Imperial Agent Story: Awesome!

DarthTHC

This post is for the BioWare writers and the community in general.

To the writers: Well done! Not only was the Agent story highly appropriate to the "feel" of what I thought the Agent should get, but it also was a great, compelling story in its own right. Of the stories that I played through to completion so far (Consular, Knight, Inquisitor, Warrior, Agent), it was far and away the best. It exceeded the expectations I had when I bought this BioWare game.

To the community: If you enjoy stories that put you dead nuts center of high intrigue, you really do need to play an Agent!

Edited by DarthTHC

Almost done with the IA story and i can say this.

No other story has the outcomes the IA has. Your early on choices will affect the outcome in major ways unlike many of the other stories.

I think the BH comes close and maybe the smuggler afterwards, but the IA, be mindful of your choices, they really will decide your future.

Agent and Warrior stories are the best in the game. IA for its enigmatic and very tense storyline and SW because it provides an excellent experience of being a Sith. Well there is SI but it just didn't feel as good as SW. Edited by Path-x

I have 3 level 50 Agents, so there you go. :D I've only played half the class stories all the way through so far, but the Agent is by far my favorite. There are those out there that aren't fond of it, but I can only say that if you want to be a celebrated hero type, or a very powerful villain, or be a fun, quirky character the Agent is neither of those. It's not a glamorous job and you never quite get the respect you deserve.

Most of the writing credit for the Agent goes to Alexander Freed, who is now a freelance writer, and he has also written the comic series Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Lost Suns and Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire, and Star Wars: Purge: The Tyrant's Fist.

Almost done with the IA story and i can say this.

No other story has the outcomes the IA has. Your early on choices will affect the outcome in major ways unlike many of the other stories.

I have read about this and I actually think this is a bad thing. Because the endings are so different that the writers will have a hard job trying to tie them all together in an expansion, assuming there is a single questline for all Agents. Difficult things are generally done last :(

+1. Give the people behind this story a bonus ;).

IA storyline does the best job of weaving together all the different events of the game and the plots and subplots faced by ALL the classes. Recommend people who don't have an IA to play through one or two other characters before giving this a shot. Will amplify the awesomeness.

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

I absolutely love the IA. I rolled an IA because I wanted to be a spy-like person and serve the Empire. The Sith classes generally serve themselves, and the BH definitely serves himself, plus the fact that one of the IA advanced classes was the Sniper this was definetly the class for me.

And I absolutely love the IA Storyline. Despite everything that happened, I still wanted to serve the Empire, but was light-sided, so at the end I chose the Lightside option, which still lets me serve the Empire but be free aswell.

There, that was mostly spoiler-free.

I had a hard time with the IA story. I guess if you just accept that you're going to finish the story, you can enjoy it as a movie. But as an interactive narrative it left a whole lot to be desired. I generally fail to see how a rational being playing that class would do anything but escape and defect after Act I, Act II at the latest.

The whole set-up of the IA story gives you more reason than most of the Republic classes for hating the Empire and all it stands for. This is especially true if you play a non-human.

For me, as 'dull' as everyone feels the Republic classes are, they make sense. Jedi seek to combat evil, Smuggler is out to get paid and laid, and the Trooper is a consummate soldier. The Sith classes likewise make a lot of sense to me because they are effectively nobility so, of course, they have no problems with the system.

The Bounty Hunter made sense until the end which for me makes it very, very hard to believe I would still be working for the Empire. Which is why that character is effectively retired.

Edited by Master-Nala

The Bounty Hunter made sense until the end which for me makes it very, very hard to believe I would still be working for the Empire. Which is why that character is effectively retired.

Don't make me worry now! I'm currently on Voss with my BH. Love the playstyle of a Arsenal Spec BH! A few forced companions has been suckie though. :/ One I don't mind, just wouldn't have taken the option. The other I hate hate hate. I want to throw him out of the airlock. I feel the need to never raise his affection rating except by accident.

Agent is by far the best story this game has to offer.

The ending upset me, though.

Why couldn't you join the Star Cabal at the end? It would've made so much sodding sense.

The Empire betrayed you, the Republic can't be trusted in their corruption, either. And both Jedi and Sith are madmen fighting petty wars over religion.

The Star Cabal were right in working towards their demise.

Edited by Filo

Agent is by far the best story this game has to offer.

The ending upset me, though.

Why couldn't you join the Star Cabal at the end? It would've made so much sodding sense.

The Empire betrayed you, the Republic can't be trusted in their corruption, either. And both Jedi and Sith are madmen fighting petty wars over religion.

The Star Cabal were right in working towards their demise.

The simple answer to your spoiler question, it simply wouldn't of made sense with the rest of the story lines.

Also, in a way.....

you kind of can become on in spirit....since you end up with the Black Codex. Hunter even says "you're the only other one like us", or something like that. Perhaps you will carry it on closer to what the original vision of the Star Cabal is, rather than what it had become.

I watched the ending on youtube and had no clue what happened. So if I played through it now it'd be as if I never saw the ending.

Is it really that good? I completed Chapter 1, but then the very beggining of Chapter 2 seemed a bit boring...is it really awesome after that?

Chapter 2 is my favorite part of the story. However, like I said, the IA story won't be for everyone - nothing is. I think most people that really like it already like spy stories and conspiracies. I am also somewhat masochistic with my own characters. :cool:1

I can say that if you didn't get very far with chapter two, you don't know how weird it gets.

Edited by chuixupu

Only just finished Belsavis, but I too am really loving the story.

The whole

Illuminati in space

thing is a bit stolen, but they stole it from (imho) the best game ever so I will let them off. I was just surprised that

the fella you talk to as you encounter SCORPIO wasn't Lucius DeBeers

!

I also haven't been put off the Empire by Act I and II like some people say, I guess it is because I am playing my character as an Empire man, who understands that we obey the Sith but he doesn't trust them and feels that the Empire would be better off without them (Actually he probably feels like the Jedi would work well with the Empire, as long as people just stopped rebelling so they didn't need to be put down). I never even felt like the Empire had done anything wrong for a second.

Edited by _Darkstar

The only thing I hate about Agent storyline...

...is the influence/power of Star Cabal. Some third faction controlling both Republic/Jedi and EmpireSith on the level they presented it is imo just over-exaggerated, ridiculous and stupid. It was a cheap element to achieve a wow from the player which unfortunately left a stain on otherwise great story writing.

Edited by Path-x