Punish people that leave WZ!

okkestarwars

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single time i enter a wz people leave as soon as its not a clear win, we need a deserter debuff or this will continue. People who do this should by all means be flogged or at least be publicly humiliated!

We should also be able to kick people from WZ if they're AFK, trolling or terrible. Thus eliminating some of the reasons people leave games to begin with.

Otherwise you're saying I should get punished for the fact that I got matched with someone who's AFK or trolling.

Edited by deltaminus

Still i hate quitters, they should at least have 15 min deserter locking them out for joining any wz. Exploiters is a whole other thread, i talking about maggots that leaves a match 1 min in it.

People leave games for a variety of reasons.

They don't like their team mates.

Their team mates are fresh 50s that didn't even bother go upgrade their gear to level 50 items via mods/enhancements/armoring.

They know their team mates aren't good.

They have an afk.

They have a troll on their team, for example someone that brings the Huttball to their own end and then passes it to an enemy.

Etc, etc, etc.

I shouldn't have to wait to reque based on any and all of the above.

People leave games for a variety of reasons.

They don't like their team mates.

Their team mates are fresh 50s that didn't even bother go upgrade their gear to level 50 items via mods/enhancements/armoring.

They know their team mates aren't good.

They have an afk.

They have a troll on their team, for example someone that brings the Huttball to their own end and then passes it to an enemy.

Etc, etc, etc.

I shouldn't have to wait to reque based on any and all of the above.

wow your a real teamplayer =) Make it work thats life pal, if everyone quits you just shafts the entire team aswell as making someone new enter a already started wz. You think thats better?

wow your a real teamplayer =) Make it work thats life pal, if everyone quits you just shafts the entire team aswell as making someone new enter a already started wz. You think thats better?

That is me making it work. What does my being able to identify failures have to do with being a team player? Oh right, it means I'm able to identify who I'd like to have on my team and who I wouldn't. I've played DotA, WoW and LoL amongst many other team based games for YEARS. So I've had years of practice identifying what sorts of players will be of no benefit to me.

Having 12k hp and no expertise isn't exactly helping your team. AFKing in a corner, no benefit from that either. Giving the ball to the enemy, in your own end, that didn't benefit your team either.

I think it's better that I make the best use of my time.

You want to punish people for leaving games, fine. But let me be able to kick bads and afkers from games as well. *** for tat.

Edited by deltaminus

Every single time i enter a wz people leave as soon as its not a clear win, we need a deserter debuff or this will continue. People who do this should by all means be flogged or at least be publicly humiliated!

what about not play with them anymore ?

what about not play with them anymore ?

This is not possible on a low pop server. Since we don't have cross server wzs were stuck playing with the same people over and over again and even worse playing against the same people over and over again who in the worst case scenario also happen to be the most overgeared. It's great having nice talks with the people I meet but gameplay wise its absolutely atroicious. Getting into the same game with the same people wouldnt be too bad if the roles were a bit more widespread, but every game, I see jedis/troopers all of the same adv class and usually all dps as well. I'm more of the odd ones in the group being vanguard but actually tank speced. If were lucky we have about 1 healer otherwise we don't, even worse the only ones capable of healing are dps speced meaning that if they even go out of their way to heal to help the team they probably would help even less because its just not effective. Have had a jedi sage asking me in the chat, should I try healing then and I told him well thats up to you. Then someone else mentioned I hope xxxx comes online soon so he can heal, lol and I was like facepalming, but I could only agree because it's true.

Conversely on the sith side, you see tons of sith inquistors which I don't mind but the side effect is all of them could be potential healers, even if they arent they can offheal or shield.

And the actuall healing SI are a pain in the *** like any other healer, but at least they have plenty of potential healers. We have 1 if were luck.

At some point Ill roll imp chars to enjoy their story and also divulge in the pvp.

But if the pvp happens to be so one sided that I'd end up considering to only pvp as an imp than that be sad state of affairs.

I support this, getting home after a long day and trying to get the daily done only to get several matches in a row consist of half a team because everyone is leaving and joining continuesly is annoying as hell.

Adding a deserter debuff (and a way to kick AFK players out) would vastly improve warzone PvP.

( Also I'd rather have a full team of people in bad gear that want to win then one of people in battlemaster who are going to quit anyway as soon as we're a point behind. I've had various matches where it came close but we lost and most of my team were still content as we played well and had an exciting game.)

Edited by Mordresh

This is a good idea , maybe a 15min debuff (around the same time has the war zone takes). I would also recommend adding a couple seconds to the timer that kicks you from the war zone. I loaded in a void star a couple times and got kicked due to the door not opening in time lol

Punishing leaving more than not giving rewards is only going to cause mass AFK which is even worse.

If someone doesn't want to endure a lost fight with stupid teammates, it's their right to leave and let someone else enter who might not be necessarily after the win and just want to play.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Punishing leaving more than not giving rewards is only going to cause mass AFK which is even worse.

That's why they should also add an easy way to kick AFK players.

If someone doesn't want to endure a lost fight with stupid teammates, it's their right to leave and let someone else enter who might not be necessarily after the win and just want to play.

If you're continuesly dropping out of matches in the hope of joining a winning team, you are the stupid teammate. Having a subpar team might make you lose the match, but having a team with half the players dropping out guarantees a lost match.

Also I can pretty much guarantee that nobody "just wants to play," if that means getting into a losing match that's half done and only has half a team. Weak excuse.

I became a warzone quitter in this game becouse:

Im *********** sick of constantly losing battles becouse alot of nerds come in with 11k hp.

Ok, eveybody have to start somewhere but make your self atleas useful going to guard a spot and not try to zerg with a group just becouse you know you stink on your own and cant handle a ****. Then just dont join a warzone or get your self atleast some decent pve gear.

I will be quitting and quitting and quitting as long as ****** BW wont FIX *********** March them down pvp daily. I simply dont have time , energy , willpower or need of spending half of my day playing boring warzone games just to complete my daily pvp quest becouse most of the wins dont count towards the quest.

For ppl who say : then **** and stop playing or then wait half year till they fix the game i say this:

**** you, and **** your self! And to BW i say : Then release the game when its ready to be released and not when it have to be fixed and fixed allover again. Its not 2005 when WoW came out and had o competition. This days the lvl lies way higher, i except the game to be released without major bugs. Could of invite way more ppl to the betas as well alright ,, but no .. why would they?

If you don't want people to quit then don't give them daily recurring quests that require wins. Especially for those who have nothing to get out of a game other then winning it are in every sence of the word, wasting their time if not winning.

It's been proposed so many times, change the daily either to win 1 wz/day or participate in 3 warzones a day.

People only run the dailies because it's the only way to get gear. And not even that, it's the only chance at having a chance to get gear.

Don't force people in having to do something they actually don't want to or enjoy and you'll see the landscape change fast. Motivated people doing something they enjoy provide a completely different experience.

BW also can't put obtaining of gear behind ratings as this will simply lead to way to many cancelled subscriptions.

Edited by Scalare

this game is to unstable to have any such "penalty" buffs. there are still glitches in the game that force people to be removed from warzones. :|

until those are fixed, i say no to all of these suddenly increased amount of "lets add a penalty for leaving!" threads ^^