Focused Defense and Poison?

Evolixe

So I just had an arena, my team got destroyed and I had the oppertunity to sneak away with my shadow.

2 of their players were left alive, both Juggernaughts.

So right about when the poison hits the middle i zap one and stun the other while i start poking him. By the time I got him to 70% and he got out of the stun i managed to force wave the both of them right before phase walking away without taking a punch.

Yet.. when I die, both of them are still at 50%... The only possible explaination i have is a massive bug with FD.

Edited by Evolixe

Holy s**t these responses are pathetic. Someone exposes a bug and gets flamed. F**k you guys.

Don't be a *********** *****... A shadow/sin complaining about how the acid didn't work right for them is the absolute epitome of irony, and he 100% got what he deserved...

Don't be a *********** *****... A shadow/sin complaining about how the acid didn't work right for them is the absolute epitome of irony, and he 100% got what he deserved...

The acid mechanic isn't the best, but if what he's saying is true, this needs to be addressed....... Only bads complain about getting 1v2ed and such by sins in acid.

I didn't post this to show off how well i solo'd the 2 of them. I posted this to expose a bug.

Keep the comments in front of you will you.

Unless you actually have something to add to the topic of this bug, your presence here is unwanted.

The acid mechanic isn't the best, but if what he's saying is true, this needs to be addressed....... Only bads complain about getting 1v2ed and such by sins in acid.

I hate sins, but the dude is right, it's not his job to stand there and die like an idiot.

The new jugg CD isn't supposed to heal them in acid.

Holy s**t these responses are pathetic. Someone exposes a bug and gets flamed. F**k you guys.

i posted a bug that showed u can get into the arena during intermission twice and both my threads got deleted so yeah this isnt the place for bugs use the ticket thing

I'll go back and reread where you said I was complaining about sins and 1v2... I'll look closely but I just don't remember saying it... What I did say was that a sin complaining about the acid was ironic, which it is... L2read maybe...

I'll go back and reread where you said I was complaining about sins and 1v2... I'll look closely but I just don't remember saying it... What I did say was that a sin complaining about the acid was ironic, which it is... L2read maybe...

No you did not specifically complain about that, but your post was reminiscent of such a complaint. Your tone is one of butthurt-ness towards sins and the acid.

Why the f**k I become bastard when I'm trying to bring rating to my team? I do this with my shadow, and I completely understand when some op/sins do the same. This is a competition, competition for rewards and it's fair to use all "legal" methods. If you don't have time - go play huttball.

Btw focused defence healing in the acid is not fair, I don't even say this skill is overpowered.

Edited by DerSchneider

Why the f**k I become bastard when I'm trying to bring rating to my team? I did this with my shadow, and I completely understand when some op/sins do the same. This is a competition, competition for rewards and it's fair to use all "legal" methods. If you don't have time - go play huttball.

Btw focused defence healing in the acid is not fair, I don't even say this skill is overpowered.

Focused defense is not bugged if it does that, it heals on damage taken. Any damage. You get no sympathy - you defend your actions of stealthing to force SD by saying it's a legal means of victory. The Juggs were also using LEGAL MEANS of surviving just a bit longer in SD, and with smash requiring a target now, Warriors are the only class with no means of finding a sin. ED has a 2 minute cooldown - that is a long time to make them wait. Sorry, but you did deserve it. There's no bug here.

Just... The irony. In one breath you say your action was "fair" and yet when it fails to cheese a victory out of a deserved defeat, the entirely expected way they dealt with it gets called "not fair." Hilarious.

Edited by Vid-szhite

I hate sins, but the dude is right, it's not his job to stand there and die like an idiot.

If it had not been for enraged defense, that's exactly what the Juggs would have been doing - standing there and dying like idiots, when their team was clearly superior.

The new jugg CD isn't supposed to heal them in acid.

It heals on damage taken. Of course it should. Perhaps the acid ticks hard enough that the heal won't even outdo each tick, but the heal counters the brunt of the damage and would allow them to last just a few more seconds. What's the problem here? They probably also used WZ medpac and endure pain - are those not supposed to heal you in acid either?

Edited by Vid-szhite

It heals on damage taken. Of course it should. Perhaps the acid ticks hard enough that the heal won't even outdo each tick, but the heal counters the brunt of the damage and would allow them to last just a few more seconds. What's the problem here? They probably also used WZ medpac and endure pain - are those not supposed to heal you in acid either?

You play this game? The acid blocks all healing- medpacks and endure pain don't work after it touches you. Neither should enraged defense. The scrubs in this thread man.

Lol, sir. Welcome to SWTOR.

Protip: The acid is meant to block all incoming healing from every source.

When that doesn't happen, that's a bug. And that is why this thread is here.

Because they shouldn't have been recieving healing in that acid.

Lol, sir. Welcome to SWTOR.

Protip: The acid is meant to block all incoming healing from every source.

When that doesn't happen, that's a bug. And that is why this thread is here.

Because they shouldn't have been recieving healing in that acid.

There's apparently too much stealther hate to discuss a bug.

I can sympathize. Assassin burst is too high. Bio**** just handed them another stun. The white damage buff hands them 10k + mauls, constantly. Stealth and sap are ridiculous, and the class needs a fat nerf.

That doesn't change the fact that ED heals through acid. It shouldn't.

Focused defense is not bugged if it does that, it heals on damage taken. Any damage. You get no sympathy - you defend your actions of stealthing to force SD by saying it's a legal means of victory. The Juggs were also using LEGAL MEANS of surviving just a bit longer in SD, and with smash requiring a target now, Warriors are the only class with no means of finding a sin. ED has a 2 minute cooldown - that is a long time to make them wait. Sorry, but you did deserve it. There's no bug here.

Just... The irony. In one breath you say your action was "fair" and yet when it fails to cheese a victory out of a deserved defeat, the entirely expected way they dealt with it gets called "not fair." Hilarious.

lol here's your jester cap keep dancing like a fool for my amusement.

Assassin burst is too high. Bio**** just handed them another stun. The white damage buff hands them 10k + mauls, constantly. Stealth and sap are ridiculous, and the class needs a fat nerf.

Nope? Knockdown already was functional stun, and not OP in group 4s so who cares.

No you did not specifically complain about that, but your post was reminiscent of such a complaint. Your tone is one of butthurt-ness towards sins and the acid.

My only problem with the acid is it turns matches that should be over in 1-1/2 minutes into >5 minute matches, and nothing is really gained because the sin/op almost always still dies first...

My only problem with the acid is it turns matches that should be over in 1-1/2 minutes into >5 minute matches, and nothing is really gained because the sin/op almost always still dies first...

Sure, acid's not the best system. It's even worse if jugs can use enraged defense while in it.