Hey Tebow! (Huttball)

Rocketride

@OP: Thanks for the Friday morning laugh.

To be fair to newbies, the game is terrible about telling you HOW to pass. Usually takes a couple of times to learn the mechanics of it, assuming of course that the person even notices that they now have a new spell under the "general" tab.

This is fairly true, Huttball can be lots of fun once people pick it up, but it has a steeper learning curve than the others (particularly if you're the side on a server that rarely sees it).

I have the ball for a good 20 seconds, walking to the other side. Not a single person on my team in sight to pass to.

So instead, I put the team on my back, I did it for Madden.

Greg Jennings.

Kind of my hero right now.

Edited by SWImara

Don't know why it has to be a ground-target though.. makes it take longer to get your target (and more likely you're gonna get stunned), makes it really difficult to pass upwards, makes it possible that your effing target force-speeds away just as you throw, and for new players, takes a fair few tries at passing before you actually realise this.

Gotta echo the whole team following the carrier thing... A guarding tank, fine - but someone has to get to a position to pass to first tho.

Edited by Lemmy_DB

People should also remember that even if they don't see anyone to pass to (or don't know), it's usually still better to reset the ball by throwing it where no one is standing when you're in risk of dying.

I've seen so many people running around near the friendly base who ultimately die and give the ball to the enemy, who of course proceeds to score, that it isn't funny any more.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Well I hate the part when people accuse you of not passing, but in reality some are in stun hell. Can't pass when stunned.

For those who don't pass well they are just newbies who haven't found the pass button yet.

or they don't know where to pass to.

Dear "People who say I can't pass because I'm stunned!",

Did you pick the ball up in the middle?

Think you can make it to the endzone yourself, don't you...?

You can't, and every second you hold onto the ball, you'll be swarmed by more and more (up to 8) defenders...

Get the ball, pass it up to the cat walk, run towards the opposing team's endzone but stop in range of the person who currently is holding the ball, he/she/bot has resolve by now, and will be looking forward to you for a reception...

IF:

...you see defenders ahead of you, pass laterally to a teammate who is not defended.

...you do not see defenders ahead of you, run to endzone.

FIN

To be fair to newbies, the game is terrible about telling you HOW to pass. Usually takes a couple of times to learn the mechanics of it, assuming of course that the person even notices that they now have a new spell under the "general" tab.

This is my only big complaint about Huttball.

They need to add something like the "pet bar" that is just a giant Huttball icon that appears when you get the ball. Just something 3x the size of a regular icon that's in the bottom left of your screen.

Something you simply can't miss.

The "passing" in huttball is such a joke. Targets moving away from the ball, difficulty passing to an upper level, not to mention getting the UI bug and having to reset your interface just to get a pass off.

Yesterday, I played a game where I tried to pass to another player in our pit. The player moved, the pass flew to a player overlooking our pit who was subsequently tackled and destroyed. The other team waltzed in with a free score. None of the targeting circle was above the floor of the pit.

Fix the mechanic, then I will accept critics in game who have no concept of the situation.

OH EEEE OHH TEEEEBOW

lol so my huttball team calls it Tebow when someone just throws a pass that misses by miles, such a bad throw it can't even be intercepted.

Actually, if you are about to die and there is no one near to receive the pass (especially if you are near your own end zone) you need to throw the ball away so that it resets as a neutral ball, because then the guy on your team camping the center can get it... that is, if you have a guy camping the center.

iz not just the pre-50's that dont pass either. i finally got into teh 50 WZ's and thought these people would have learned how to play by now... no... no they havent... after 50 levels, all their "1337" purped out pvp gear and their "oh so impressive titles" for their e-peens, and still.... STILL... they cant pass the ball....

LvL 50 no0b FTL!