Skipping

kijthae

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be your default, but it is not everyone's default. Some still like to do the whole instance, for whatever reason. The wishes of the majority of the group should be the determining factor.

No, as much as common sense is common, this is default.

Hardmode = skip.

Normal = don't skip.

If a player or player(s) want to do something else the responsibility is on them to let the rest of the group know. Of course majority rules apply, as they could kick anyone who disagress, but the expectation still remains.

Joining a hm fp and then halfway through ************ about how they keep skipping everything is stupid. Clearly the vast majority of players will want to skip, as there's no good reason not to. Being too lazy to get the story/get legacy xp/get credits from the sm fp or from solo content, which are obviously better for those things, is not a good reason. And it's similarly true of joining a sm fp and griping about not skipping.

I'm not saying there aren't problems with skipping, T5, D7, KUS, and BOI are all pretty ridiculous. There's no point in all that content being there just to be skipped, they need to decide what MUST be done to have some semblance of balance and make that unskippable, then clean up most of the trash that is unnecessary. It's also bad design to have even semi-important progression gear on skippable/bonus content, because then as soon as the majority of players progress past that point it becomes near impossible to find groups that will do it for the new players to endgame.

My agressive adressing killed this topic.

Many players blame this game having no end game.Bioware narrows down the game by granting everyone lvl 50 tionese set as starter gear.People dont see a reason to do hm because there is no good gear.

Game has less endgame content then other mmos but it has richer too. Flashpoints are taking long , they have voice acting. I think they must think on making the opposite shorter flashpoints but players cant skip or longer flashpoints but no starting gear so ppl wont rush at heroic modes.Everyone forgets the MAIN REASON TO PLAY IS TO HAVE FUN , they turn their playstyle into a virtual item hunting where you can have no use in real life. However spending your hours in front of your computer enjoying ,relaxing and having fun have a use in real life.I have no right to judge people's choices but it sounds bad to me.

Edited by kijthae

i skip just as many bosses and trash as the next player, but i still think it´s not the way EAware ment for the FP to be played. If agrorange on trash and bosses were increased a bit so you could bypass less i wouldn´t mind. I dont do a FP to get my coms. It´s a bonus and ofc an incentive to do a FP but it´s not the main reason to do FP´s. I do it to have fun, and skipping all mobs and bosses like teral 5 and battle of Ilum is just poor design and it get´s boring realy fast. It´s worse on rep side because there´s 2 FP where you skip pretty much everything.

Give all bosses 3 daily coms or something. Just a little incentive for people to kill a boss. Atm there´s nothing. Some of them dont even drop a daily com.

I have a tank, 2 healers and a DPS on each faction, thank you. No matter what role I'm filling, I bow to the wishes of the group, be that to skip or to kill everything. The tank is NOT in charge, although some seem to feel they are. The DPS is not in charge, nor the healer. The wishes of the majority of the group determine the flavor of the tun. If you feel that your desire to skip as much as possible is more important than the rest of the group's wishes, then feel free to drop and queue again in the hopes that you get a group more to your liking.

The items dropped are below what a player gets free now, true. This was not always the case. In addition, I'm sure there are some out there who could use the gear for their companions. Don't say run story mode for companion gear. The gear dropped in story mode is inferior to that dropped in HM.

Theres a flaw in your argument: The OP complaining about the group wanting skipping, he wants force the group doing all bosses on HM.

My agressive adressing killed this topic.

Many players blame this game having no end game.Bioware narrows down the game by granting everyone lvl 50 tionese set as starter gear.People dont see a reason to do hm because there is no good gear.

Game has less endgame content then other mmos but it has richer too. Flashpoints are taking long , they have voice acting. I think they must think on making the opposite shorter flashpoints but players cant skip or longer flashpoints but no starting gear so ppl wont rush at heroic modes.Everyone forgets the MAIN REASON TO PLAY IS TO HAVE FUN , they turn their playstyle into a virtual item hunting where you can have no use in real life. However spending your hours in front of your computer enjoying ,relaxing and having fun have a use in real life.I have no right to judge people's choices but it sounds bad to me.

These two lines.

The game is about having fun like you said; for what ever reason or route that may be achieved. Yet time and time again we get posts like your own in similar topics. The OP rages about somebody skipping or not skipping, and demands everybody plays the way he does. It's bull, the topic is dreadfully annoying. Though if we don't reply the devs will support it since the standard rule of video games forums is the person who cries loudest gets the candy.

Bioware misses the target on a lot of things they've done in the game, though over time they have improved. They made it so when we /ignore somebody we also block them from the group finder queues. So if you meet a person that wants to control your gameplay /ignore is your friend. If your team sides with the troll decide for yourself if you want to stay or not. In the long run just go along with the majority, it's easier and is a respectful action to take. Once you're done you'll never have to talk or see that person again.

You nor I or anybody has the right to force our ideas on anyone. Like I said before form a group and and let them know your intent, if they're interested you get what you want. If not try story mode majority of people, with some exceptions are willing to do a full run. What ever method you want to take it's up to you, but as soon as you act like your first post you lose. You're the same as the guy in caps yelling: HIT THE SPACEBAR COME ON! WHO ISN'T HITTING THE SPACEBAR!?!?!?!?". I doubt anyone wants to be him. :p

Edited by Brimmer

Ahh - the big semantics debate for when arguments fail.

The OP asked for others to be banned and called people having no life if they wish to skip optional bosses in flash points.

The OP can form his own groups of like-minded peers and decide how to play the game without enforcing his need or desire on anybody else.

The semantics does not matter when the subject of the issue is very clear and only is an attempt to muddle up the issue.

The OP needs to learn he's not alone in this game and from the people defending him - obvious others do not wish to skip bosses either, so there should be plenty of people for his groups.

Room for both playing styles within the given system without changing anything - that's basically the definition of win/win.

Edited by xandax

Ahh - the big semantics debate for when arguments fail.

The OP asked for others to be banned and called people having no life if they wish to skip optional bosses in flash points.

The OP can form his own groups and decide how to play the game without enforcing his need or desire on anybody else.

The semantics does not matter when the subject of the issue is very clear and only is an attempt to muddle up the issue.

The OP needs to learn he's not alone in this game and from the people defending him - obvious others do not wish to skip bosses either, so there should be plenty of people for his groups.

Room for both playing styles within the given system without changing anything - that's basically the definition of win/win.

Aye that sums it up. We should let this silly thread die off.

They could just add a checkbox to GF "movies may be skipped".

When you enter an FP and it's set to disabled then people in the group would have no control over the movies. It would already help a lot.

Obviously, only people with the same setting would be paired. If you get no pops, you could still opt to enable movie skipping anyway.

As for bosses: up to the developers. They could make them unskippable.

Edited by Kyanzes

They could just add a checkbox to GF "movies may be skipped".

When you enter an FP and it's set to disabled then people in the group would have no control over the movies. It would already help a lot.

Obviously, only people with the same setting would be paired. If you get no pops, you could still opt to enable movie skipping anyway.

As for bosses: up to the developers. They could make them unskippable.

Then they would complain they aren't getting free social points

I have a tank, 2 healers and a DPS on each faction, thank you. No matter what role I'm filling, I bow to the wishes of the group, be that to skip or to kill everything. The tank is NOT in charge, although some seem to feel they are. The DPS is not in charge, nor the healer. The wishes of the majority of the group determine the flavor of the tun. If you feel that your desire to skip as much as possible is more important than the rest of the group's wishes, then feel free to drop and queue again in the hopes that you get a group more to your liking.

The items dropped are below what a player gets free now, true. This was not always the case. In addition, I'm sure there are some out there who could use the gear for their companions. Don't say run story mode for companion gear. The gear dropped in story mode is inferior to that dropped in HM.

Theres a flaw in your argument: The OP complaining about the group wanting skipping, he wants force the group doing all bosses on HM.

That post was in response to the poster who feels that the tank, specifically his tank, determines what gets killed and what gets skipped.

I'm not saying that the OP is correct in that all groups need to kill everything, just that no one person's desires outweigh the wishes of the majority of the group. If the OP finds himself grouped with three others who wish to skip as much as possible, then he should skip with them or drop group and queue again. The same goes for the tank I was addressing in my post. If that tank finds himself grouped with three other people who want to do everything and watch all the dialog, then his choices are to complete the run killing everything and watching the dialog, or to drop group and queue again. If either one chooses to stay with the group and constantly complain or try to force their desires on the rest of the group, it is time to kick that person, or maybe just stop and wait for that person to leave group and eat the debuff.

If that tank finds himself grouped with three other people who want to do everything and watch all the dialog, then his choices are to complete the run killing everything and watching the dialog, or to drop group and queue again.

You can't go around commanding people how to play the game ratajack.

What I mean is that people could still choose options but they could not SPACEBAR the scenes.

If we have a larger population it would likely work, but there aren't enough people to divide the group finder queues.

Edited by Brimmer

I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week.....

You know there are people that have little time to play too, and they aren't going to spend 2 hours in a flashpoint. So if they can do a speed run through one they will do it, and they will have more time left to do something else.

You must not have played from the beginning when there was so much trash to clear, flashpoint would take almost 2 hours. And if that was still the case... you would be probably now be complaining on the forum that 2 hours in a flashpoint is too much since you have limited play time.... I am quite sure of that.

You know there are people that have little time to play too, and they aren't going to spend 2 hours in a flashpoint. So if they can do a speed run through one they will do it, and they will have more time left to do something else.

You must not have played from the beginning when there was so much trash to clear, flashpoint would take almost 2 hours. And if that was still the case... you would be probably now be complaining on the forum that 2 hours in a flashpoint is too much since you have limited play time.... I am quite sure of that.

Heh, so true. :D

Edited by Brimmer

It may be YOUR normal actions, but for myself I see just as many groups I end up in from group finder doing the whole thing as I do running into groups that want to space-bar and hit the bare minimum. So your very same logic could be used on you

[Group] [Hyfy]: Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing the bare minimum.

My usual experience has been to skip bosses as that seems to be what most people want to do. However, I go with the flow. If a group wants to stop and do all bosses, we can.

However, I'm going to do what I do and that is to skip bosses. If I seem them stop because they want to do the boss or say something that they want to do it, then I'll do it. So if they're silently plodding along and not saying anything, but then come complain on the forums, that's they're fault. Speak of.

It'd be just the same if I complained that people don't hit spacebar through FP convos if I don't ask them to do so.

Point is, it's about mutual respect. I will ask someone to press spacebar. If they haven't experienced the story before, then, okay. If they have, stop being rude by doing it again. You're probably wasting 3 other people's time just because you like force pushing that girl off the ledge at KUS for the 100th time. If you really need to experience it again, then Fraps it so you can watch it all you want at your leisure.

A majority of people do these for Black Hole comms, have each boss 1 black hole comm and the skipping would be minimized.

Wow, a mechanism for addressing the issue that flows naturally from actual gameplay. You'll find the exit that way, sir. These forums have no use for you.

Edited by ahduth

Easy fix, look for and get into a group that wants to kill all the bosses. It's not that hard.

I really have done the FP's probably a couple of 100 times, and being able to skip some of the packs and even some bosses is a blessing for me.

And if someone in the group starts pulling stuff that the rest of the group wants to skip, well either the person pulling gets kicked out of the group, or I'm leaving so it's back to the queue with you.

Edited by Aelrail

I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. if you have done it houndreds of times then you should play less not turn it to a grind , enjoy more . One of the best side of this game that differs from grind mmos is its lore.

So prevent skipping BW. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as many as boss count except the first boss , giving addtional damage , damage reduction and health to each boss. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed

second boss >>>>> 2x [ grindersfrustration] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

third boss >>>>>>> 4x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

last boss >>>>>>> 16x [grindersfrustation] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .

Edit: I made the post emotional friendly

i find boss skipping annoying too. but it is more of a poor fp design mechanic being exploited by the player base than anything else. it is here to stay so just learn to deal with it.

i find boss skipping annoying too. but it is more of a poor fp design mechanic being exploited by the player base than anything else. it is here to stay so just learn to deal with it.

Skippable bosses are common place in small group "dungeons" in most MMO's.

As for the point of this thread... same old complaint. Nothing new here.

Simple answer:

If you want to do things a certain way, group up with people who want to do it the same way you do. Group Finder is NOT the way to do that.

People running Group Finder are typically trying to get their daily Comm runs out of the way and have done the same flashpoints dozens of times. They don't want to fully clear every single mob, nor do they want to kill bosses that don't drop anything they need.

Also, the assumption is that the group just wants to get to the end of the FP as fast as they can. However if you tell the group that you need the gear drops the majority will take the time to kill the bosses for your benefit. If they won't then either deal with that fact or drop the group and re-queue in hopes the next group will want to do them all.

Mandating that everything be done the way you want it done, especially considering that it wasn't designed that way, is just silly.