Was ET force sensitive?

kirorx

Well I happened to be watching ET with the younglings the other day and had to ask myself this question.

Was ET a force user?

He had the abilitie to heal and obviously he could use telekensis.

He even a weird force connection with elliot (hence the scene where ET gerts drunk and so does the kid :D)

He does identifiy yoda duing the halloween scene. :p

FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW, E.T's SPECIES IS IN PHANTOM MENACE

Which would make ET pretty canon in the starwars universe

Now i realize that ET the movie came out before Phantom Menace but nevertheless, this is the discussion.

Edited by kirorx

It was included in the film as an homage to Steven Spielberg for all that he has done for Lucas. And since it is in the movie, they are canon. While it was probably not intended to be so (Lucas promised Spielberg that he would include E.T. in his next film, since he included Yoda in E.T.), it has by default become canon. The race has become known as the Children of the Green Planet. The name of their planet is Brodo Asogi, and the representative in the senate was named Senator Grebleips (Spielberg spelled backwards).

On to E.T. being Force sensitive, probably. He may have been a padawan of the ship (he seemed to be as much a child as Eliot was). They really haven't delved into the background, only aluded to it.

It was included in the film as an homage to Steven Spielberg for all that he has done for Lucas. And since it is in the movie, they are canon. While it was probably not intended to be so (Lucas promised Spielberg that he would include E.T. in his next film, since he included Yoda in E.T.), it has by default become canon. The race has become known as the Children of the Green Planet. The name of their planet is Brodo Asogi, and the representative in the senate was named Senator Grebleips (Spielberg spelled backwards).

On to E.T. being Force sensitive, probably. He may have been a padawan of the ship (he seemed to be as much a child as Eliot was). They really haven't delved into the background, only aluded to it.

I was thought when ET saw the kid dressed like yoda he was going "vroom, vroom" but from i have been reading he was saying "home, home" . I guess from the very begining this was intentional.

I suppose ET will be going in my star wars library :cool:

Well according to Wookieepedia:

During the last days of the Old Republic they funded an extragalactic expedition project, but whether or not this expedition was ever successful or even went past the planning stage is unknown.

Its obvious that these 'Children of the Green Planet' sent an explorer (E.T) to explore other galaxies and discovered Earth. Then he returned home and his discovery was probably silenced by the Galactic Empire. :D

Spielberg should make another film where Earth is invaded by the Galactic Empire led by Darth Vader :p

And yes, if we consider E.T to be star wars canon - he kinda has to be force sensitive.

Edited by Beniboybling

also it seemed that E.T. recognised Yoda in the film, and as Yoda trained younglings it is very possible he was force sensitive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA1SLrPXLc0

Edited by turnoverla-page

I never payed attention to E.T past loving the movie as a child , back then E.T. was a very Big Deal .

This thread was a eye opener , thankyou !

yw, im glad i coudl bring this to people attention.

Its definitaly a neat peice of information and i feel ET makes a perfectily acceptiable starwar character.