Tell us your story with SW and the new movie.

Slowpokeking

I was like 12 when my parents led me to watch EP I, I enjoyed it and found its flaw when I grow up. Since EP III I have become a huge SW fan. Yesterday was really special to me.

The movie was awesome overall, despite a few minor flaws like Finn's change in the beginning and the yelling of the First Order. But it's really great, the plot, the humor, the characterization and the mystery it has left were all very awesome. The cast was fine as well. This movie got similar plot to EP IV but gave us new feelings, it indeed is passing the torch to the new heroes rather than stick to the big three like the old EU. It's good the see the old team back again. Especially in the end, the whole theater was clapping for Luke. We've got our hero back and he is ready to pass the torch. I was also very shocked when I saw Snoke because I think he indeed is Plagueis, one of the most interesting Sith in the old EU.

Compare to the prequel, Lucas had a magnificent theme but he had failed to present it well in a movie and made some bad decision on the details. This movie actually focused on how to make a enjoyable movie for the fans, for the new generation. And it did a good job. I've said long ago that Star Wars need new movies to carry on its magic and influence to the next generation and I don't mind wipe most of the EU for it. George Lucas knew it as well so he made the TCW to hang on for a while and then sold it to Disney when himself is too old and out of ideas. I think we must thank him for it. This, this is what I've been waiting for. I've never seen so many people at the theater and many parents had brought their children. Yes, it's happening, the new generation is getting the magic, the Force through the new movies. Good Job Disney, keep it on.

I always viewed Star Wars as a gamer, not as a common fan or as a movie viewer. I became a SW fan after playing Kotor 2 and then Kotor 1. Me watching the movies is similar to a WoW player watching the Warcraft movie.

Always hated the post ep 6 EU because it didn't feel like SW to me. At least not the SW i became a fan of while playing Kotor 2. It felt like low quality milking of the movies and fan fiction.

Haven't watched the Episode VII yet but i suspect i won't be too much disappointed having in mind that in my subjective view they can't do much worse than the post ep 6 EU. It will be bad, having seen the spoilers and discussions in these forums, but taking into account that it effectively makes a retcon of the post ep 6 EU i will like it to some degree.

I was also very shocked when I saw Snoke because I think he indeed is Plagueis

If Snoke is Plagueis that will be a major facepalm for me,

Edited by Kaedusz