Force Shroud and whatever it is called on Rep Side is broken.

Scriffle

Whenever I hit Force Shroud i'm still getting hit by attacks. I'm dying while i have shroud on...

Does anyone else have these problems or am I just imagining this bug??

Shroud / Resilience suffer a 5% chance to suffer damage/effects despite its tooltip. Something to do with game mechanics providing players a 5% chance to always hit.

Again, the same issue exists rep and imp side

It only only helps against force/tech and even then there is a 5% chance for it to hit through (even though this is BS since dodge works fine and it's a lot more than 5% imo) so weapon based attacks like ravage or executes will still hit you.

It only only helps against force/tech and even then there is a 5% chance for it to hit through (even though this is BS since dodge works fine and it's a lot more than 5% imo) so weapon based attacks like ravage or executes will still hit you.

Part of what makes dodge more effective than shroud is the way that base accuracy is calculated in this game. Base melee/ranged accuracy is 90% so even with gear and talents most PvP players sit at 95-98% accuracy, so anything with +100% melee/ranged defense is going to cause a 100% miss rate. By contrast base force/tech accuracy is 100% so most players have 100-108% base accuracy of this type. Therefore they have a continued chance to hit when facing shroud.

never hit someone in sorcery barrier 5% sooooo.....

Sorc barrier functions differently. In the tooltip it states it is immunity to damage and thus grants +200% defense. There is no chance to penetrate it.

Part of what makes dodge more effective than shroud is the way that base accuracy is calculated in this game. Base melee/ranged accuracy is 90% so even with gear and talents most PvP players sit at 95-98% accuracy, so anything with +100% melee/ranged defense is going to cause a 100% miss rate. By contrast base force/tech accuracy is 100% so most players have 100-108% base accuracy of this type. Therefore they have a continued chance to hit when facing shroud.

90% is only for basic attack, everything else is at 100% basic accuracy.

Shroud also grants 200% defense. It is broken.

I had a question on that before which was never answerd.

Is the tooltip for Force Shroud or the character sheet bugged ?

(tooltip says 100%, character sheet says 200%)

Was there any actual testing on this ?

Edited by znihilist

For some reason they like abilities to have RNG elements. Its not only resilience. Most every class has something that won't be 100% reliable barring bad luck.

I understand having RNG be a factor in the damage/healing. Even having some procs being luck based can give rotations some flavor. Its horrible design when it comes to hit and miss mechanics and defensives.

Shroud also grants 200% defense. It is broken.

If it is indeed intended to give +200% defense then it is definitely broken, because it currently only grants +100%. We need someone to send the dev's a screenshot of a combat log showing shroud failing in this manner and get confirmation of whether the tool tip or effect is broken.

Because evasion is SO not useful. What better to troll warriors with who try to ravage you?

A warrior has more capability of damaging an operative with evasion then an assassin with shroud, and that's doubly true for every other class.