Yavin 4 and the Sith?

Anonemous

Yavin 4 was the site of temples built in ancient times by a coward of a Sith Lord - Sadow - who ran away when his empire crumbled around him.

I don't see any reason why Palpatine and Darth Vader would consider them worth preserving, given that they adhere to the Rule of Two established four thousand years after Naga Sadow's death, which is an entirely different Sith existence altogether.

A common problem with Star Wars and it's lore that spans thousands of years. When EP 1 was made, the temples there had no lore whatsoever to them, they were just random stone structures. Trying to find a reason for anything relating to them is pointless in the context of the movies.

Also the temples on Yavin4 contained the living spirit of Exar Kuun, the emperor (if he knew) would have wanted to get rid of him as a rival, and a threat to his plans.

There is always possibility that some...i dont wanna be rude...misplaced guy can try to free him.

Then Republic and Empire both will have a problem to solve, especially for an Emperors Wrath.

I don't see any reason why Palpatine and Darth Vader would consider them worth preserving, given that they adhere to the Rule of Two established four thousand years after Naga Sadow's death, which is an entirely different Sith existence altogether.

I feel like Naga Sadow's tomb can prove incredibly useful, however. If I remember right, the force users that visited his tomb came out incredibly powerful. Powerful enough to start a war and challenge the Republic. If anything, they should preserve it, obtain the knowledge, and then just say that their ways were ancient and the Rule of Two is much more efficient.

A place a seemingly cultural significance to the Sith, yet the Empire was permitted to blow it up with the Death Star. What's up with that?:csw_deathstar_un:

The problem is that in 1977, when the movie came out, it was just a place the rebels found. It was only fifteen years later when the EU gave Yavin 4 "cultural significance" that you come up with your question.

I'm aware the lore hadn't been written when the movie came out. I was just wondering if their were a reasonable in-universe excuse for their actions. Perhaps Tarkin was going against the Emperors wishes, and Vader wasn't in a position to do anything or just wasn't Sith enough to care about the temples. He does seem to be pretty emotionally repressed. Edited by Anonemous

I'm aware the lore hadn't been written when the movie came out. I was just wondering if their were a reasonable in-universe excuse for their actions. Perhaps Tarkin was going against the Emperors wishes, and Vader wasn't in a position to do anything or just wasn't Sith enough to care about the temples. He does seem to be pretty emotionally repressed.

You might want to take a different look at it, did Vader and Palpatine even know what those temples were? It seems the Sith lose so much of their history between every rise and fall of the empire. Planets names change or disappear even from the jedhi archives too.

I feel like Naga Sadow's tomb can prove incredibly useful, however.

I don't. The Empire was about to use it's big planet sized space station to vaporize a planet that housed the leaders of the rebellion. That was far more useful and relevant to their immediate goals at the time. Sacrifices needed to be made. Death Star takes out the Rebels > Ancient Sith tombs and Naga Sadow's legacy.

Edited by SnoggyMack