End-Game Orange Gear COMING!!!

Xanadoo

Below is quoted material from Emmanuel Lusinchi.

The current situation with end game gear and item modifications isn’t final and, in fact, many community members like yourself have correctly guessed at what our plans to correct the current design are.

Since this is a fairly important issue to many players, let me disclose more details about what is currently in the work regarding purple items and mods:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

As usual, the caveats about unfinished work apply, but this should give you and the community a very good idea of our intentions. We are serious about making custom gear an entirely valid alternative to end game gear and we support the players’ ability to customize their appearance all the way to (and including) end game.

Emmanuel Lusinchi

Technical Design Director

Star Wars: The Old Republic

When?!?!

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

Wonder what this effectively means.

As an Operative, the ~only way to get crit/surge enchants (Medicine spec) is to pull them out of Champion/Columi helmets, and slap them onto other armor bits. (haven't gotten Rakata/BM stuff yet but I'd assume same applies there).

Either way, v. happy that I don't have to wear the damn ugly PvP/PvE endgame sets. :p

Edited by Youmu

Now I really hope they make heavy/medium armor social gear. I would love to tank in the sand people gear as a juggernaut. :D

I completely agree. I believe all social gear should automatically become the highest tier available for the class it is being used on.

Now I really hope they make heavy/medium armor social gear. I would love to tank in the sand people gear as a juggernaut. :D

Lucky me, I play Consular as my main so I am not in trouble, but I also think that the game should have more medium and heavy sets of social gear. Can't wait to use my slave outfit with best PvP gear or raid gear.

I agree i want m commando to always wear the slave girl outfit! just some thing about a chick in a skimpy outfit with a BFG!

Y'know. I just don't see why they didn't implement an 'outfit' system where you could put on any gear you want over your current gear as statless, cosmetic changes, like they had in LoTRO, instead of this whole 'modification' nonsense. It would have been so much easier to design - and opened up an entire wreath of new customization options if you could do this with any gear. :I

Quick example of how this would work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HlpSifILWg

Edited by Greywatch

Why could i re-mod my level 56 mods with the max availble currently?

Thats what 51?

I hope they give us more mods or unmodding purples will kinda be still pointless if we cant get the same ilvl of mods to replace them with

Wonder what this effectively means.

As an Operative, the ~only way to get crit/surge enchants (Medicine spec) is to pull them out of Champion/Columi helmets, and slap them onto other armor bits. (haven't gotten Rakata/BM stuff yet but I'd assume same applies there).

Either way, v. happy that I don't have to wear the damn ugly PvP/PvE endgame sets. :p

It means you can't pull the armoring out of a tier 1 chestpiece, put it into a belt, and retain the set bonuses. Otherwise you could get a 4pc and 2pc at the same time.

Now they just need to add moddable (orange) versions of all bracer and belt models in the game, not just a select few per class which are also incredibly hard (sheer luck) to obtain. I'm still wearing a randomly dropped blue belt while the rest of my armor is in the 51-56 purple range, because all higher fixed-stat belts don't fit at all with the rest of my orange gear...