Select Companion

Jigglypuff-

I'm curious how exactly you envision that fitting into the presently coherent class storylines.

All classes have side characters in them that would make for excellent additions to the companion roster, if Bioware ever chose to add in more companions for individual classes. There is literally no need to lift 'new' companion characters from other storylines.

Edited by Remissus

As much as I love Nadia on my Sage, I just don't see her getting along on a Trooper ship. And can probably think of more examples.

So no thanks. The companions you get is all that you will be getting. You can get the HK droid though, it's available to all classes.

I'm curious how exactly you envision that fitting into the presently coherent class storylines.

All classes have side characters in them that would make for excellent additions to the companion roster, if Bioware ever chose to add in more companions for individual classes. There is literally no need to lift 'new' companion characters from other storylines.

By making it a level 50+ event, so the smuggler can have Nadia, and just say Nadia had worked with another Jedi, but they parted ways.

Really, it's not that hard to do. :p

By making it a level 50+ event, so the smuggler can have Nadia, and just say Nadia had worked with another Jedi, but they parted ways.

It might not be hard for some, but to what end? Where is the line drawn? And what about certain types of companions? Like Khem or Broonmark? Or even Mako? Talos? Why would any of the companions leave? I can't see Mako leaping at the opportunity to work for a Sith. Or Khem leaving the SI, as they are "bound" in essence. Broonmark maybe, but what about Talos? Finish the storyline with him and I hardly see him skipping off with a BH or IA, SW could be debatable.

I'm curious what the OP's reasoning is behind this request, and how s/he would expect this to happen.

It's not -hard-, but why do it at all? Why not just 'deputize' awesome side characters that already exist in the class storylines if we want more companions per class? That makes a helluva lot more sense than ripping characters designed for other stories and tossing them into one just for fanservice.

I admit, there are some companions I would love to have on another character. But I realize that it just doesn't make sense for many of companions. Usually, my wish to have a different companion is not simply due to the other class' companion being so awesome, but the fact that I really don't like the companion(s) I have already. For example, I would happily steal Lt. Pierce for my Inquisitor, not because he is the best companion ever but because I do not like Khem and I really do not like Xalek.

So I think if they are ever going to continue class and companion stories post-50, then it would make more sense to just add new Companions that multiple classes (such as all Empire, all Republic, BH and Smuggler only, Force user only, etc) can pick up via a quest or something.

IF they are going to just abandon class and companion stories though, and if making new companions would be a lot harder, I think it would be reasonable to allow players to make the decision at level 50/55 to have their own immersion broken by having a companion that does not work with their (finished and never to be revisited or continued) story. Perhaps with limitations, though.

Edited by Gwena

Instead of letting you get all the comps on whatever character, i would prefer to see the companions from other classes used in story a bit more. Such as....

In doc's companion storyline, eventually you get to see Kaliyo on your ship during a conversation with him. You even speak to her for a bit. If i remember right, she's taken kind of like a "hostage" so the hutt won't keep him and he can come back.

as an example.

and then

Both Risha and Vette mention each other in their companion story lines, due to Risha's father saving Vette from her...first life of slavery. They were apparently like sisters, and i would love to see them meet, at a point. Though that would only be a possibility if warrior took Vette's collar off....So i can see how that could be a problem. If Vette suddenly showed up to say hey to Risha, someone who kept the collar on Vette would probably be upset.

But that's just what i would like.

Instead of letting you get all the comps on whatever character, i would prefer to see the companions from other classes used in story a bit more. Such as....

In doc's companion storyline, eventually you get to see Kaliyo on your ship during a conversation with him. You even speak to her for a bit. If i remember right, she's taken kind of like a "hostage" so the hutt won't keep him and he can come back.

as an example.

and then

Both Risha and Vette mention each other in their companion story lines, due to Risha's father saving Vette from her...first life of slavery. They were apparently like sisters, and i would love to see them meet, at a point. Though that would only be a possibility if warrior took Vette's collar off....So i can see how that could be a problem. If Vette suddenly showed up to say hey to Risha, someone who kept the collar on Vette would probably be upset.

But that's just what i would like.

To the previous posts, I never said it should be done, or should be done with all companions. :p I just said it could be done and wouldn't be that hard.

As for the last spoiler. Why would they be upset? So they kept Vette's collar on. There's hundreds of Vette's running around already :p That's like being upset if you kept Vette's collar and someone else didn't.

Seeing as how your SW would never get two Vettes, it's a non-issue.

To the previous posts, I never said it should be done, or should be done with all companions. :p I just said it could be done and wouldn't be that hard.

That's true, but the compromise you'd be making would be all the alt-class companions being completely silent. They say too many things that are class specific. For instance when clicking on just about any of the Imperial Agent's companions, they refer to the IA/player as Agent. "Yes agent." "Let's go agent." "Need something Agent?" and so on.

Yes it can be done, but the problem is that the trade off for doing it would remove alot of the character from the companions. In other words the thing(s) that people love/hate the most about the companions or the reason they'd want to use them with their alts would suddenly make them less then what they were, and in the end it would become pointless to do it.

Gave it some thought. Would like to trade in Akaavi and Skadge for someone(s) else, but all of the other companions are perfect where they are.

NEVER!!!! I don't want skadge anywhere NEAR my gunslinger. I'd shoot him first and if he survived I'd shoot him AGAIN!

As for the last spoiler. Why would they be upset? So they kept Vette's collar on. There's hundreds of Vette's running around already :p That's like being upset if you kept Vette's collar and someone else didn't.

Seeing as how your SW would never get two Vettes, it's a non-issue.

Oh that was never targeted at your post XD just what i had to say in general. And i that was going along with what i said, kinda going off topic about wanting to see other companions in your companion's storyline. If vette did show up, it would be like making non-collared version cannon [since i doubt warrior would let collared version go where /she/ wanted] which is why i thought it might make some upset :p

So basically, went off topic of this thread with my own thoughts. Move along!

• 2 years later...