1.7 Class Changes (Datamined)

ARagingNoob

Sorcs are becoming more op. They have more abilities with this update, mercs seemed to be getting their damage reduced but they are getting their defense increased. Marauders are getting a buff again. Marauders may become the best 1v1 class with this update.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like they are finally trying to buff vigilance/vengeance, so I got no problem with the focus/rage nerf. I don't know why they gave focus/rage a buff in the first place, because I thought it was fine just the way it was. Edited by cdubballer

I do not agree. Although you did not see many Rage/Focus before they buffed it, it still hit pretty hard. If they just return it to how it used to be, it will still be fine.

Not sure what the crack was on JC but on Canderous Ordo for DPS spec the only ones I could ever remember using Vengeance was Hexel, Benedict and myself, pretty much every other DPS jugg I ran into was rage/focus. I'm sure there were probably others running around but during my queue times it was a rage/focus majority.

I was hoping vengeance would have got a ravage/master strike root like the carnage tree gets :cool: but it's nice to see it getting some love.

About the sage changes.... I'm am fairly sure these "buffs" are new abilities coming with the expansion. I am even afraid that 1.7 won't nerf smash and that the changes we can see in the data are coming only with the expansion too. Also, from what I understood of the changes, smash is gonna be weaker than it was before, however I prefer if it become too weak than if it stays the way it is.

I like the Dirty Fighting buff for scoundrel and operative alot. Smash is being nerfed significantly, about 1/3 of Damage. But, I think it will be compensated for. It appears they are giving some buffs to the tree as well such as the snare on obliterate. Possibly more utility as well.

Also, my guess is smash will be usable quicker now.

I love the marauder and sorc changes. I think that if every class becomes very powerful, the diversity of the game will increase and things will balance out.

Pyro Mercs get some nice changes, especially Electro Net!

There are some neat sniper things coming, and the new PvP reusables sound iteresting, one of them is called a mark. The new sage ability, Phase walk, which allows one to "MARK" the ground and return to that place later. I think this reusable will have a similar effect.

I'm with Ilye, a lot of these changes probably won't be integrated until the "expansion". Sounds nice that mercs are getting some more defensive abilities and utility but wheres muh deeps!?! Unless whatever advance the line does is something really cool dps wise. I know arsenal can put out 600k in a warzone with some decent aoe's but most any other class can still do better. I shouldn't say anything until they release the new numbers for tracer and heat seeker missile, might be that tracer missile will be capable of some rare 7k crits with the increased RNG.

Does anyone know if bioware/ea has any plans to release the new talents before the expansion like WOW has done in the past? That would address current balance issues and also allow devs and players the opportunity to explore the new specs.

Edited by nidalad

I'm with Ilye, a lot of these changes probably won't be integrated until the "expansion". Sounds nice that mercs are getting some more defensive abilities and utility but wheres muh deeps!?! Unless whatever advance the line does is something really cool dps wise. I know arsenal can put out 600k in a warzone with some decent aoe's but most any other class can still do better. I shouldn't say anything until they release the new numbers for tracer and heat seeker missile, might be that tracer missile will be capable of some rare 7k crits with the increased RNG.

Does anyone know if bioware/ea has any plans to release the new talents before the expansion like WOW has done in the past? That would address current balance issues and also allow devs and players the opportunity to explore the new specs.

...Yeah... about arsenal deeps, HSM got a 5% DR, Pyro has several buffs tho!

I don't play Focus/Rage spec and I do not have issues fighting against players that do (though I will admit to respeccing my Marauder alt to Rage for a little bit, but I did not enjoy it and quickly switched), so I am not biased either way:

I know a lot of you will be happy if Smash/Sweep does get nerfed, but just remember one thing. Focus/Rage Guardians/Juggs/Sents/Maras are all highly dependent on that one attack for their damage. Nerfing that one attack basically ruins the whole tree.

Also, things to remember are that as a hybrid tank, Sweep is my major source of threat. If Sweep gets a sweeping nerf, that will hurt me drastically as a tank.

Didn't exactly think I'd see a pro-smash argument, but I should've expected it.

Anyhow, you might be enjoying the passive 30% AoE damage reduction that some classes have, but there are still some of us who don't get that (even talented) and are stuck eating those 7k crits at 1200+ expertise.

And I'm sorry if you don't agree with me and I might not be as proficient with you in the class, but I have a jugg, a mara and a sentinel. I'm quite familiar with the rage spec and just can't fathom why somebody would actually make an argument for leaving it as it is.

When I see some of the best sentinels I know speaking about how much of a faceroll the whole smash spec is, I know it's a problem.

I am sorry but thanks! Omg sages are going to get buffed!! Especially with our bubbles!! Nothing about stun bubble being used to the sage only but we are taking less damage!! Hehe excited!

Candy if this passes thru Test Center these new moves are learnt by level, not buy purchasing thru the skill trees, we are going to be op! Can you imagine bursting away to survive, getting focused with a stun lock, clicking the God Mode button WHILE stun locked and then bursting away with the refreshed burst run! AND we run in burst a second longer! I can hear the crying now! I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

Edited by To-le