Proposed changes to F2P PvP and subscriber rewards.

Remlish

I understand the need to use PvP as another avenue of revenue but I feel that their current model is self defeating.

I believe that they should remove the cap on how many warzones a F2P member can play and change it to how many warzones a F2P member can earn commendations, credits , and experience. They could allow valor rank to continue leveling without too much issue since there are no tangible rewards for valor rank except the option to buy a few high priced toys and the ability to purchase ranked warzone comms.

To offset the potential loss in revenue from players who are content earning fewer commendations they could also offer a commendation bonus buff in the cartel market much like the valor buff. This reward buff should boost bonus commendations from medals earned up to 10 and grant the bonus up to 12 medals per match.

I believe that this simple change could bring some much needed revitalization to PvP.

No to the commendation bonus buff, that trespasses into p2win territory. The no rewards past X warzones idea, similar to the flashpoints one, maybe. On the one hand that means more f2pers in blues to beat. On the other hand that means its more likely I'll have f2pers on my pvp teams, but then again, I don't play sub-50 pvp, so the input from someone who does could be more valuable.

Playing WZ PVP is fun. It is also addictive. It makes you want to play more. Subscribe if you want to play more. It's worth your $15 a month. Reducing rewards earned from PVP if you are an F2P only makes you want to play more to earn more. I may want to go F2P too if that is the case. It's 50 cents a day. Go for it! =)

I'm all for this.

- No cap in the number of warzones you play for F2P

- You only earn 20% (xp, valor points, commendations) of what subscribers earn per match

This will really revitalize the PvP population since you'll have more people to play with. At the same time, F2P players will be able to learn and improve themselves in PvP since they can play as much as they want.

20% is the tease, and once the competitiveness and addiction to PvP kicks in, they will either buy the earnings booster or subscribe.

Playing WZ PVP is fun. It is also addictive. It makes you want to play more. Subscribe if you want to play more. It's worth your $15 a month. Reducing rewards earned from PVP if you are an F2P only makes you want to play more to earn more. I may want to go F2P too if that is the case. It's 50 cents a day. Go for it! =)

I do subscribe , this is a greater good idea not a "I want more for free" idea. By opening up the gates on playing PvP matches you decrease the wait time for all players to find matches. By restricting their rewards like the flashpoint system you also insure F2P players cant gear up quickly without paying $ one way or another.

No to the commendation bonus buff, that trespasses into p2win territory. The no rewards past X warzones idea, similar to the flashpoints one, maybe. On the one hand that means more f2pers in blues to beat. On the other hand that means its more likely I'll have f2pers on my pvp teams, but then again, I don't play sub-50 pvp, so the input from someone who does could be more valuable.

How does that tresspass into P2Win territory? If gear is THAT important, then the system is already broken. I'd welcome any possibility to accelerating PvP gear collection so that everyone can PvP on equal footing as opposed to grind2win.

you must be new to the concepts of feedback and iteration.

Familiar with the proverb; give them a finger, and they'll take the whole hand?

It started with hotbars and character slots. Well, those are given. Now it's turning into unlimited warzone access? Soon it'll be unlimited operation access being asked for by the PvE crowd in case PvP players get their way. And before you know it, there's nothing left to even subscribe for, BioWare loses their income and needs to come with new alternatives.

Ah weight, I know what. Warzone commendations, 800 for just 1000 cartel coins! Buy 3000 and pay only 2500 cartel coins!

And that's the moment the F2P crowd will start crying again as paying people once more have access to more in this game than those not willing to spend a dime.

Familiar with the proverb; give them a finger, and they'll take the whole hand?

It started with hotbars and character slots. Well, those are given. Now it's turning into unlimited warzone access? Soon it'll be unlimited operation access being asked for by the PvE crowd in case PvP players get their way. And before you know it, there's nothing left to even subscribe for, BioWare loses their income and needs to come with new alternatives.

Ah weight, I know what. Warzone commendations, 800 for just 1000 cartel coins! Buy 3000 and pay only 2500 cartel coins!

And that's the moment the F2P crowd will start crying again as paying people once more have access to more in this game than those not willing to spend a dime.

Bioware has stated on numerous occasions that they are new to the F2P model and there will be many revisions based on player feedback. I spent quite some time on the test center and playing the game with two bars legitimately made the later portions of the game feel unplayable. I don't agree that limiting a player to two characters was a bad thing and believe they could have made slot unlocks another micro transaction , but also understand that its very easy to just create another account so that's an up hill battle.

Nothing within my proposed idea would come anywhere near negating the need or market for a subscription based component. And if you ready my whole post then you would have seen the part about off setting any potential losses due to the change by offering a tangible bonus in warzones to subscribers and people with weekly passes. As it stands there is a 100% worthless WZ buff in the cartel market , the Valor Buff. Aside from Valor rank 40 which is incredibly easy to obtain its a completely useless system unless you want the titles (which F2P members have to pay to display).

Your disagreement seems to stem entirely from your distaste for the fact that the game went F2P and not whether this change would make the F2P model more stable. Like it or not F2P is here to stay , and I have no doubt that F2P members and subscribers alike will continue to pump dollar after dollar into the cartel market.

You must be new to the concept of consolidation.

I didn't consolidate my idea because I feel that it stands on its own.

Do you consolidate all of your trolls into one thread? Scrolling through your back posts you only appear to actually take part in a discussion in a positive or meaningful way about 25% of the time.

If you have an on topic opinion about this line of thought feel free to contribute , otherwise you have said your piece so go troll someone else.

The curent F2P system is so screwed up that it's laughable at best.

But the issue curently beeing discused be it pvp and warzones, I say you are looking at it in a wrong way

Why not let others take part in the pvp element of this game? Just because you had to purchase the game and then pay a monthly fee for it, and now you feel like you gave your money for nothing? Well, if you are still reading these forums, it means you like the game and your buck was prob well spent

I say give them access to everything, full rewards and such, and make subscribers earn 50% more than they curently are earning from wz's and such. everyone will be happy

*if your natural response to this would happen to be: nooo! make them subscribe if they want to play pvp at all! and make them addictive to the pvp and then they will subscribe and whatnot (woot?? o_O) ... then this whole game is a lost cause, and deserves to loose all it's players and then be shut down as a big ****up in gaming industry.

Someone needs to get their heads out of their posterior end if this game is ever going to have a future. -- and I'm not only talking about the devs here. No. You, the paying customers should also change your "subscribe or ****" attitude

Farewell, and thanks for all the fish

I didn't consolidate my idea because I feel that it stands on its own.

Do you consolidate all of your trolls into one thread? Scrolling through your back posts you only appear to actually take part in a discussion in a positive or meaningful way about 25% of the time.

If you have an on topic opinion about this line of thought feel free to contribute , otherwise you have said your piece so go troll someone else.

Probably because only about 25% of the discussions are meaningful so thats about right.

Edited by Hardwear

The only problem I see is that with 1.6, WH gear is very easy to get and EWH is a negligible upgrade. I can see people farming their WH gear and then cancelling their sub afterward or not buying any further commendation boosts.

The only problem I see is that with 1.6, WH gear is very easy to get and EWH is a negligible upgrade. I can see people farming their WH gear and then cancelling their sub afterward or not buying any further commendation boosts.

This is highly unlikely scenario. There will always be new tiers of gear and people will always want them. The idea that people would use a buff to get their WH gear set in 15 matches instead of 20 and then for some reason quit the game is not very well thought out. Someone who wants to gear up and unsub is going to do it regardless of whether there is a comm bonus or not. In fact those players as significantly less likely to purchase the buff since they have already decided they are canceling their accounts.

The curent F2P system is so screwed up that it's laughable at best.

But the issue curently beeing discused be it pvp and warzones, I say you are looking at it in a wrong way

Why not let others take part in the pvp element of this game? Just because you had to purchase the game and then pay a monthly fee for it, and now you feel like you gave your money for nothing? Well, if you are still reading these forums, it means you like the game and your buck was prob well spent

I say give them access to everything, full rewards and such, and make subscribers earn 50% more than they curently are earning from wz's and such. everyone will be happy

*if your natural response to this would happen to be: nooo! make them subscribe if they want to play pvp at all! and make them addictive to the pvp and then they will subscribe and whatnot (woot?? o_O) ... then this whole game is a lost cause, and deserves to loose all it's players and then be shut down as a big ****up in gaming industry.

Someone needs to get their heads out of their posterior end if this game is ever going to have a future. -- and I'm not only talking about the devs here. No. You, the paying customers should also change your "subscribe or ****" attitude

Farewell, and thanks for all the fish

This would defeat the purpose of the F2P element , which is EA/Bioware making money off of people who dont like subscriptions for one reason or another.

This is highly unlikely scenario. There will always be new tiers of gear and people will always want them. The idea that people would use a buff to get their WH gear set in 15 matches instead of 20 and then for some reason quit the game is not very well thought out. Someone who wants to gear up and unsub is going to do it regardless of whether there is a comm bonus or not. In fact those players as significantly less likely to purchase the buff since they have already decided they are canceling their accounts.

Did you forget that your suggestion was F2P = unlimited warzones? If not, why are you equating unsubbing with quitting the game?

The scenario is 1) get full WH as F2P with comm boosts, or subscription till full WH 2) stop paying but continue playing unlimited warzones for free.

Your whole argument is based on gear as an incentive to pay/sub, but the incentive is simply not strong with how minimal the difference is between WH and EWH.

Edited by Piam