So Bored now

-Bob-

I find this game completely boring.

The current gear grind, perpetuated by 5.2 has left me bored out of my mind with pvp. It is starting to irritate me the same way pve does. Bad teams of people with no concept or care of the objectives compel me to leave the matches out of frustration. For me personally, I dont feel there is any redemption for this game in the realm of PVP. It has fallen too far and gravity has taken it's hold, there is no escape.

Anyone else feel the same way or similar?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of unassembled components just to get tier 4, is ********, i barely got full tier 3, now i need to get teir 4? and its even LONGER? ***.

I'm seeing alot of(bad republic players with no lives apparently) already in full 248s from apparently saving a **** ton of crates( i just hit lvl rank 300 so i only had 16 saved and i don't even have 2 pieces of teir 3!), what makes it even worse is that they're so bad at the game its mind blowing how they manage to get a computer, install swtor, create and account and get to lvl 70.

it feels like this game is aimed towards people who don't have jobs with all this grinding crap.

I miss the old days where i'd be lvling my alt and saving my warzone comms to buy half my pvp set when i hit max lvl, all i do is PVP and its getting worser.

Edited by JCDentonLOCO

I've noticed that i mostly just log in and afk/switch between chars trying to decide a main, since alt-ing isn't much of an option if you want to gear. And since i can't pick one of my characters and basically delete rest of them, that leaves me miles behind in gearing (not a single char in full 242 nor at gc rank 300 and these guys decided to drop even higher gear in game) and being miles behind in gearing takes my motivation/interest to play.

And also, the really overtuned mercs and snipers takes interest away. Especially for me since i pretty much play only melee characters, which means im 70% slowed a whole warzone if im at mid. (inb4 some bs, mercs and snipers aren't op, you can beat one sniper with two sins. Just l2p your class and rotation)

Canceled sub too sometime ago.

Edit: Oh and one other thing too. What's up with all these ridiculous defensives and healing? Who the **** enjoys a 7v7 at mid where no one dies or is even close to death? (and think about those poor offnode guards, waiting for pop just to get to afk a 30min match) Like what the **** for reals? Only way winning a game is spam capping. Killing enemy players so you can cap isnt an option. Heal sorcs are way too good, and if you manage to make one bubble/mez (without some mong breaking the mez) you can't still kill anyone bcos they have godly defensives waiting. Imo keep PT survivability as it is, and bring literally all other classes down. Why keep buffing over and over again just to make a 30min stalemate? I bet no one likes those games.

Edited by Kirpputori

It's amazing how much of a joykill the CXP grind is. Especially once you're in T3, where it already sucks for your main, and have passed all the green crap residue from that grind off to alts. At that point the alts are are all in 238, which makes their GC crates *even more* pointless than before. I got a set piece on an alt the other night and almost disintegrated it because it was much worse than the detritus he was wearing handed down from my main. Thrill of the Hunt!

I'm trying so hard to ignore it. I came back to the game a few months ago but its so hard to ignore the grind when the devs added yet a new tier of gear (which IMO was NOT needed) making the gear gap a lot worse. Now PvP is full of Imps with 130k+ HP, and I play this game a lot but I also love to PvP on alts and I feel like I'm basically punished for wanting to play other characters and not solely on one toon.

Part of me wants to take another break. Idk if I need to leave indefinitely. I've found 2 great small PvP guilds, I'd hate to stop talking to them and I'd hate to leave yet again (my last and as of now only break was 2 years long), but with how 5.2 turned out and the gear gap getting bigger and bigger it's really discouraging to continue. Playing feels more like a chore, virtually no PvP content to consider staying long-term.

I'm gonna try to wait for the new SWTOR Producer to post his roadmap to see how things will be for the rest of the year. If there isn't a radical overhaul of GC, this ridiculous grind becomes more mundane and the gear gap will just get worse with new gear caps every few months, I can't say I'll be remaining a subscriber.

I miss the days of 2.0 when melee actually had a chance against ranged, when PvP servers actually mattered and WPvP, while not promoted, was still encouraged, and the gear grind was actually pretty decent.

Edited by Talon_strikes

I'm with you, OP. This grind is unbelievably tedious. All I do is PvP (well, 99% of the time) and this has taken just about all the fun out of it. I'm on Harbinger and low and mid brackets are practically dead. 70's pop routinely throughout the day, but the gear disparity makes it a drag. And it seems Bio has no intention of reversing on this debacle. It's becoming, to me, not even worth 15 bucks a month to sub.

I was also bored. So bored in fact, I began to make gameplay videos to entertain myself and my friends. You could try that, give obs a download and mess around with it and make some videos. It helps relieve some of the monotony :)

The great thing about swtor pvp was how all classes were pretty easy to pick up and play rather well (assuming you are a decent player/etc.). The easy gearing system for alts and how pvp'ing on any char gave you the same progress towards gearing whatever char you wanted as well as the 4 level gear gap (i.e. 204 was so easy to get that it was really more of a 4 level gear gap for even casual players) made it so that you could play whatever class at whatever time without feeling gimped.

You could even pvp in ranked on chars you had less experience with since the only difference was skill and not gear.

However, in 5.1 and 5.2 if I play on any of my chars below 300 it doesn't really give me anything. Even on those chars I would be better off playing my 300 so that I could send them gear. This means I really feel stuck on my 300 class that I really only got to 300 because I felt I had to and I am already rather bored on it.

Regs without matchmaking are just boring. There are very few even matches. If I make a premade it doesn't help since the matches will still not be even. So most of what I do is ranked. I would like to do ranked on several other chars but the gear gap makes it even more challenging since I haven't played them since 5.0 (or earlier).

I was able to get my 208 geared dps sorcs to gold because I played a lot on sorc and I was decent enough on it to play well even with crap gear. I was able to get my reroll mercs to gold in 208 since merc is OP. However, if I want to play one of my other 208 chars I will be at a major disadvantage since I will be at a 10 level gear gap and at an experience gap as well.

Also, if these were the only downsides to playing them I would still do it and just tough it out. However, playing on them will get me nowhere in gearing for any of my chars and be far less effective than playing my 300 char I'm extremely bored on.

In fact I'm so bored on my dps sorc that I've gone from over 1800 to under 1700 since I just can't make myself even care enough anymore. I'm trying to play well but I am just not and I know it. But to make matters worse I can't stand playing too many regs and I don't have another char near 300 so I'm just stuck banging my head against the wall in yolo.

The only thing that keeps me playing is the hope that I'll have enough gear to gear my sorcs and mercs in 246 and then be able to send at least 244/246 gear to my next ranked char. However, it seems like this will be a long ways off and I'm worried I'll get burned out and quit before then. I'm already playing less.

The amount of unassembled components just to get tier 4, is ********, i barely got full tier 3, now i need to get teir 4? and its even LONGER? ***.

I'm seeing alot of(bad republic players with no lives apparently) already in full 248s from apparently saving a **** ton of crates( i just hit lvl rank 300 so i only had 16 saved and i don't even have 2 pieces of teir 3!), what makes it even worse is that they're so bad at the game its mind blowing how they manage to get a computer, install swtor, create and account and get to lvl 70.

it feels like this game is aimed towards people who don't have jobs with all this grinding crap.

I miss the old days where i'd be lvling my alt and saving my warzone comms to buy half my pvp set when i hit max lvl, all i do is PVP and its getting worser.

I haven't even got tier 2 yet. There needs to be more components dropped for pvp or they need to change something.

this rng system is absolutely garbage and to have it you have to pay a sub..

i can't pay anymore to have access to a stupid system that just kills the game.

The only things they will understand is to stop paying, that's all, it's the only thing they care.

iokath maj is nothing more than the following of a gear race.

-open pvp ? lol

- content? 1h and go dailies i'll just never do !

imbalance is so huge, mercs are OP, and sorc heal is just ruining warzones.

10 days remaining i will never continue my sub for this, it's the only thing a customer can do to show he's not happy. they are slave of money, i stop feeding them.

Edited by Thaladan

I'm trying so hard to ignore it. I came back to the game a few months ago but its so hard to ignore the grind when the devs added yet a new tier of gear (which IMO was NOT needed) making the gear gap a lot worse. Now PvP is full of Imps with 130k+ HP, and I play this game a lot but I also love to PvP on alts and I feel like I'm basically punished for wanting to play other characters and not solely on one toon.

Part of me wants to take another break. Idk if I need to leave indefinitely. I've found 2 great small PvP guilds, I'd hate to stop talking to them and I'd hate to leave yet again (my last and as of now only break was 2 years long), but with how 5.2 turned out and the gear gap getting bigger and bigger it's really discouraging to continue. Playing feels more like a chore, virtually no PvP content to consider staying long-term.

I'm gonna try to wait for the new SWTOR Producer to post his roadmap to see how things will be for the rest of the year. If there isn't a radical overhaul of GC, this ridiculous grind becomes more mundane and the gear gap will just get worse with new gear caps every few months, I can't say I'll be remaining a subscriber.

I miss the days of 2.0 when melee actually had a chance against ranged, when PvP servers actually mattered and WPvP, while not promoted, was still encouraged, and the gear grind was actually pretty decent.

This sums my position up pretty well.

I re-subbed for 5.2 after a couple months off but only for one month...Once that month is up I will not continue to play unless the new Producer's Roadmap cuts to the chase and has actual solutions to the current problems.

They have set out two major patches trying to FIX the current system...both failed, I think it's time to admit its not going to fly and move forward with a major change to set gearing back to a similar style/pace as 4.0. Sure keep the command system and crates but remove all gearing from the crates...It should only be an incentive system (which would also mean putting something worthwhile in the crates not just garbage like currently).

And set up a regular content schedule that includes a diverse range of content at each release. If they can't do this they have no business running this game. Just shut it down before you destroy Biowares reputation for good, you can't really hurt EA's reputation it's already horrible.

Edited by Soljin

I’ve re-subbe10 days ago for 60 days being a bit excited with Locath patch coming out, but I’ve got way too bored to try it after 2-3 days. I did not even launch the game to install 5.2 yet. My main is around GC lvl 150 (which I’ve reached in February when I had previous sub), other stealthies are around 30-40, all in old 208 pvp sets. I can’t devote much time to grind, and so I switched to mids for a bit, but pops for mids are too long now. So the last time I logged in I was practicing on a wz dummie for about 20 minutes thinking what I would like to do and decided that it should be trying another Nefalem Portal in D3 with a friend while discussing “Better Call Saul” new season.

This sums my position up pretty well.

I think it's time to admit its not going to fly and move forward with a major change to set gearing back to a similar style/pace as 4.0. .

Now 4.0 seems like a golden age of PvP despite all its flaws like sorc rule (which I was ok with as long as there were less than 4 on a team)...

:(

SWTOR used to be my priority game but I'm afraid it is no more and I hardly see myself continuing unless something changes at least in gearing system.

Edited by zhezvya

I find this game completely boring.

The current gear grind, perpetuated by 5.2 has left me bored out of my mind with pvp. It is starting to irritate me the same way pve does. Bad teams of people with no concept or care of the objectives compel me to leave the matches out of frustration

Agree with this 100% i love pvp its the only thing that keeps me interested in this game. But the amount of braindead zombies that play regs its seems more and more that all the veterans have left. Alot of noobs and scrubs have replaced them with no clue other then that "CHASE KILLS" and getting high DPS aka number farming with no care about objectives.

For example... 2 people call for help g... 6 people on mid all go to grass to help and abandon mid... On novare coast you got 5 people defending south.... still 3-4 players cap south... because people chase kills and dps. Dont bother at all to intterupt. Or chase enemies half across the map and abandon guarding etc. Or how broken sniper's probe is and gamebreaking. Happened countless time and when i instruct via chat i get called arrogant or i should shut up.

This has forced me to play RANKED: as someone who loves play melee i get slaugheter by snipers with their 57 different dcds and pushback and mercs NET (combined with their range and countles dcds) which is so gamebreaking if you dont have all your dcds you easily get globalled. Iam only playing a few more days to get enough season 8 token then iam out. I could care less for grindin a full 248 set (are you kidding with this current class balance?) Iam taking a long break for a few months the whole summer. Untill class balanced is fixed already cancelled my sub 2 weeks ago. The total disregard for class balance showed by devs in latest stream (it has gone 5 months since 5.0 dropped) just was very dissapointed. Shows to me these devs have no clue about the actual game. I can live with the gearing system since what would take 1 month now takes 2 months. But the class balance just sucks the life and enjoyment out of everything.

Edited by assatrap

I just opened the 214 crates in storage, and got a total of 4 level 242 items of which 2 were duplicates. Yes I know the system is different now with 5.2 and those were "old" packs, but it still remains a clusterf*** beyond any it has ever been. My main is now equipped with 7-8 pieces of 242, 2 pieces of 248, 1-2 pieces of purple 246 and various level 244 blue mods and enhancement. It's beyond confusing, and my desire to level any other toon is zero.

They need to scrap this system entirely and streamline this, but I guess it's better to put out some cartel market skins...

Edited by Lundorff

I feel the same. I love pvp and since 5.0 I have been doing lot of pve , that I dont really enjoy much , but I was trying to get my 242 gear faster.

So when I finally got almost all my 242 gear, I was kind of relief and happy, thinking it was time to enjoy again the game just doing what I like , i mean pvp. ..... but then they decided to add Tier 4, so I have to start all the process again.

And who knows if once i get 248 gear they decided to add a Tier 5

I am tired of this, It is really frustrating , and boring!

I dont enjoy at all this gear process long and complicated, I just want, play pvp with an easy and fast gear system,like in 4.0, where player skills counts and not gear.

Well as for PVP people yes, I can imagine you are bored as world PVP is dead, warzones are the same and we have newer and newer players (who are bad) since veterans are leaving.

The peole that go with the game now are mainly players that play more parts of the game, like PVP, PVE and GSF, then you have stuff to do.

Regarding gear, I had 3 toons at rank 300 but not a lot of cxp packs as i dont play a lot. Still i got 2000 components from GSF on 2 toons so by doing HM ops I got 242s, which i updgraded to to 248 easily. Ops in combination with PVP gives you 248s fast so gear is no issue, even for alts now.

However, as for a PVP player only, yes i get you.....

The flaw I see is that casual players are being punished and people who have hours to burn all week grinding are rewarded. The current setup increases the barrier to entry and is the reason why people don't like MMOs.

The current set up is not new player friendly nor is it veteran friendly. at 9 level 65+ characters I am in a position (as are many) to choose which character out of all I will play given the amount of time I have to play this game.

As it happens since that is discouraging I play the game even less which exacerbates the issue...

It's not good for keeping people playing for the most part. Of course there are those who play 6 plus hours a day and are fine with the system...but even these days they are certainly the minority.

Whelp so much for my plan to buy 246 gear. Tier 4 crafting has been deferred to some unspecified future update. A few people REd and are making armorings but hilts barrels and so on require mats not yet in the game, apparently.

It is unbelievable but the release quality is actually decreasing even after the 5.1 debacle. Incredible.

Whelp so much for my plan to buy 246 gear. Tier 4 crafting has been deferred to some unspecified future update. A few people REd and are making armorings but hilts barrels and so on require mats not yet in the game, apparently.

It is unbelievable but the release quality is actually decreasing even after the 5.1 debacle. Incredible.

New Producer's Road map letter to the community:

SWToR is scheduled to shut down all servers on December 31st of 2017. From now until then there will be no new game content released. We will continue to release Cartel Market items until November 31st. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your game time.

Or at least I would not be surprised...

Edited by Soljin

i totally agree mate, its silly almost to the point of un subbing. i have work 6 till 4 then when i get home i aint got time to just come on this game with the wife and baby. i guess i get say 1 hour a night if im lucky. oh well only another 50 years and i might just get tier 4 gear.