Rank the emperor

RevanKnight

That would be the day.

I'm so disappointed with a lot of the Jedi Knight story that its almost depressing. On the flip side, the Sith Warrior story is so freakishly awesome that I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is.

I almost laugh when people mention the Jedi Knight story, that was painful to playthrough, once I got to the end of the Coruscant class quests, I just gave up, it was simply dull, want to play a Jedi? roll a Consular, much better Jedi story, and I agree, Sith Warrior has been fantastic, have a 33 myself.

I almost laugh when people mention the Jedi Knight story, that was painful to playthrough, once I got to the end of the Coruscant class quests, I just gave up, it was simply dull, want to play a Jedi? roll a Consular, much better Jedi story, and I agree, Sith Warrior has been fantastic, have a 33 myself.

Oh my God, the second act for the Sith Warrior is so so so so so much better than the first its almost ridiculous. I actually almost want to reroll my Juggy just to play through the whole thing again.

Give me more character slots!

Edited by Aximand

Oh my God, the second act for the Sith Warrior is so so so so so much better than the first its almost ridiculous. I actually almost want to reroll my Juggy just to play through the whole thing again.

Give me more character slots!

It has been a lot of fun, Jaesa simply makes me and my little black heart giggle, would love to romance her but no way am I rolling non-female, all the guys in this game look ugly or in the case of SW, are all Malgus rip-offs, bring on SGRA? vaguely this year? ;( lol.

It has been a lot of fun, Jaesa simply makes me and my little black heart giggle, would love to romance her but no way am I rolling non-female, all the guys in this game look ugly or in the case of SW, are all Malgus rip-offs, bring on SGRA? vaguely this year? ;( lol.

Oh man, Jaessa is absolutely hilarious if you romance her as a male Darkside, its so freaking funny the stuff she gets into later on.

Also, you'll really like Lt. Peirce, he's a total BAMF and he isn't ugly, as far as my opinion as a straight male counts, anyway.

Star Wars has had many great villians: palpatine, vader, thrawn, etc...

So, where would u put the sith emperor?

Interesting that you put Thrawn on that list since he isn't a force user. But, since you DID put him up, I'd say Thrawn would have made an outstanding Emperor. For several reasons:

1. Firstly, he wasn't into causing carnage for the sake of carnage like a bunch of those on the Sith / Dark Side. He even despised needless, reckless losses with the lives of his men.

2. Master of Grand Strategy and Naval tactics. If you talk about great military leaders of the Star Wars universe, one should not be surprised to see Thrawn's name topping the list. As the last remaining Grand Admiral selected by Palpatine, and without the full backing of the Moffs and remaining Imperial government, with the forces he did have under his command, he brought the powerful New Republic government and military to its knees. He did this in the timeframe of the Imperial military's decline in the years after Endor. The juggernaught of Emperor Palpatine's was not what he inherited. But he accomplished alot.

3. Outstanding leadership. He promotes and places in command those who perform well and are flexible and quick in their thinking (think of the Tractor Beam officer on the Chimaera that tried alot of different means but couldn't capture Luke with the TBs, but still promoted on the spot by Thrawn). Contrast this with the leadership shown in the movies by powerful Darths and Sith Lords. Wasteful disposal of the lives of the men and officers, as if there was an unlimited pool of talent. Executing someone for every mistake doesn't promote success and efficiency. It means some newbie moving to a higher position and learning the ropes of that position, only to get Force Choked later on. Thrawn didn't believe in that style, what he called "Vader's style" of leadership. Thrawns character, success, and leadership style garnered immense loyalty from those that served under him.

4. Reputation. Thrawn has a great reputation from within the Empire and with his enemies. With the Rebels / New Republic, he earned such a fearsome reputation, that even after his death and supposed rumors of him surviving somehow, threw the New Republic into panic... just from rumors alone! They were quivering in their little panties way back in Coruscant, with the Imperial Remnant confined to a tiny chunk of the galaxy!

5. He isn't insane and isn't guided around by a Hokey Religion (Light or Dark). He didn't act on rage or hatred, or being a pushover like Jedi. With all the qualities above and with the fact that he wasn't crazy like many Sith Lords and Darths were, and wasn't listening to crazy whispers of the Force, he would have made a fine Emperor. Matter of fact, I wonder how the Galactic Empire would have fared if Thrawn was Emperor instead of Palpatine.

Tbh I always found Thrawn to be a lame character....in the sense that they wrote about him, being unbeatable in any engagement. I mean come on...I get that he was a genius with tactics but they made it seem like no matter what happened he always had victory, never defeat.

Make no mistake though, I don't hate him I just feel that way about every character like that.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Tbh I always found Thrawn to be a lame character....in the sense that they wrote about him, being unbeatable in any engagement. I mean come on...I get that he was a genius with tactics but they made it seem like no matter what happened he always had victory, never defeat.

Make no mistake though, I don't hate him I just feel that way about every character like that.

He is a little Mary Sueish in that way, I'll agree with that. No one is unbeatable. Well, except Commander Shepard, but that's a given.

Alright, I forgot about Kyle. But he and Shepard are pretty much the same person so it kinda counts.

I, for one, am glad you clarified that. Kyle Norris... err Katarn is the ultimate bad*** in Star Wars. If he were alive in TOR, this is how his fight with the Emperor would go:

Emperor: You're just an insig-

*Kyle decapitates him and walks out*

You can say the same for every major character in Star Wars :D Or even events? How many times have they evaded death at the hands of the best troops the enemy has to offer? Battle of Endor? How convenient is it for a portion of the shields of the Executor to go down at the PERFECT time when an A-Wing is already spiraling to its destruction? How many times is Revan thought of as dead or alive?

Are you telling me that the Force guides a brand new X-Wing pilot's torpedoes to perfectly travel down the Death Star's exhaust port on his first and only volley?

But a military leader cannot be shown as supreme in his field of expertise with good old fashioned guile, planning, and "out of the box" thinking?

Life will go on without Revan I am sure , after all he is a very small character in TOR compared to the others but who knows anymore . I think Malgus was killed a little prematurely !

I honestly don't think Malgus actually died,

don't you watch movies? Being defeated in a way that makes no body turn up

always means that the person in question always returns very much alive :p

Agreed. Master Chief would get pwned in the face by Kyle Katarn. :D

Well obviously Katarn would be able to. I mean c'mon! :D

Master Chief is a hack and a Space Marine wanabe. He doesn't even enter into the equation.

So Commander Shepard is invincible but Master Chief isn't?

No.

Edited by Rohanshot

Well obviously Katarn would be able to. I mean c'mon! :D

So Commander Shepard is invincible but Master Chief isn't?

No.

Seeing as how Commander Shepard and the whole Mass Effect universe wasn't completely ripped off (and badly at that) from the Warhammer 40K universe like the SPARTAN project was? Yea.

Edited by Aximand

Lord Vitiate has a really good personality once you analyze it. Dark, creepy, mysterious. It's all a really good combination. The fact that there is a lot that is deliberately kept in the dark about him is even better.

I'd put him at a 7.5/10 good but could use some more qualitities that make him les one-dimensional.

Seeing as how Commander Shepard and the whole Mass Effect universe wasn't completely ripped off (and badly at that) from the Warhammer 40K universe like the SPARTAN project was? Yea.

So just the fact that SPARTAN's and Space Marines are both genetically enhanced supersoldiers that operate as OP SpecOps makes Halo a ripoff?

How can you even say anything is a ripoff of Warhammer 40K when 40k is just a Gears of War ripoff. You can tell right away...

Lord Vitiate has a really good personality once you analyze it. Dark, creepy, mysterious. It's all a really good combination. The fact that there is a lot that is deliberately kept in the dark about him is even better.

I'd put him at a 7.5/10 good but could use some more qualitities that make him les one-dimensional.

So just the fact that SPARTAN's and Space Marines are both genetically enhanced supersoldiers that operate as OP SpecOps makes Halo a ripoff?

How can you even say anything is a ripoff of Warhammer 40K when 40k is just a Gears of War ripoff. You can tell right away...

Seeing as how 40K came out almost twenty years before Gears of War (nineteen to be precise), I'd doubt that.

Also, if you read the creation process of a Space Marine, and what they go through, and then go read the creation process of the SPARTAN project, yea, its pretty blatant.

Seeing as how 40K came out almost twenty years before Gears of War (nineteen to be precise), I'd doubt that.

Also, if you read the creation process of a Space Marine, and what they go through, and then go read the creation process of the SPARTAN project, yea, its pretty blatant.

Sorry I meant Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

And so? Years of intense physical conditioning followed by either genetic augumentations or cybernetic augumentations. Borrowing aspects from a past franchises and applying it in a later franchise doesn't make it a ripoff. Now if Spartan's were super bulky, had chainsaw weapons, and giant armor, then it would be a different story...but it isn't.

Sorry I meant Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

And so? Years of intense physical conditioning followed by either genetic augumentations or cybernetic augumentations. Borrowing aspects from a past franchises and applying it in a later franchise doesn't make it a ripoff. Now if Spartan's were super bulky, had chainsaw weapons, and giant armor, then it would be a different story...but it isn't.

As far as Gears and Space Marine go, you really can't do a Third Person Shooter too many different ways, and Space Marine's combat is actually really different than Gears of War. In Gears you take cover, try to avoid direct LOS from the enemies and only engage in close combat when you need to.

In Space Marine, you want to get into close combat, you actually need to get into close combat in order to be the most effective you can. You don't even get the option to take cover in SM as opposed to GoW where cover is pretty much a necessity. Not to mention if you don't do your combos right, if you don't time everything very well, if you don't kill enough enemies, you won't survive. You don't just get your health back by staying out of combat in SM, you need to kill things to heal. The game play is very different from your average TPS.

Lets see.

Taken at a very young age? Check

Need to fit a specific physical profile? Check

Need to fit a specific psychological profile? Check

Absolutely brutal training that leaves most candidates disfigured or dead? Check

Genetic and Cybernetic enhancements to make the candidates post human super soldiers? Check

Very few of them (relatively) because not only are they hard to produce but at the most recent point in the timeline the tech is largely unavailable (for various reasons)? Check

One of them is enough to generally change the course of an entire battle? Check

Outfitted with the best arms and armor, some of which is completely unavailable to other branches of the military? Check

I could go on for more if I brought up the respective Wikis, but Bungie wasn't subtle at all with where they got their ideas from.

But we're derailing the crap out of this thread, so we should probably stop.

Edited by Aximand

As far as Gears and Space Marine go, you really can't do a Third Person Shooter too many different ways, and Space Marine's combat is actually really different than Gears of War. In Gears you take cover, try to avoid direct LOS from the enemies and only engage in close combat when you need to.

In Space Marine, you want to get into close combat, you actually need to get into close combat in order to be the most effective you can. You don't even get the option to take cover in SM as opposed to GoW where cover is pretty much a necessity. Not to mention if you don't do your combos right, if you don't time everything very well, if you don't kill enough enemies, you won't survive. You don't just get your health back by staying out of combat in SM, you need to kill things to heal. The game play is very different from your average TPS.

Lets see.

Taken at a very young age? Check

Need to fit a specific physical profile? Check

Need to fit a specific psychological profile? Check

Absolutely brutal training that leaves most candidates disfigured or dead? Check

Genetic and Cybernetic enhancements to make the candidates post human super soldiers? Check

Very few of them (relatively) because not only are they hard to produce but at the most recent point in the timeline the tech is largely unavailable (for various reasons)? Check

One of them is enough to generally change the course of an entire battle? Check

Outfitted with the best arms and armor, some of which is completely unavailable to other branches of the military? Check

I could go on for more if I brought up the respective Wikis, but Bungie wasn't subtle at all with where they got their ideas from.

But we're derailing the crap out of this thread, so we should probably stop.

Fine but one last comment.

Simply because Halo resembles 40K in the nature of its Super Soldiers does not make them a ripoff. Bungie noticed the Space Marines, and made a version of them for Halo. Advanced super soldiers taken from birth going through deadly training, given the best weapons and armor, and given god like abilities. Calling Halo a ripoff when the stories, characters, events, and enemies are diffenent is invalid.