is that it might boost crafting progression a bit too much. If people can get lvl 400 professions just 2 or 3 days after creating their characters, it seems like it could unbalance some things.

1. Depending on the profession, it could possibly render quite a few quest rewards and commendation items obsolete before you even set foot on the corresponding planet.

2. An overabundance of high-level crafters might throw server economies off. No idea if either of these would really be problems though, just hypotheses.

A possible balance to both those issues might be to put character level restrictions on recipes.

It would be cool if it could be free or a one time charge, but personally I would pay as much as an extra $5 a month depending on how many features it had. They could call it something neat, like the "holocommunicator" or "holocom" etc.

So what do you guys think? If it's a good idea, and it gets enough attention, maybe Bioware will make it happen! :D

For androids there is the companion remote desktop app that I have been using all morning while at work (slow day). But its limited to leaving your computer running and the account logged in. Also it is pretty slow (takes about 10 minutes to send companions out on 2 characters) I'm sure in the future bioware will add one that worked like wows remote. Auction house were its all done off line. But the fee is 2.99 one time payment for rcd