Pants-on-head thread.

Lachryphage

I might have just had the dumbest PUG in history. And considering that PUGs aren't exactly known for their intelligence that's quite an accomplishment.

Here's what happened. There were 2 guardian tanks, my commando healer and a scoundrel DPS trying to do a heroic 4. All but one of us were higher than the quest by 2 to 3 levels. Tank #2 was the same level as the quest. The operative never CCs anything. He tried a bit in the beginning, but after I decided I needed to herd the cats and mark targets he stopped for some reason. They didn't follow the marked targets on one single pull. Not one. I explained that star is the CC target and to not attack it or AOE near it, but to attack crosshair instead. I told them this three times, but apparently simple instructions I could follow when I was in preschool are just too much for them to comprehend.

The group wiped 3 or 4 times to pulling agro at retarded times, like when 2 people are dead after the last mob group or when we're waiting for the fourth group member to show up.

Despite having 2 tanks, me and the scoundrel had agro every pull. Every. Single. One. WITH TWO TANKS! Usually this agro lasted from the start of the fight until the mob on me was the last one left.

I had to ragequit and go to the store so I didn't punch my monitor in a futile attempt to reach through it and strangle the other players. I think we wiped close to a dozen times. It had to be at least 8., but I lost count after a while. Has anyone ever had a PUG dumber than this or did these guys set some kind of new record? Share your pain. Talking about it will make you feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

Relax. It happens to everyone. I know a good many that would probably tell you that the ultimate solution to PUGs is to join a guild. It does relieve stress and keeps you sane, but what if no one in your guild is online or at the level of the flashpoint or heroic, what to do then?

We have all seen many mistakes people make while in groups. When it comes to CC (Crowd Control), did you realize that NOT all classes or advanced classes can CC the same as others?

* Some can CC gear. (worn by humanoids only).

* Some can CC droids only.

* Some can only CC before the mob is aggro'ed.

* Some can CC both humanoids & droids, (before & during battle)

I can show you what I have seen & experienced.....

TANKS- our beloved meat shield.

They have a tendency to use a generator, instead of using a shield, not spec'ed correctly, not using their "taunts",

or using the wrong stance or using no stance at all. It is their duty to keep their guard actively on the healer.

DPS- our damage dealers.

They love to drop all of their bombs, grenades, and do all sorts of damage quick, but end up aggro'ing everything insight and also take the aggro / threat generation away from the tank.

HEALERS- our life & mission depends on them

Never underestimate the healer. They can CC just about anything and heal as well. Their first priority is to keep the TANK alive first, followed by the DPS, second. The biggest issue I see is most people run through content real quick, never paying attention to the healer trying to replenish his own health, force power, or vent heat. In a lot of cases in PvE, and especially in PvP, the healer is the first to be killed. If the healer goes down, then the tank is next. Once the tank and healer is killed, the dps might be able to hold out, but will eventually fall, taking all the damage that the tank was supposed to take, and not being able to heal in battle, as that was the job of the healer.

I hope this allows you to gain some sanity back, as a lot of us have been where you are. Some people just don't know, don't care, or think every fight is just go in and drop all forms of damage on them and go on. I have seen some try to blame it on everything from the game going free to play to immature kids. Its more than that though,

because we have people in game from ages 8 years to 80 years old that are just hard headed. When people realize that they want to win, they will decide to learn their abilities, as well as others' abilities to be better players than when they started. This also brings to mind one final thought. We all started from scratch, regardless if we played M.M.O.'s before, we all had to learn about SWTOR from the ground up.

• 3 weeks later...
Relax. It happens to everyone. I know a good many that would probably tell you that the ultimate solution to PUGs is to join a guild. It does relieve stress and keeps you sane, but what if no one in your guild is online or at the level of the flashpoint or heroic, what to do then?

We have all seen many mistakes people make while in groups. When it comes to CC (Crowd Control), did you realize that NOT all classes or advanced classes can CC the same as others?

* Some can CC gear. (worn by humanoids only).

* Some can CC droids only.

* Some can only CC before the mob is aggro'ed.

* Some can CC both humanoids & droids, (before & during battle)

I can show you what I have seen & experienced.....

TANKS- our beloved meat shield.

They have a tendency to use a generator, instead of using a shield, not spec'ed correctly, not using their "taunts",

or using the wrong stance or using no stance at all. It is their duty to keep their guard actively on the healer.

DPS- our damage dealers.

They love to drop all of their bombs, grenades, and do all sorts of damage quick, but end up aggro'ing everything insight and also take the aggro / threat generation away from the tank.

HEALERS- our life & mission depends on them

Never underestimate the healer. They can CC just about anything and heal as well. Their first priority is to keep the TANK alive first, followed by the DPS, second. The biggest issue I see is most people run through content real quick, never paying attention to the healer trying to replenish his own health, force power, or vent heat. In a lot of cases in PvE, and especially in PvP, the healer is the first to be killed. If the healer goes down, then the tank is next. Once the tank and healer is killed, the dps might be able to hold out, but will eventually fall, taking all the damage that the tank was supposed to take, and not being able to heal in battle, as that was the job of the healer.

I hope this allows you to gain some sanity back, as a lot of us have been where you are. Some people just don't know, don't care, or think every fight is just go in and drop all forms of damage on them and go on. I have seen some try to blame it on everything from the game going free to play to immature kids. Its more than that though,

because we have people in game from ages 8 years to 80 years old that are just hard headed. When people realize that they want to win, they will decide to learn their abilities, as well as others' abilities to be better players than when they started. This also brings to mind one final thought. We all started from scratch, regardless if we played M.M.O.'s before, we all had to learn about SWTOR from the ground up.

^this

Also, whenever I pug for FPs/Heroics I would always ask if partymates have already done the said content or if they are a bit new to the game. I try to be kind to them no matter what how crafty they are when playing, as long as they don't go a-hole on me.