Fleet Dueling zone/area Petition

SVTCarnage

Fleet Dueling Zone Petition

A floor, a level, something directly connected with the Imperial/Republic fleet that gives us access to a dueling area. A place were PvPers can hang out, duel and or watch people duel. A PvP vendor and terminal in the duel area would be nice too.

If you would like something like this, sign the petition.

Consider myself SIGNED.

Edited by SVTCarnage

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent the vast majority of my down time derping around at the academy steps on Korriban (so do a fair amount of PvP'ers on Ebon Hawk, so there's usually dueling action going on). So I don't see any need to this, personally, but I know fleet is the main social area, so it seems like a natural thing to add.

simply move the fleet pvp section to ilum entirely.

The fleet is the main town for the factions of Swtor, if they added a floor access via elevator connected to the fleet this would increase duel activity. Traveling to Nar Shadda or Korriban for a organized duel session or to hope people are their dueling is fine. However, you are going to see more people more often dueling if their is direct access to a duel area from the imperial fleet via a elevator.

I believe it would not be a stretch to petition for it, it simply would be a large open space area, with maybe 2 floor plans. A open space area without obstacles and then a open space area with pillars for line of sighting. That gives the players that are dueling options, do they want to duel with obstacles to kite around or do they want to do a straight open duel.

Edited by SVTCarnage

BW said at one point they wanted to do this, but I think it was the old dev team that said it. Who knows what the new team plans on doing.

That make sense, I think the lead PvP designer is part of that old team and is no longer working with BW on Swtor. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, that's just a hunch.

This has got to be one of the simplest request, the duel zone doesn't haft to be pretty, we just want a open flat floor, and a flat floor with pillars for line of sighting. Add a pvp vendor, a terminal, done.

Edited by SVTCarnage

That make sense, I think the lead PvP designer is part of that old team and is no longer working with BW on Swtor. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, that's just a hunch.

This has got to be one of the simplest request, the duel zone doesn't haft to be pretty, we just want a open flat floor, and a flat floor with pillars for line of sighting. Add a pvp vendor, a terminal, done.

I have no idea who's still around. I believe it was mentioned back at the guild summit prior to 1.2 if that helps put into perspective of how long ago it was lol.

/signed

This is just one of many things that everyone would like to see, but to which BW will reply "but that would take so much work tho.....".

Add in another instanced hangar area. Just use the existing ship hangar, no changes needed. Enable dueling in said instance. Boom. Done.

Now that BW knows how to do it, we may get it by 2016.

I asked this like 2 years ago when they did that Q&A

cycao: I was wondering if there is any plan to implement dueling on the fleet. I feel if you remove the restriction on dueling on the fleet it will be a nice way to pass the time.

Daniel: This is a popular request and one we’re actively looking into. Right now we’re making sure performance will stay solid if the fleet breaks out in a duel-fest so it may be restricted to a certain area when/if it comes.

99% of dueling is the foreplay of bad mouthing each other and each others mom in general chat anyways. So if they did this there would be even more morons calling each other names 24/7 in general chat on fleet.

There is already a QT option for travel to the Tat pvp area. Too much trouble to click it?

Edited by MotorCityMan